Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
justin blackmon

Quote:It is considered indefinite because reinstatement is dependent on the player complying with the stage three requirements of the NFL drug policy.

The player must continue to take and pass random drug tests, avoid committing drug related offenses, and adhere to any treatment programs that the NFL medical adviser deems necessary. He is required to present proof of these actions for 1 continuous year prior to his reinstatement in his application to the commissioner.

Failure to do so will extend the suspension time so it is indefinite based on the players actions.
Bingo.  From all reports, Blackmon is doing what is necessary to comply with the requirements of his suspension.  It took him almost a year to do so, but the fact that he's in rehab now and working to get himself back on track is important.

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Reinstatement procedure if any one is interested:

APPENDIX B

Procedures for Making Application for Reinstatement

by a Player Banned Under Stage Three

of the Intervention Program

Any player who has been suspended under Stage Three may apply formally in writing for

reinstatement no sooner than 60 days before the one-year anniversary date of the letter so

suspending him.

The application should include all pertinent information about the player’s

(a) Treatment;

(b Abstinence from substances of abuse throughout the entire period of his

suspension;

© Involvement with any substances of abuse related incidents; and

(d) Arrests and/or convictions for any criminal activity, including substances of abuse

related offenses.

Set forth below are the procedures to be used when an application is received by the

Commissioner.

1. Within 45 days of receipt of the application, the player will be interviewed by the

Medical Director and the Medical Advisor after which a recommendation will be

made to the Commissioner with regard to the player’s request for reinstatement.

2. The player will execute appropriate medical release forms that will enable the

Commissioner’s staff and NFLPA Executive Director’s staff to review the

player’s substance abuse history, including but not limited to attendance at

counseling sessions (individual, group and family); attendance at 12-step and

other self-help group meetings; periodic progress reports; and all diagnostic

findings and treatment recommendations.

3. The player will submit to urine Testing by an NFL representative at a frequency

determined by the Medical Advisor.

4. The player will agree in a meeting with the Commissioner or his representative(s)

to comply with the conditions imposed by the Commissioner for his reinstatement

to the status of an active player.

5. All individuals involved in the process will take steps to enable the Commissioner

to render a decision within 60 days of the receipt of the application.

Obviously criteria (d) doesn't bode well for Blackmon, having been arrested in July. 

I think the best case scenario is being reinstated in time for the 2015 season. 

Quote:Reinstatement procedure if any one is interested:

APPENDIX B

Procedures for Making Application for Reinstatement

by a Player Banned Under Stage Three

of the Intervention Program

Any player who has been suspended under Stage Three may apply formally in writing for

reinstatement no sooner than 60 days before the one-year anniversary date of the letter so

suspending him.

(a) Treatment;

suspension;

(d) Arrests and/or convictions for any criminal activity, including substances of abuse

related offenses.

Set forth below are the procedures to be used when an application is received by the

Commissioner.

1. Within 45 days of receipt of the application, the player will be interviewed by the

Medical Director and the Medical Advisor after which a recommendation will be

made to the Commissioner with regard to the player’s request for reinstatement.

2. The player will execute appropriate medical release forms that will enable the

Commissioner’s staff and NFLPA Executive Director’s staff to review the

player’s substance abuse history, including but not limited to attendance at

counseling sessions (individual, group and family); attendance at 12-step and

other self-help group meetings; periodic progress reports; and all diagnostic

findings and treatment recommendations.

3. The player will submit to urine Testing by an NFL representative at a frequency

4. The player will agree in a meeting with the Commissioner or his representative(s)

to comply with the conditions imposed by the Commissioner for his reinstatement

to the status of an active player.

5. All individuals involved in the process will take steps to enable the Commissioner

to render a decision within 60 days of the receipt of the application.
Those may be a problem.

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

Blackmon and Bortles... please god let this happen

Quote:Obviously criteria (d) doesn't bode well for Blackmon, having been arrested in July. 

I think the best case scenario is being reinstated in time for the 2015 season. 
I was thinking the same thing too. We don't know about the other criteria but we know for a fact about him failing (d).

The only thing we can hope for is maybe some leniency in the revised policy. I haven't been able to see a copy of that one yet.

This will be the biggest hurdle.

