Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
BackUp QBs on Other Teams

Quote:Taylor is coming here

Taylor's going to want starter money. I'm not sure TC/Dave want to give a clipboard holder starter money. Marrone has already said he thinks Bortles can be salvaged. That means he's gonna give him every opportunity to prove him correct.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Taylor's going to want starter money. I'm not sure TC/Dave want to give a clipboard holder starter money. Marrone has already said he thinks Bortles can be salvaged. That means he's gonna give him every opportunity to prove him correct.

If Taylor is let go, he can claim it is for injury as he just had groin surgery. If he wins that claim (and he should in that scenario), he would get $30.1 million guaranteed from the Bills. Whatever contract he signs with his next team will then be deducted from that amount.

So if you sign him and convince him will have a legitimate shot to compete for the starting role, I think he would be okay would a incentive based contract that has roster bonuses after 1, 2 or 3 years. Because if he is still here at that point, he is likely the starter.

Plus there is no reason to take on Bortles' 5th year right now so you have the cap space to make that play.

Though that is all dependent on Taylor being cut by the Bills, which I do not think will happen. If they had immediately hired Lynn possibly, but the longer their search has lasted makes it look like they may take on someone else. I doubt anyone outside that building really sees EJ Manuel, any other FA, or potential draft pick as a better option. 

Why would we waste time with some other team's Chad Henne when we have the real deal????

[Image: CUOcnxjUkAA1knO.jpg]

“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Quote:Chase Daniel

lol

Maybe Brett Favre is interested in getting off the tractor one more time.

What this team needs is a jeans model.

Calling Deshawn Watson a future bust since 3/19/17. If I eat crow, I will keep this in here and proclaim JackCity a genius. 

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Its entirely possible that AJ McCarron can be like another Eli Manning if he applies himself and goes hard in the QB competition. He can rock #10 too since we cut Scobee.