Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Anybody read Metro Jacksonville?

metrojacksonville.com, I go to the site on occasion and I think they do a good job of showcasing the positives that Jacksonville has to offer.

But I have noticed recently they seem to be taking a pretty strong anti-Jaguar, anti-Shad Khan stance. Anybody else notice this. It seems to be reading alot like Folio Weekly. I wonder if they share some of the same editorial staff.

;

;

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I haven't really read Metro Jacksonville.

Why the anti-Jaguar, anti-Khan stance?

Is it because of the financial cost to the city or the fact that they are a pretty awful team right now?

I survived the Gus Bradley Error.

I go there from time to time. Reads a lot like the TU boards if you ask me...

[Image: Jason-The-Good-Place-Jaguars.png?w=472]

Quote:I haven't really read Metro Jacksonville.

Why the anti-Jaguar, anti-Khan stance?

Is it because of the financial cost to the city or the fact that they are a pretty awful team right now?

http://www.metrojacksonville.com/forum/i...ic=22710.0

;

;

Metrojax is filled with "intellectuals" that think they know more and know better than everyone else...and love to tell you about it. I read it, but I know which posters to ignore at just about all costs.
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

I go there alot. The Jags hate is all related to money given by the city for anything Jag related. They are the ultimate liberal no money to rich people gang. They are only happy if all money goes to trains and streetcars. Some smart good people there but way too many bleeding heart know it alls.

(This post was last modified: 10-04-2014, 08:20 AM by Bon Jagley.)

Yes. They love streetcars.
;

;

Quote:I go there from time to time. Reads a lot like the TU boards if you ask me...

This.  I appreciate their desires to regentrify the core of old Jacksonville.  The condescension aimed at any person, tact, or idea, that isn't aligned with theirs is a tad obnoxious, though.   

Quote:Yes. They love streetcars.

And think they are the answer to every problem in the city!

Quote:And think they are the answer to every problem in the city!

Anyway these streetcars can help the Jags win a game or 2, since winning has been a problem with them?

Quote:Anyway these streetcars can help the Jags win a game or 2, since winning has been a problem with them?

By running over the opposing team maybe?

Quote:Metrojax is filled with "intellectuals" that think they know more and know better than everyone else...and love to tell you about it. I read it, but I know which posters to ignore at just about all costs.

Like the intellectual that said "...ignorant enough to waist their money..."?

If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]

Quote:Like the intellectual that said "...ignorant enough to waist their money..."?

lol, yeah, I saw that too.

It kind of tells you something about those who comment there, doesn't it?

Quote:Like the intellectual that said "...ignorant enough to waist their money..."?
I don't like waisting my money. I prefer to wear my cash around my shoulders like a bandolier. 

Quote:metrojacksonville.com, I go to the site on occasion and I think they do a good job of showcasing the positives that Jacksonville has to offer.

But I have noticed recently they seem to be taking a pretty strong anti-Jaguar, anti-Shad Khan stance. Anybody else notice this. It seems to be reading alot like Folio Weekly. I wonder if they share some of the same editorial staff.

They've always taken a negative view of the team. Same as the Folio rag.
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]