Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
U.S. Marine accused of murdering a Filipino TG woman

Quote:I agree; however, one shouldnt pose as a certain gender, especially if theyre soliciting, and then pull the switcheroo. Guy going out for some seafood doesnt want to end up at the sausage market.
Very good point. Very much agree.

Doesn't justify killing though.

TravC59, aka JacksJags. @TravC59 on Twitter
;
; "This is really good, you want a bite, Honey?"

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Very good point. Very much agree.

Doesn't justify killing though.

What he's describing is a bonafide "trap," not someone who is transgendered, though...just sayin'.

The article doesn't give us enough information to determine what's going on in any case. Whether trap or transgender, it sure as <expletive> worth killing over.

<i>Behold man's final mad disgrace.</i>

<i>He chops his nose to spite his face.</i>

-Etrigan the Demon

Quote:What he's describing is a bonafide "trap," not someone who is transgendered, though...just sayin'.

The article doesn't give us enough information to determine what's going on in any case. Whether trap or transgender, it sure as <expletive> worth killing over.
Yes, I get that. I am able to differentiate.

TravC59, aka JacksJags. @TravC59 on Twitter
;
; "This is really good, you want a bite, Honey?"

The attitudes towards transgendered women are much different in Asia, especially in the Philippines and Thailand, than here. In the Philippines it is more common that they will live openly as women than in western countries. Some are even recognized as children and raised as girls from a young age. On the flip side, fathers have been known to kill their young sons if they suspect them to be even effeminate.

It is a country of contradictions. Predominately Catholic and conservative, it is hard for TG women to find employment unless it is a job not requiring personal interaction, like online or telephone customer service representatives. They cannot marry nor will Filipino men openly date them in general. Too often their main opportunities for earning money are prostitution or, more recently, as web cam "models". On the other hand they are accepted and often even held in esteem in their communities. Beauty pageants for TG women are very popular, and are sponsored by local governments as part of festivities on national and religious holidays.

They aren't freaks, they aren't cross dressers, it's not a fetish They have just been dealt a tough hand with which to play in the game of life.

If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]

Did she deserve it?

Quote:Did she deserve it?

Since we don't have much to go on, who knows? If she tried to rob or extort him, murder may be explainable. If it's just a case of a guy getting trapped, I think not. Just say no thanks, leave the room. It's not like it's a challenge to one's manhood. In the victim's culture, men who have sex with TS women are not considered to be gay, or even bisexual.

If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]

Quote:Hey, I work with transgender people, they are just like you and me. Do you realize that The Transgender, Transsexual Suicide rate is 31%. Over 50% of them have had one suicide attempt by age 20? That's why I'm a suicide prevention councilor
online for this group of people. Your attitiude just makes it more difficult for them to just live day to day. All they want is to be left alone and live their lives as they see fit. So what if it doesn't conform to the norms of society.
I responded to this last night, but some  overzealous loser hid the response. If you care, send me a PM. I will be more than happy to respond again via PM.

What lies behind us, and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

Quote:The attitudes towards transgendered women are much different in Asia, especially in the Philippines and Thailand, than here. In the Philippines it is more common that they will live openly as women than in western countries. Some are even recognized as children and raised as girls from a young age. On the flip side, fathers have been known to kill their young sons if they suspect them to be even effeminate.

It is a country of contradictions. Predominately Catholic and conservative, it is hard for TG women to find employment unless it is a job not requiring personal interaction, like online or telephone customer service representatives. They cannot marry nor will Filipino men openly date them in general. Too often their main opportunities for earning money are prostitution or, more recently, as web cam "models". On the other hand they are accepted and often even held in esteem in their communities. Beauty pageants for TG women are very popular, and are sponsored by local governments as part of festivities on national and religious holidays.

They aren't freaks, they aren't cross dressers, it's not a fetish They have just been dealt a tough hand with which to play in the game of life.

huh I thought transgender meant they had, um changed? Once had a bat now they have a glove? 

[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

Quote:huh I thought transgender meant they had, um changed? Once had a bat now they have a glove? 

Transsexual mean they have changed, Transgender is the state of one's gender identity or gender expression not matching one's birth sex.

Instead of a sign that says "Do Not Disturb" I need one that says "Already Disturbed Proceed With Caution."

I was in lowes today, saw a pack of shims. Thought of this thread.

[Image: seal_zps22481173.jpg]

Instead of a sign that says "Do Not Disturb" I need one that says "Already Disturbed Proceed With Caution."

(This post was last modified: 10-19-2014, 10:44 PM by sublime92.)

Quote:Some of those baklas are very convincing.
Haha are you married to a Filipino?