Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Bradley blows the game

Quote:That's great but it'd be nice if he'd show us he's learning from the mistakes he's making.  Particularly with the clock management side of the game.

TC had a horrific challenge tonight. Maybe he needs to learn and own up to his mistake as well. It happens.

My guess is that it was desperate and based on what little info her had in his headset.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:You try one more sideline pass surely.

Saying that the challenges were much worse imo.

Both calls were horrendous, but I agree with you. If the challenges weren't attempted, we'd have at least 1 more timeout, and that would have won us the game. Poor coaching. HC is too much for him. D coordinator seems to be his strength. Look at seatless D now. They aren't as good since he left.
[Image: 160572067683e562faff2fbedb33413b.gif]

(This post was last modified: 10-12-2014, 11:51 PM by JagNGeorgia.)

Quote:Bradleys ineptitude put us in this situation with no timeouts anyway, but lets not talk about that.

I'm not saying it didn't, but if you think his decision was more costly than Bortles' INT, Shorts' fumble, or Scobee's blocked kick, then you'd be wrong.

Quote:No it was not the correct decision. Every other team in the NFL would have tried one more sideline play in that instance. 

You're just brother in law'ing the head coach at this point. 

Thats more than enough time for a sideline pass attempt and to get out of bounds. 

Kicking the FG right there at 55 yards was insane. A 55 yarder has like a 20% chance of being successful. 

Stop with that nonsense. Bradley certainly contributed to the loss, but I'm not twisting the situation to fit an agenda.

If everything works perfectly, then yes that is more than enough time. It took 6+ seconds for Bortles to throw to Hurns and for Hurns to hit the sideline... and that was without ANYONE near him. It was a short pass with no defenders. If he's tackled inbounds, you'd be lucky to come away with 1 or 2 seconds on the clock, and that's assuming it was a short pass to begin with. If it's 10+ then you're out of time. 

(This post was last modified: 10-12-2014, 11:53 PM by The Mad Dog.)

Quote:I'm not saying it didn't, but if you think his decision was more costly than Bortles' INT, Shorts' fumble, or Scobee's blocked kick, then you'd be wrong.

Stop with that nonsense. Bradley certainly contributed to the loss, but I'm not twisting the situation to fit an agenda.

If everything works perfectly, then yes that is more than enough time. It took 6+ seconds for Bortles to throw to Hurns and for Hurns to hit the sideline... and that was without ANYONE near him. It was a short pass with no defenders. If he's tackled inbounds, you'd be lucky to come away with 1 or 2 seconds on the clock, and that's assuming it was a short pass to begin with. If it's 10+ then you're out of time. 

Just stop. There was 12 second left. Every other team in the NFL would have tried one more play in that situation. 

A 55 yarder is a low percentage kick. Stop acting like this was a 40 yarder. 

Quote:TC had a horrific challenge tonight. Maybe he needs to learn and own up to his mistake as well. It happens.

My guess is that it was desperate and based on what little info her had in his headset.

Headset...You might be onto something. Perhaps the NFL should have partnered with BEATS instead of BOSE. It really wasn't Bradley's fault. Smile

Quote:Just stop. There was 12 second left. Every other team in the NFL would have tried one more play in that situation. 

A 55 yarder is a low percentage kick. Stop acting like this was a 40 yarder. 

Do you read anything anyone writes or do you pre-plan all of your responses?

I didn't address the distance of the kick. That's you, living in your fantasy world, assuming you know what people think.

Do you care to respond to any of my points or should should I expect more of this drivel? 

Guess I'm in the minority here thinking the fumble challenge and the 3 down fg attempt are standard decisions.  Our team completely sucks at clock management though, we rarely get the ball out of bounds with restricted time and I will say Gus is definitely making some pretty awful head coach mistakes.  I believe he will take the opportunity this year to learn from them and research the correct answers for the future.

To clarify.

*Fumble challenge* IMO was far to big of an opportunity to pass up, even if the challenge is only good 1/10th of the time at that point in the game to get the ball on the opponents 20 yard line and turn the momentum(and scoreboard) tables would have been huge.

*3rd down field goal* If you choose to pass, you have to hope there is at least a chance that your rookie quarterback and your rookie wide receiver's can connect some of the time and EVERYTIME they connect they MUST get out of bounds.  You have several 2min situations that show very clearly your receiver's cannot guarantee they can get out of bounds, you have to try the field goal.

Quote:Guess I'm in the minority here thinking the fumble challenge and the 3 down fg attempt are standard decisions.  Our team completely sucks at clock management though, we rarely get the ball out of bounds with restricted time and I will say Gus is definitely making some pretty awful head coach mistakes.  I believe he will take the opportunity this year to learn from them and research the correct answers for the future.

To clarify.

*Fumble challenge* IMO was far to big of an opportunity to pass up, even if the challenge is only good 1/10th of the time at that point in the game to get the ball on the opponents 20 yard line and turn the momentum(and scoreboard) tables would have been huge.

*3rd down field goal* If you choose to pass, you have to hope there is at least a chance that your rookie quarterback and your rookie wide receiver's can connect some of the time and EVERYTIME they connect they MUST get out of bounds.  You have several 2min situations that show very clearly your receiver's cannot guarantee they can get out of bounds, you have to try the field goal.

Bradley is not a good head coach. That sums up the entire bottom line. 

Quote:Bradley is not a good head coach. That sums up the entire bottom line.

If they fire him, I don't think it will be hard to get a big name here bc we have bortles and promising WRs.
[Image: 160572067683e562faff2fbedb33413b.gif]

Quote:If they fire him, I don't think it will be hard to get a big name here bc we have bortles and promising WRs.

Both of those.....and a deep pocket owner who seems hungry to win. 

Quote:TC had a horrific challenge tonight. Maybe he needs to learn and own up to his mistake as well. It happens.

He got word from a guy named Josh up in the booth that the play should be challenged, but blamed himself for wasting a timeout.