Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Marrone new HC

Quote:So we hired the guy we could've had as our coach halfway during last season.

My first thought as well...

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Nobody wanted this job......nobody 

Quote:Now we can continue to be the laughing stock of the national media and social media for this non-sexy hire.
Not necessarily.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

I will say the tone of the team changed when he took the helm

(This post was last modified: 01-09-2017, 04:58 PM by D0hv.)

Lol [BAD WORD REMOVED] franchise can't do anything right. You have Tom Coughlin, Mike Smith, and Kyle Shanahan in your grasps, but no let's go with the mediocre o line coach who was part of this losing culture already. Now let's see how Dave will mess up the draft.

-Pre-Med student

-Future Physician, hoping to specialize in Emergency Medicine or Hematology

-Jags fan since May 24, 1996

This guy coaches with greed and expectation. I expect good things from Marrone. I will say my excitement will go up quite a bit depending on how many support staff he replaces. Outside of Sullivan, We can upgrade every spot.

Can't wait to see whats next. 

Good luck energizing the fanbase

Quote:Nobody wanted this job......nobody
That's blatantly obvious now.

Jesus.

This organization is so dysfunctional. They could have given him the helm after the TNF game to see what he had. Instead we have his Buffalo history and a 2 game sample.

I dunno...

(This post was last modified: 01-09-2017, 04:58 PM by Solid Snake.)

Reeks of good ole boys club. 

Quote:Lol [BAD WORD REMOVED] franchise can't do anything right. You have Tom Coughlin, Mike Smith, and Kyle Shanahan in your grasps, but no let's go with the mediocre o line coach who was part of this losing culture already.
nobody wanted the job. 

(This post was last modified: 01-09-2017, 04:58 PM by BklynJag.)

Worst franchise in sports. Dave and Khan are clowns.

And some of yall got mad at the idea of Mike Smith

ugh

<B><FONT color=cyan>Jags this is your year</FONT></B>

What this really tells me is that the Jags FO does not believe that they are that far away from being successful

(This post was last modified: 01-09-2017, 04:59 PM by J-Mizzal.)

LOL and this is the first HC to get hired, its one thing if the other guys turned us down, but we picked this dude LOL what a joke

<B><FONT color=cyan>Jags this is your year</FONT></B>

this screams arrogance on Dave's part.

He's too proud to "blow it all up"

<FONT face="Comic Sans MS" size=3><B><FONT face=Verdana color=#ff6600 size=4></FONT></B></FONT>

It's going to be a lot harder to change this culture when some of the staff stays here.

This whole thing was handled so poorly.

Quote: Sad      …   more mediocrity

didn't realize 14 wins and 48 losses under Gus was mediocre

(This post was last modified: 01-09-2017, 05:01 PM by JackCity.)