I ain't no monkey... I'm an ape. Banana

Quote:3. The player will submit to urine Testing by an NFL representative at a frequency

This will be the biggest hurdle.
He will have to do this for the remainder of his NFL career.

I held my breath once, I won't do it again.

But it would be great if he did come back.

THERE IS A SKELETON INSIDE OF YOU.

RIGHT NOW. THIS IS NOT A JOKE.

I know it's been discussed briefly around here but in my opinion marijuana use should be permitted in the rules since it's legal in two states which have NFL teams therefore it holds the same status as a bottle of beer.

Regards.....................the Chiefjag

Quote:I know it's been discussed briefly around here but in my opinion marijuana use should be permitted in the rules since it's legal in two states which have NFL teams therefore it holds the same status as a bottle of beer.

It's still against league rules for those teams. Drinking is legal in all 50 states. Yet that's part of the program too.

State law and League rules are not synonymous.

What lies behind us, and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

Quote:He will have to do this for the remainder of his NFL career.

Pretty sure the new rules allow a player to get out of this requirement at some point. 2 years or something like that.

I really really hope he does get his life back together. I also of course would love to see him back in a Jags jersey.

Yeah, yeah, yeah. I know it's still against the rules but I said "In My Opinion". And it's not against the rules for a ball player to have beer at his house, or club, or baseball game. It's only after he's committed an alcohol related crime, which smoking a joint in two states is not a crime.

So, if it's legal to drink beer, and it's permitted in the rules of the league to drink beer, then it should be within the rules to smoke weed in those states too. "in my opinion"

Regards....................the Chiefjag

Quote:Yeah, yeah, yeah. I know it's still against the rules but I said "In My Opinion". And it's not against the rules for a ball player to have beer at his house, or club, or baseball game. It's only after he's committed an alcohol related crime, which smoking a joint in two states is not a crime.

So, if it's legal to drink beer, and it's permitted in the rules of the league to drink beer, then it should be within the rules to smoke weed in those states too. "in my opinion"

Regards....................the Chiefjag

You smokem peace pipe?

Ewwww that was racist.. How bout them Redskins?
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

Quote:I know it's been discussed briefly around here but in my opinion marijuana use should be permitted in the rules since it's legal in two states which have NFL teams therefore it holds the same status as a bottle of beer.

Even if it was the substance abuse policy wouldn't let players like Blackmon use it. Alcohol is allowed until the player is put in the substance abuse problem then even drinking alcohol is prohibited. I didn't know that until someone posted an article on here that went into detail about the program. It was a former player I think it was Chris Carter talking about how once they're in the substance abuse program even legal stuff like Alcohol is prohibited and they're tested for it. In the program have a beer at a birthday party it's a violation. I think if that is true it's a bit excessive, I'd have a problem with not being allowed to never drink a beer. 

[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

Quote: 

suspension;

related offenses.

I think the very best he can hope for is a resetting of the one year time clock from the date of the marijuana arrest, though I doubt he gets off that easy.  Either way, I can't imagine anything happening until the criminal charge is resolved.

When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

The NFL's substance abuse program is over the top. If a player gets a DUI then he's not permitted to drink a beer at another player's backyard barbeque? The offensive line goes out for dinner after a game and everyone is having steak and lobster with cocktails but the player with a DUI has to drink soda even though they are taking the team bus back to the airport? It's unreasonable.

Regards...................the Chiefjag

Quote:Pretty sure the new rules allow a player to get out of this requirement at some point. 2 years or something like that.
Maybe so. Under the old rules only stage 1 and 2 had that.

Quote:The NFL's substance abuse program is over the top. If a player gets a DUI then he's not permitted to drink a beer at another player's backyard barbeque? The offensive line goes out for dinner after a game and everyone is having steak and lobster with cocktails but the player with a DUI has to drink soda even though they are taking the team bus back to the airport? It's unreasonable.

Regards...................the Chiefjag
Why is it unreasonable?  If a player wants to drink, he simply needs to avoid getting a DUI in the first place.  It's really not all that complicated.

When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

That can't drink beer no more while playing in the NFL is crazy as hell. I know it's their league but to ban someone of doing something legal is too much of a dictatorship. Nobody ever heard of him failing a drug test after being suspended so at least he's holding up doing that 100x's a month. Crazy program man; Fidel Goodell is a funny dude.