Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jags fed up with Gerhart

We had 57 snaps of offense. Bortles accounted for 40 of them (39 passes and 1 rush)

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Gerhart is on notice. I look forward to see what Storm can do.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

Yeah!!! He sucks!!!

Signed,

The O Line

Quote:Jags should use Gehart in schemes he was productive in in Minn. Excellent article details how he was utilized in Minn. Notice the money quote: "Gerhart was more successful running behind pulling guards, tight ends and fullbacks into the line of scrimmage." This is certainly why he often passed the line of scrimmage in Minn untouched and was able to run for greater gains. The Jags have to play Gerhart to his strength.

I agree they have to find a way to play to Toby's strength, but do the Jags have players good enough to block for Toby like that?

I'm not sure Toby has many strengths as a RB though.

There's no doubt that TG has been a big disappointment so far.

I survived the Gus Bradley Error.

Quote:We had 57 snaps of offense. Bortles accounted for 40 of them (39 passes and 1 rush)

There's no doubt that someone on the offense has to step up and help BB out.

He's a 22yr old rookie and shouldn't have to carry that much of the load.

Quote:Gerhart is on notice. I look forward to see what Storm can do.

If YOU are throwing in the towel on him, you know he REALLY sucks.

Quote:Then Dave should go too.

For signing a running back? Lol, uh no.
<a target="_blank" href="http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v107/chuckd132132/p1_manning_all_200.jpg" target="_blank">VIEW IMAGE</a>

Quote:For signing a running back? Lol, uh no.

One could argue he signed a fullback.

Quote:Then Dave should go too.

Why? He hardly got signed for huge money

He was awesome in college. Shame it didn't transition.

Another great signing by Caldwell

[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

Did he really hurt his foot?

Didn't Donald Brown sign a similar contract in SD? He was 3rd string before injuries and is looking just as bad as Gerhart. He's got a lot of help with Rivers at the helm as well. I don't think his contract will have much effect on the cap if he is cut early, not to worried about it.

wow the gm isn't perfect, none of them are.   just glad he had the foresight to sign this fa class to contracts that are easy to get out of on cap hits.  doubt he gets cuts this year though, hopefully just get replaced as the starter.  if we are going for the all rookie offense, might as well go all in with the running back as well

Quote:Why? He hardly got signed for huge money
Compared to the other Jaguar backs he got huge money. Robinson, Storm Johnson don't make 600k a year and Toby gets 3.5 million per year. While that is not 8 or 9 million some top backs get, it's still a starting RB salary. 

But Looking at just dollar salaries sort of misses the point. He was brought in to replace a guy who was a featured back before injuries, and Toby was going to be THE featured back, hence the reason no other running back makes a million and he makes 3 times that.

His performace shows no signs he has the skills of a featured back, none, zip. He did not suddenly become slowby. He was Slowby before but somebody blew it big time thinking this fullback was going to be a premium position player for the next 4 years. This isn't some backup FA nickle back, or linebacker free agent pickup for a half million. Those are hit and miss. Slowby was brought in to replace a premium back in a premium position, and how anyone could look at this terrible runner, no matter his salary, and slot Toby to start the season as the Jags featured back is a mind boggling awful decision by Dave Caldwell.

Quote:Did he really hurt his foot?

Why do you ask? Toby was not sure if he could make it to the sideline. I was surprised he came back in before halftime.

Unless something changes drastically between now and the rest of the year, the RB position is just another of the many positions that will have to be upgraded in the off season.

Sad but true.

Quote:There's no doubt that someone on the offense has to step up and help BB out.

He's a 22yr old rookie and shouldn't have to carry that much of the load.

The problem is some of the guys who need to help him out are also 22-year old rookies. The only veterans on our offense are Chad Henne, Cecil Shorts, Zane Beadles, and Toby Gerhart.

Quote:Unless something changes drastically between now and the rest of the year, the RB position is just another of the many positions that will have to be upgraded in the off season.

Sad but true.

I fully expect to see player accountability at that position. There is a good chance Storm or Denard will switch places with Toby on the depth chart IMO.

Quote:I fully expect to see player accountability at that position. There is a good chance Storm or Denard will switch places with Toby on the depth chart IMO.

There better be.

TG is to the RB position, what Chad Henne is to the QB position. UGH!!!!!!!!!!!