Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Rex Ryan at DC next year?

Quote:Exactly. The Chargers even with all their injuries are still looking good and Rivers is the #1 QB in the league right now.

People will say anything out of their [BAD WORD REMOVED].

So the Jags get blown out last week and this board has a meltdown but the following week support bringing in a guy who got beat by the same team as bad if not worse than the Jags did the week before. I don't get it.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:So the Jags get blown out last week and this board has a meltdown but the following week support bringing in a guy who got beat by the same team as bad if not worse than the Jags did the week before. I don't get it.

We aren't proposing bringing Ryan in to be a HC. I just think DC is his natural position and what he excels most at. Some guys just aren't good HC's.

Quote:Babich is far from the greatest but Rex would only be marginally better and the circus act wouldn't be worth the marginal improvement. He's just a guy who was carried by the talent on his team. Now that talent is gone and he's no longer able to "pencil whip" the opposing offense.

You're just a troll at this point. The Jets are the 7th rated defense this year. They've been top 5-10 in defense every year under Ryan. 

He's a defensive minded coach, and it shows. He would be great as a DC here. Please stop the trolling. 

Titansequaltrash aka my mini me. Follows me around like a cute puppy dog.

Quote:He would never come be a DC in jacksonville.

And it would be awkward to have him getting paid more than Gus is getting paid.

2 Super Bowl champions would never come to play on our defensive line either....

Quote:So the Jags get blown out last week and this board has a meltdown but the following week support bringing in a guy who got beat by the same team as bad if not worse than the Jags did the week before. I don't get it.

You're clearly trolling man, I hope you haven't been trolling in all of your 8700 posts. 

Since you're so simple minded let me put it to you like this. We have a better offense than the Jets, even though it's only marginally better. Give the defense some time to rest in between drives and yes the scheme will look much better with Ryan calling it. 

Quote:You're just a troll at this point. The Jets are the 7th rated defense this year. They've been top 5-10 in defense every year under Ryan.

He's a defensive minded coach, and it shows. He would be great as a DC here. Please stop the trolling.

You should look up definition of troll. Regardless the chances of this happening are equivalent to the odds of the Jags winning the SB this year and this thread will die with the countless other "why don't we...?" threads.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

Quote:You should look up definition of troll. Regardless the chances of this happening are equivalent to the odds of the Jags winning the SB this year and this thread will die with the countless other "why don't we...?" threads.

It's funny how the only thing you acknowledged in my post was the troll comment. Of course you can't say anything about the stats that came with it.

Just stop man, nobody believes you and at this point I'm the only fool to be giving you any attention.

Rex Ryan would do nothing but help at DC for this franchise even if it would never happen.  

Quote:You should look up definition of troll. Regardless the chances of this happening are equivalent to the odds of the Jags winning the SB this year and this thread will die with the countless other "why don't we...?" threads.

Whether you like it or not, it is a legitimate topic of discussion on an 0-5 teams message board.

Quote:LOL you guys are clowns. Did you not see their offense put up only 60 yards in the first half? Name one defense that would look good with that horrid production. Give me a break. 

Seattle.

Nice job at ignoring the rest of my post, BTW.  It wasn't just about the chargers. 

Ok to be fair, Rob Ryan as DC would be a joke, so maybe that's who KNARNN thought we were talking about. 

(This post was last modified: 10-05-2014, 11:30 PM by AnyGivenSunday.)

Quote:Seattle.

Nice job at ignoring the rest of my post, BTW.  It wasn't just about the chargers. 

LOL... You're making assumptions at this point by saying that Seattles defense would be unstoppable with their offense making only 60 yards in a half. 

Come on man, your grasping of the straws is too much.  

I clearly don't need to read any other posts by you man. 

You do know that SD beat Seattle this year right? 

Quote:LOL... You're making assumptions at this point by saying that Seattles defense would be unstoppable with their offense making only 60 yards in a half. 

Come on man, your grasping of the straws is too much.  

