Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Sometimes I wonder...

What it's like in half of this board's heads.

Last week, according to some here, Bortles was a problem and only threw INTs. This week, he's the second coming of Jesus. How about he's a rookie who will have games like yesterday and games like against Pit. But is very promising and IMO our franchise QB.

Fire Bradley. Ok, he's a second year coach with a team of nobodies and rookies while still learning how to be a head coach. Yes he makes mistakes but I'm not seeing the same mistakes repeated over and over.

In the offseason people said they just want us to be competitive, now we are, and they still aren't happy. I seriously don't think some of you would be happy even if we won the Super Bowl.

Half our offense is rookies and we just put up our best offensive yardage game of the season. We would have won that game easily if it weren't for some drops and more rookie receiver mistakes. What do you expect? These guys aren't going to play like Calvin week 1. I think they're progressing fairly well.

The OL. It's far from finished. Hell it's not even really average yet. But it is getting better weekly.

The defense. Has allowed less points in the past 2 games combined than in the first 3 games each. We are pulling out of last place in out defensive rankings and the corner play is doing much better. The DL is improving. Inconsistent or not, how much would we have begged to have a 3 sack game 2 years ago?

The coordinators. Fisch has been opening the playbook more weekly. Yesterday we took more shots than the week before. Yes we need to stop the screen after screen after screen. But we need a competent running game to do that. Defensively, we are seeing improvement. Could it be that guy's jobs in the scheme are finally starting to click? No that clearly doesn't make sense. Must be something else.

Seriously. It's getting ridiculous. Yeah I watch the game and I complain at blown coverages and dropped balls and get pissed at how bad we perform sometimes. But then we see glimpses of the future. You look at the stats with some objectivity and you see improvement across the board. We beat Tennessee in yardage (passing and rushing) TOP, first downs. It was a couple mistakes that cost us winning that game and we still were in it till the last seconds.

Of course these stats need to transition to wins. And they will. We've been saying 2015 is the year to see where this team is. How come all of a sudden it's right now or they're fired? I don't care if things have been bad for "10 years". You cannot blame this regime for the years past or honestly expect them to turn it into a good team in less than 2 years. You just can't. We have our qb. We have promising receivers. We have a ridiculously young team. If you can't see the improvement then you're purposely avoiding it.

Also one other thing, people are acting like we let Whitehurst throw for 400 yards and 5 tds. He got 230 yards and one TD. Relax.

Try to enjoy the growth. I know I will.
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Sometimes I wonder...

What it's like in half of this board's heads.

[Image: Monkey_cymbal.gif]

Quote:[Image: Monkey_cymbal.gif]
True

HeadSlap

When they have no time,  they think about it!

When they go down hard, they think about it!

Just watch Peyton, Andrew, Caep even Mr. Bundchen.

Word up.

Huh

No doubt

Whether someone has a liberal, or conservative viewpoint, a authoritative figure should not lock a thread for the sole purpose to get the last word in all the while prohibiting someone else from being able to respond.

(This post was last modified: 10-13-2014, 12:47 PM by oface5446.)

That's what's up

You don't wanna venture down this rabbit hole, dude.. 

[Image: SaKG4.gif]

I'll be the first to admit, after a loss, I say stuff that I should probably sleep on first. Bortles played a great game yesterday, when you take everything into to consideration. Defense did play well, although they allowed way too many explosive plays.

The Jaguars stuck around all game yesterday and almost came back and stole the win. If Cecil didn't fumble in the redzone, we would have had our first win yesterday.

The Cleveland Game Will Be A Good Indicator Of Where We Are As A team, Because Cleveland Is Playing Good Football Right now. They run the ball pretty well, and Hoyer has been playing well. Cleveland also has a solid defense.
No commercial messages in sigs

(This post was last modified: 10-13-2014, 01:02 PM by JAGFAN88.)

Quote:What it's like in half of this board's heads.

[Image: internet+troll.jpg]

This usually.