Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Keys to beating the Steelers

Quote:It only helps if we can take advantage of the turnovers, so I want to see a pick six.

But one thing I have noticed over the years is more often than not, the winner of the turnover battle wins the game.
I eat turnovers all the time but I never win the weight battle.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I think the most important thing is third downs for both the offense and defense. That is how we lost all four games - not stopping teams on third down and not converting third down. Now that we have our best player on the field, we can get much better at the offensive third downs. But this is his first start at home, so it remains to be seen how often we can keep Bryan Anger off the field.

The second thing is stop the interceptions. Two interceptions in a game are too many against anybody. One interception is too much against the Steelers unless it is a Hail Mary. Fumbles are bad too because they give the Steelers good field position.

Offense needs to play like they did in the first half of the SD game.  Convert on 3rd downs and sustain some drives.

Defense needs to not allow the big plays.  Play "bend but don't break" and make Pittsburgh settle for some field goals. 

The less possesions we give the steelers, the better chance we have to win the game.

Catch the steelers napping with a couple of wrinkles they haven't seen before.

As long as we don't lose the turnover battle, I think we're in OK shape.

If we do all of the above things, I think we have a shot at winning.  This certainly doesn't guarantee a win.

One of these years.............