I clearly don't need to read any other posts by you man. 
No.  You should think a bit harder. You asked which defense would look good with their offense struggling to only 60 yards in the first half vs SD. The answer is Seattle.  That defense would likely still look good with a struggling offense.  They would still  lose the game, but they wouldn't be picked apart like the Jets were today.  I'm not grasping at anything. 

I don't blame Rex for all of the Jets woes right now, but I don't see how he would fit what's happening in Jax right now. Square peg/Round hole. 

Quote:No.  You should think a bit harder. You asked which defense would look good with their offense struggling to only 60 yards in the first half vs SD. The answer is Seattle.  That defense would likely still look good with a struggling offense.  They would still probably lose the game, but they wouldn't be picked apart like the Jets were today.  I'm not grasping at anything. 

I don't blame Rex for all of the Jets woes right now, but I don't see how he would fit what's happening in Jax right now. Square peg/Round hole. 

LMAO, you're doing nothing but grasping. You're just picking a good defense and saying yeah they would look good if their offense was absolutely horrid. 

The Jets defense is good this year, at #7, and their offense is #11, which means they give the defense a spell (their defense has good talent too). 

Rex Ryan is a 3-4 guy and Gus is a 4-3 guy. I doubt that would work. 

(This post was last modified: 10-05-2014, 11:43 PM by AnyGivenSunday.)

Quote:No.  You should think a bit harder. You asked which defense would look good with their offense struggling to only 60 yards in the first half vs SD. The answer is Seattle.  That defense would likely still look good with a struggling offense.  They would still probably lose the game, but they wouldn't be picked apart like the Jets were today.  I'm not grasping at anything. 

You're right the Jets woes are not all his fault, they're looking better defensively that previously but worse offensively than with Mark Sanchez. 

Rex Ryan is great at defense. If he were just a DC he'd probably be one of the best. He's not HC material. He thrives off of defensive talent and knows how to utilize it. 

Quote:[BAD WORD REMOVED], you're doing nothing but grasping. You're just picking a good defense and saying yeah they would look good if their offense was absolutely horrid. 

The Jets defense is good this year, at #7, and their offense is #11, which means they give the defense a spell (their defense has good talent too). 
So what's your point?  You think Rex Ryan would miraculously sit down with Gus and one of them would change their scheme to suit the other and Rex would make this defense better in Jax?   I can't see that ever happening.  

SD has made pretty much every defense look bad - and the Jets have had good defenses for years - but that doesn't make him a fit here. 

(This post was last modified: 10-05-2014, 11:45 PM by knarnn.)

Quote:You're clearly trolling man, I hope you haven't been trolling in all of your 8700 posts.

Since you're so simple minded let me put it to you like this. We have a better offense than the Jets, even though it's only marginally better. Give the defense some time to rest in between drives and yes the scheme will look much better with Ryan calling it.
Oh?

Quote:[BAD WORD REMOVED], you're doing nothing but grasping. You're just picking a good defense and saying yeah they would look good if their offense was absolutely horrid.

You're contradicting yourself now. Which should I believe?

(This post was last modified: 10-05-2014, 11:50 PM by AnyGivenSunday.)

Quote:Oh?

You're contradicting yourself now. Which should I believe?

We JUST switched QB's, and the offense has looked much better with Bortles behind center. Sorry that you didn't figure this in when you were taking note of the stats. I guess I should have said that with the simpletons on this board, my bad. 

Keep coming though, I'm drinking and still enjoying the challenge you're trying to bring brother. 

Quote:We JUST switched QB's, and the offense has looked much better with Bortles behind center. Sorry that you didn't figure this in when you were taking note of the stats. I guess I should have said that with the simpletons on this board, my bad.

Keep coming though, I'm drinking and still enjoying the challenge you're trying to bring brother.

You're drunk homie and its showing.

(This post was last modified: 10-05-2014, 11:56 PM by AnyGivenSunday.)

Quote:You're drunk homie and its showing.

Simple comment from someone that's clueless and has nothing else to say. Continue making ignorant comments though at your expense brother! 

I stand by my original comment, I surely hope you weren't a troll for your entire 8700 comment history here man. You would probably be on a lot of people's ignore lists!