Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Bortles is making his case for rookie of the year

Quote:To get a favorable matchup, I did think it was rather strange too, hard to get too mad a RB that drops a deep pass. It's possible that it wasn't designed to go that deep but since he had to avoid the rush the timing was off.

No its not too hard to blame a RB for dropping a deep pass when he's that wide open. 

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:To get a favorable matchup, I did think it was rather strange too, hard to get too mad a RB that drops a deep pass. It's possible that it wasn't designed to go that deep but since he had to avoid the rush the timing was off.

So now it is Bortles fault for making a play, lol

IMO, That play was meant to be over well before toddman got that far down field. It also was designed to go to someone else.

ice cream

Quote:So now it is Bortles fault for making a play, lol

LOL, I think I've heard them all now....

Not sure how one could seriously blame BORTLES on that play....but I guess when you are conditioned like we are for the dink and dunk and to be proud of it, man!!....you get insane criticisms like his in that instance. 

Quote:IMO, That play was meant to be over well before toddman got that far down field. It also was designed to go to someone else.

Maybe it was, but most other QB completely miss the wide open player in that instance. Bortles progressions and eyes downfield made that attempt possible - and TODMAN SHOULD HAVE CAUGHT IT! It should have been a walk into the end zone easy TD. 

It was a great play by Bortles. Bad execution by Todman. 

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:So now it is Bortles fault for making a play, lol
um....yeah that's exactly what I said, can't you read?

BB made something out of nothing on that play, I just doubt the play design was to throw a 50 yard bomb to a RB, yes he should've caught it but there's a reason why you don't see OCs calling long passing plays to RBs very often, that was the only point I was trying to make

Quote:No its not too hard to blame a RB for dropping a deep pass when he's that wide open. 
If it were that easy for RBs to haul in long passes like that, you'd probably see it called much more often.

My original point is that Fisch was trying to get the ball down the field. who knows maybe the 6 times he was sacked he was trying to get the ball down the field.