Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Bradley blows the game

Quote:Love Bradley. Gonna give him another 2 yrs easily..

He doesn't deserve it at this point. 

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:If Blake threw it out of bounds, it would be a useless play.

If Blake threw it to a sideline but the receiver got tackled before he could go out of bounds, the clock would keep running down to zero.

This franchise has institutionalized you to crave mediocrity.

Quote:Seriously????? You can easily get a sideline play off in 5 seconds or less. 

Not with how our WR get separation. No chance of them getting OOB with a catch.

Quote:If Blake threw it out of bounds, it would be a useless play.

If Blake threw it to a sideline but the receiver got tackled before he could go out of bounds, the clock would keep running down to zero.

A useless play??? What are you talking about??? 55 yarders aren't even close to "gimmes". They needed at least 10 more yards for a reasonable chance to win the game. They had time to do so too.......but the head coach choked. 

The way the usual suspects on this message board go out of their way to defend some of the franchise' decisions is mind boggling. Absolutely mind boggling.

Quote:Not with how our WR get separation. No chance of them getting OOB with a catch.

Not true, I saw plays today where they were indeed getting separation. And thats a cop out anyway. What Bradley did was wrong. You have to at least try to get closer in that situation. 12 seconds is a LOT of time in that situation. 

Quote:The way the usual suspects on this message board go out of their way to defend some of the franchise' decisions is mind boggling. Absolutely mind boggling.

I'm starting to think they are plants. 

Quote:Not with how our WR get separation. No chance of them getting OOB with a catch.

Exactly. If the receiver is not all by himself when the ball is thrown, he is not going OOB after catching it.

People seem to think the only reason the kick got blocked was Josh Scobee could not get any closer. Have you all forgotten we already were in field goal range and he is very accurate over 50 yards?

Quote:Going for the 55 yard field goal at 3rd and 2 with 12 seconds left was beyond amateur-ish. 

I told you all last week in my post about Bradley that he was over his head. But they had to lock the thread because I was right. 

His decision was the correct one. He shouldn't, however, have challenged the fumble. You're wrong here.

Quote:Seriously????? You can easily get a sideline play off in 5 seconds or less. 

... and you can seriously get tackles inbounds, fumble, or whatever possible scenario pops into your head. You don't want to consider THAT side of it, however.

Quote:A useless play??? What are you talking about??? 55 yarders aren't even close to "gimmes". They needed at least 10 more yards for a reasonable chance to win the game. They had time to do so too.......but the head coach choked. 

It would be useless to throw the ball away knowing the pass will be incomplete.

Quote:His decision was the correct one. He shouldn't, however, have challenged the fumble. You're wrong here.

... and you can seriously get tackles inbounds, fumble, or whatever possible scenario pops into your head. You don't want to consider THAT side of it, however.

Bradleys ineptitude put us in this situation with no timeouts anyway, but lets not talk about that.

(This post was last modified: 10-12-2014, 11:41 PM by CSO14.)

Quote:This franchise has institutionalized you to crave mediocrity.

This have what I've been saying. Why don't people get this? Play to win, not hope to win...geez
[Image: 160572067683e562faff2fbedb33413b.gif]

Quote:His decision was the correct one. He shouldn't, however, have challenged the fumble. You're wrong here.

No it was not the correct decision. Every other team in the NFL would have tried one more sideline play in that instance. 

You're just brother in law'ing the head coach at this point. 

Thats more than enough time for a sideline pass attempt and to get out of bounds. 

Kicking the FG right there at 55 yards was insane. A 55 yarder has like a 20% chance of being successful. 

Quote:It would be useless to throw the ball away knowing the pass will be incomplete.

Quote:This have what I've been saying. Why don't people get this? Play to win, not hope to win...geez

"These walls are funny. First you hate 'em, then you get used to 'em. Enough time passes, you get so you depend on them. That's institutionalized."

Quote:Not true, I saw plays today where they were indeed getting separation. And thats a cop out anyway. What Bradley did was wrong. You have to at least try to get closer in that situation. 12 seconds is a LOT of time in that situation.

I can't believe people are debating this. This team plays scared... We were to scared to try and move the ball. This team plays soft because of its leadership...I thought Gus had passion? Well, it's not showing up on the field.

Quote:Bradleys ineptitude put us in this situation with no timeouts anyway, but lets not talk about that.

Thats true as well, but the decision to kick at that point also was the wrong decision. 

I wonder if Gus purchased or is renting his house.

You try one more sideline pass surely.

Saying that the challenges were much worse imo.

Quote:I wonder if Gus purchased or is renting his house.

For his sake I hope it's rented.
[Image: 160572067683e562faff2fbedb33413b.gif]

Quote:You try one more sideline pass surely.

Saying that the challenges were much worse imo.

Not denying that the challenges were also terrible.