Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Missing the field goal was a good thing

You don't have to draft #1 to get better.....you have to draft smart.

Look at the tacks and their 2nd round RB Sankey, he gave our D fits.

Play to win....not tank.

"Stay tight, stay close. Great things are going to continue to happen for this football team."  - Doug Peterson

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:You don't have to draft #1 to get better.....you have to draft smart.

Look at the tacks and their 2nd round RB Sankey, he gave our D fits.

Play to win....not tank.
Fits because we like to arm tackle and crash the strongside when they counter to the weakside

This thread is meaningless. I agree about the year with tanking for Luck. I would of rather of lost those games against the colts so they didn't get him, but he is a once in a decade type QB. I hope the tacks get Mariota or Winston cause they're terrible.

@StroudCrowd1 -- just because WE don't need a QB doesn't mean we lose leverage.  When someone put their house on the market, they leverage potential buyers.  Even if we don't have interest from the Bucs, we can tell the Jets we're getting good offers for the #1 pick.

...maybe I'm just looking for the light at the end of the tunnel that just happens NOT to be another train.

Trade #1 pick for a ton of picks yolo

Quote:Trade #1 pick for a ton of picks yolo

I don't care what people say.  If Bortles is the real deal (and it looks like he is), we're good.  No coaching changes, GM changes, we're good. 2015 could be a HUGE if we can manage this.  Get a bunch of picks. Then spend some money in FA.  2014 is going to sting, but 2015 could be amazing.  Remember how big an impact truely sucking had for the Colts that one time?   

I hope we do have the number one pick then make a monumental trade with a team like the Bills or Bucs. I'll take picks over wins at this point.

Tank for the first pick. trade it to the bucs for all their picks. prosper.

Quote:@StroudCrowd1 -- just because WE don't need a QB doesn't mean we lose leverage.  When someone put their house on the market, they leverage potential buyers.  Even if we don't have interest from the Bucs, we can tell the Jets we're getting good offers for the #1 pick.

...maybe I'm just looking for the light at the end of the tunnel that just happens NOT to be another train.

or you take the QB and then if someone wants them, you trade him

Quote:I can't wait the "meaningless wins" threads

I can't wait for a year where the jags are actually still in contention for something in November and we won't have a reason to talk about meaningless wins vs draft status.

If there is no one to draft at #1, why would any other team trade for the #1 pick? They would have to give up a buttload to move to that spot, for what? We are stuck at #1.

Nobody trades into the #1 pick unless they are going for a QB. It's way too expensive.

It's sad we are already talking draft position less than half way through the season.

Regards..........................the Chiefjag

Quote:Nobody trades into the #1 pick unless they are going for a QB. It's way too expensive.

It's sad we are already talking draft position less than half way through the season.

On paper, we won't be favored in any game this season. I always throw in one upset, so at minimum we'll end up 1-15

Quote:If there is no one to draft at #1, why would any other team trade for the #1 pick? They would have to give up a buttload to move to that spot, for what? We are stuck at #1.

I'm all for forward thinking and all, but the draft is like in forever months.  But there's always trades.  Even if we can't get the megadeal, we can possibly orchestrate a series of small trade-backs and then trade ups or whatever, just get creative.  I see it all the time.  

Quote:This is my perspective.   The game was already played out.  We know what we have right now.  Does making the field goal really make you better than the Titans, Colts, and Texans in 2015+     NO  !!!  

We've seen that before when we beat the Colts and you all got excited (allowing them to get A. Luck).   Trust me, missing the field goal "MAY" be a good thing.   The draft is critical to the success of this team; similar to what the Lions experienced.  Give me the #1 pick and I'll guarantee this team will be much better in 2 years then winning a few meaningless games and ending up with the #6+ pick.

NO -- I don't want to lose.  But if you ask me whether I'd take a Week 6 FG or the #1 pick, let me be "on the clock"
Wholeheartedly agree.  

Why show up Sunday if you want to lose. Screw the draft. We have BB and receivers with great upside. I'm into winning now. I'm sick of this team sucking year after year. BB did his part and he gave us a shot at winning. Tell him to wait until next year, see what he does.
[Image: 160572067683e562faff2fbedb33413b.gif]

Quote:I can't wait for a year where the jags are actually still in contention for something in November and we won't have a reason to talk about meaningless wins vs draft status.
Looks like you got  long wait

[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

Quote:Nobody trades into the #1 pick unless they are going for a QB. It's way too expensive.

When you're 0-6, it's too be expected. 

Quote:It's sad we are already talking draft position less than half way through the season.

Yes it is, and yet both understandable and familiar.

Quote:If we get 1st pick, people know we wont pick a QB, so that lessens our trade leverage IMO. Unless the 2nd pick needs a franchise QB and someone needs to leapfrog them.

Take the top QB again.  Injuries happen and Blake might stay an interception machine.  

"Gentlemen, it is better to have died a small boy than to fumble this football" - John Heisman