Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Most important play of the game, side note about Gerhart

Quote:Think we could get Barry out of retirement?
Ace, Barry, Deion, Colonel, whatever Sanders you got Ill take him.

"Snow and cold may have stopped the armies of Hitler and Napoleon, but they won't slow down the Jaguars. "
;

;
-Steve Sabol

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:The franchise has beaten its fans into submission where mediocrity is the goal.
Mediocrity would be 8-8ish. Mediocrity is pie in the sky levels of optimism in Jax.

"Snow and cold may have stopped the armies of Hitler and Napoleon, but they won't slow down the Jaguars. "
;

;
-Steve Sabol

Quote:For what I have seen so far he may be the worst FA signing by Jax of all time. I mean that to.
Yikes!

Considering some of the incredible LOSERS that have dawned a jag's uniform, that's say'n a lot! Still, it makes me wonder why Dave picked this guy; yes, I remember the rational about, 'being AP's backup means he didn't get much playing time so his (admittedly) older legs should still be fresh'... I bet Dave is rethinking that idea now....

I y'ams who I y'ams and thats all I y'ams...

Not even close to the worst signing in team history. He's basically on a one year, 3 million dollar deal. Not a big deal.
;

;

Quote:Not even close to the worst signing in team history. He's basically on a one year, 3 million dollar deal. Not a big deal.
And he will be out the door at the end of the year. Maybe sooner.

Quote:And he will be out the door at the end of the year. Maybe sooner.

And? How is it the worst of all time? Is your memory that short? Laurent Robinson? Cleo Lemon?
;

;

Porter, Florence, and that indiacrapolis clot lb, his name escapes me...are the worst signings in FA.
Your beliefs become your thoughts,
Your thoughts become your words,
Your words become your actions,
Your actions become your habits,
Your habits become your values,
Your values become your destiny.

In all honesty, I forgot all about Cleo Lemon myself.  Maybe it was like the brain's self defense mechanism which shuts out traumatic events.  Wow, thanks for the reminder, guys.   :thanks:   :verymad:

Quote:We had a CB that couldn't outplay a FB on a comeback route for the ball. Every play is a mismatch outside every game against any opponent. This is the talent level of this team. No scheme can make that abomination we put on the field win a game. Its a miracle we weren't blown out by 40 again.

Also, because it should be mentioned in every post on this board until he is gone, Gerhart seriously sucks. He, and whoever starts him, and whoever calls plays that go to him, should be removed from the team immediately. Honestly I'm starting to have second thoughts about Bortles because he doesn't simply ignore the play calls that go to Gerhart and wing it.

People I would start at RB over Gerhart in no particular order-

Robinson

Johnson

Todman

Alan Ball

Blake Bortles

Chad Henne

Hurns

Cyprien

Reynolds

Branch

Lee

Mike Brown

Marks

Sanders

Scobee

Thomas

Watson

taufoou

Hayes

Harbor

Henry Josey

Chris Smith

Marcedes(while still on IR)

an empty uniform

some leaves

a bucket of water

thin air

fat air

a blade of grass

I'm running out of time but you get the idea, we have plenty of options.

So, why don't you tell everyone how you really feel?

When (not if) Toby Gerhart breaks out and starts killin it...........I hope each and every uninformed naysayer out there has the kahunas to man up and admit they were seriously wrong about this kid when he does start killin it and breaking for lots of yardage. ITS GONNA HAPPEN!  When that day does come He's not the kind of guy to thank those same naysayers with a friendly hand gesture using his middle finger......simply because he's not that kind of guy......but who could blame him for at least thinking about it?

Quote:Porter, Florence, and that indiacrapolis clot lb, his name escapes me...are the worst signings in FA.

They were bad.

Add Hugh Douglas, J.J. Stokes, and Bryce Paup.

"Why should I give information to you when all you want to do is find something wrong with it?"

(This post was last modified: 10-10-2014, 08:34 AM by Raven09s.)

Quote:Not sure about that yet:

Jerry Porter

Hugh Douglas

Bryce Paup

Torry Holt

I wouldn't count Torry on that list.  He actually had like 50 receptions and over 700 yards for a guy in his 11th year.  Not too shabby actually all things considered.  Started 12 out of 15 games that year too.

Source - http://www.nfl.com/player/torryholt/2501229/profile

Aaron Ross should be added to that list.  

I was wrong about Trent Baalke. 

Counting production and salary and actually being on the field, as well as just being a general scumbag, the worst absolutely was Jerry Porter.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]