Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
How good IS Bortles?

Quote:Bortles looks a lot more accurate than Luck to me
He does. They have a similar playing style and mindset is what I shoulda said.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:And not near as scruffy \ Amish

Every time I watch a presser I think he is growing a beard almost as big as Andrew Luck's so chances are someday he will be scruffy.

Quote:I have no problem with Bortles. I'm a fan of his. I'm just trying to give some realism here. I also don't think the WR are the issue you do. 
The WR get zero separation from the defender.  Every ball has to be on the money.  They are part of the problem right now but they're rookies too and hopefully they'll learn how to do that as they get more experience.

It's hard for me to be totally objective because I am already such a big fan of BB.

It's the whole package I like. We have a winner, that much is certain. That's what makes me a little crazy with all the negativity on here. Let's all say it together.

WE HAVE A QB!! IN JAX!!

I still can't believe it.. I thought it would never happen. He's the first Jag Qb I have liked since Brunell, and I like BB even better. That's saying a bit, Mark Brunell was pretty good there for awhile.

Quote:It's hard for me to be totally objective because I am already such a big fan of BB.

It's the whole package I like. We have a winner, that much is certain. That's what makes me a little crazy with all the negativity on here. Let's all say it together.

WE HAVE A QB!! IN JAX!!

I still can't believe it.. I thought it would never happen. He's the first Jag Qb I have liked since Brunell, and I like BB even better. That's saying a bit, Mark Brunell was pretty good there for awhile.
Abso-[BLEEP]-lutely. +1

We may not have a living QB for long in Jacksonville, this O-line is going to get him killed. But I do agree he has to be the best QB here in the past decade.

Quote:We may not have a living QB for long in Jacksonville, this O-line is going to get him killed. But I do agree he has to be the best QB here in the past decade.

The running backs and offensive line will improve. Blake Bortles will get better at avoiding sacks. Don't worry too much.

(This post was last modified: 10-13-2014, 03:38 AM by JAGANTIUS.)

How good is Derek Carr who threw 4 TD today is Bortles better than him?

Jag fans will forever compare BB to Peyton Manning's rookie year. How about comparing him

To someone in His draft class who would you take?

Quote:How good is Derek Carr who threw 4 TD today is Bortles better than him?

Jag fans will forever compare BB to Peyton Manning's rookie year. How about comparing him

Manning had a supporting cast and a coach.

Carr has played 2 1/2 more games than Bortles and Bortles has matched his passing yardage already, has more rushes than him, and is clearly better all around when you watch them play and is just better instinctually at the position.

"A man with no sauce is lost.

<p style="text-align:center;">But that same man can get lost in the sauce."

Having a good TE as a pressure relief valve would help. Clay Harbor is growing into the role and made a couple of big catches today. Lewis could be the guy but apparently the trade off with him is one good play equals two weeks of injury.

http://yesnetwork.stats.com/fb/playersta...31&team=30  Blake Bortles

http://yesnetwork.stats.com/fb/playersta...64&team=13  Derek Carr

Winner Blake Bortles and unlike Blake, Derek Carr has a line and receiver core around him. 

[Image: giphy.gif]

Quote:While I agree that Bortles is playing well and coaching is a huge issue, I wouldn't say that Bortles is playing better than any rookie QB that I can remember. Thats a bit steep. Russell Wilson of only a few years ago was playing better, IMO. 

Bortles has only thrown 4 total TD passes in 4 appearances. Thats pedestrian. 
Unfair comparison.

How do you think Wilson would have done playing on this team his Rookie year?  And how do you think Bortles would be doing if he played for Seattle?

Quote:While I agree that Bortles is playing well and coaching is a huge issue, I wouldn't say that Bortles is playing better than any rookie QB that I can remember. Thats a bit steep. Russell Wilson of only a few years ago was playing better, IMO. 

Russel Wilson? The epitome of "game manager" his rookie year? Get out of here with that! I watched a few of his rookie season games, that team his rookie year won inspite of him. He was asked to hand off the ball, and not throw INTs...

BB5 is light years ahead of Wilson in terms of thier rookie seasons.

With that said, I do think it's hyperbolic to say that BB5 is having an all time great rookie year. The team is just not good enough to make that statement true.

Quote:Unfair comparison.
How do you think Wilson would have done playing on this team his Rookie year?  And how do you think Bortles would be doing if he played for Seattle?

Great point, Wilson would be a creamcicle behind this line, these RBs, these rookie WRs, and an OC that can get out of his own way!

Quote:Great point, Wilson would be a creamcicle behind this line, these RBs, these rookie WRs, and an OC that can get out of his own way!

You guys are being homers with this. Wilson would be improvising with this line, much like Blake is now. He'd be doing similar things that Blake is doing, only in a smaller package. He probably wouldn't have been as efficient with this team though. People act as if Wilson came out of nowhere. He's been doing the same thing he's doing now since college.

Blake is playing well, but I wouldn't go so far as to say its the best play out of a rookie QB ever. Just hope that he speeds up his development, since he's really the only saving grace for this team right now to be competitive and win some games.

Wilson inherited a Superbowl team and had Marshawn Lynch.  Not comparable.

Quote:Wilson inherited a Superbowl team and had Marshawn Lynch.  Not comparable.

And here I thought he inherited a team that won 7 games and was so desperate for a QB it signed Matt Flynn to a huge FA contract.

all they needed was a QB. We need a running back, new linebackers, a new free safety, and o-lineman.

"A man with no sauce is lost.

<p style="text-align:center;">But that same man can get lost in the sauce."

Quote:And here I thought he inherited a team that won 7 games and was so desperate for a QB it signed Matt Flynn to a huge FA contract.

Because they knew the rest of the team was capable. They needed a couple guys, like you usually do when you're 7-9 and on the verge of being a deep playoff team.
<a target="_blank" href="http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v107/chuckd132132/p1_manning_all_200.jpg" target="_blank">VIEW IMAGE</a>