Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
justin blackmon

Quote:Those guys are the reason I mainly stay in the sideline section or make unfunny comments.
Any time I ask something serious it always bites me in the rear.

Lucky.. I have to pay for such things. 

[Image: SaKG4.gif]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:All of 2012 and 4 of 2013 would be 20 games.

LOL.  I knew I shouldn't have switched to decaf.  I took off the preseason twice.  20 total (and I thought there was a game in 2012 where he saw very limited time; did he get hurt early in a game and sit out the rest?)

When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

Quote:Maybe he's the next cheech?
cheech and chong are the steelers running backs

Quote:Any time I ask something serious it always bites me in the rear.
That's better than being bitten in the front.

Quote:That's better than being bitten in the front.

No doubt!

Quote:The NFL's substance abuse program is over the top. If a player gets a DUI then he's not permitted to drink a beer at another player's backyard barbeque? The offensive line goes out for dinner after a game and everyone is having steak and lobster with cocktails but the player with a DUI has to drink soda even though they are taking the team bus back to the airport? It's unreasonable.

Regards...................the Chiefjag
If these people were able to drink alcohol in a responsible manner, they wouldn't be in that situation to begin with.

People who get into trouble with alcohol and drugs in the real world can also get put in rehabilitation programs by their employer that require random pee tests and abstaining from alcohol as a requirement for continued employment. It's the way a lot of companies in the corporate world work.

People who work for these companies and the NFL are perfectly free to find employment elsewhere if they think it is unreasonable. Having a drug or alcohol problem is not a protected right for employment.

Quote:If these people were able to drink alcohol in a responsible manner, they wouldn't be in that situation to begin with.

People who get into trouble with alcohol and drugs in the real world can also get put in rehabilitation programs by their employer that require random pee tests and abstaining from alcohol as a requirement for continued employment. It's the way a lot of companies in the corporate world work.

People who work for these companies and the NFL are perfectly free to find employment elsewhere if they think it is unreasonable. Having a drug or alcohol problem is not a protected right for employment.

Or they have the right to collectively bargain to get the rules in line with reality and society, or maybe even situationally dependent.

A guy who gets popped for a joint this year shouldn't necessarily be suspended for drinking a beer 2 years later.

However, if you are Matt Jones violating probation, maybe it should.

Quote:Thanks. I thought it was less.

The reason I ask was this:

In his limited play, he has played well to say the least. Every one says how great he is and will be for the team. I'm not going to argue that he wouldn't benefit the team by any means. But some are talking like he is the next jerry rice. My question is with his total of 1 years worth of play how are people talking like that? How do they know he would be that much of an impact if he can be reinstated next year?

The same reason a team have Cris Carter another shot, our why Green Bay traded for an unknown Mississippi QB, or why Jacksonville gave a shot to a guy with injury issues that turned into one of the best receivers in the league.

None of these teams knew what these guys were going to be, but they saw something.

We see something in Blackmon and it is exciting.
Signature goes here.

(This post was last modified: 10-03-2014, 07:41 AM by Predator.)

Quote:Or they have the right to collectively bargain to get the rules in line with reality and society, or maybe even situationally dependent.

A guy who gets popped for a joint this year shouldn't necessarily be suspended for drinking a beer 2 years later.

However, if you are Matt Jones violating probation, maybe it should.
That's just the way intervention and drug treatment programs work.

If a person has a problem with substance abuse, they don't want to leave the door open for that person to just switch substances. They want to force them to deal with the underlining issue not self medicate themselves with another substance.

If you don't want to lose your ability to use substances in moderation and keep your job, don't get caught abusing substances. That or find yourself an employer that is okay with substance abuse. It's a free world and those jobs are out there.

Quote:If these people were able to drink alcohol in a responsible manner, they wouldn't be in that situation to begin with.

The intent of alcohol is to get inebriated, not be responsible! 

(This post was last modified: 10-03-2014, 08:25 AM by wrong_box.)

Quote:That's just the way intervention and drug treatment programs work.

If a person has a problem with substance abuse, they don't want to leave the door open for that person to just switch substances. They want to force them to deal with the underlining issue not self medicate themselves with another substance.

If you don't want to lose your ability to use substances in moderation and keep your job, don't get caught abusing substances. That or find yourself an employer that is okay with substance abuse. It's a free world and those jobs are out there.
What is considered abuse? Suppose a guy went out for the first time in a year drank 3 beers and got popped for dui...Is that abuse? Or a guy got hit with smoking a joint 2 years ago and then went to a bachelor party, drank a few drinks and got hit with a dui..Is that abuse? I can see when getting popped for dui or a drug charge is something that happens within a short span of time, but there is a HUGE difference between use and abuse...In a perfect world everyone would be responsible and do the designated driver thing, but the legal limit is so low it doesn't take much drinking to be over the legal limit....So who defines when someone abuses alcohol/drugs or who uses them responsibly...Granted illegal drugs is really not open to responsible use, but the point remains the same...What is the difference between use and abuse and who makes that determination?

I supposes getting popped for dui wouldn't be considered using alcohol responsibly, but still...when does it cross the line from use to abuse, and who makes that determination?

Quote:The intent of alcohol is to get inebriated, not be responsible! 
If you truly believe this, seek professional help.  If not for yourself, do it for the sake of the boy in the picture, who I assume is important to you.

Quote:What is considered abuse? Suppose a guy went out for the first time in a year drank 3 beers and got popped for dui...Is that abuse? Or a guy got hit with smoking a joint 2 years ago and then went to a bachelor party, drank a few drinks and got hit with a dui..Is that abuse? I can see when getting popped for dui or a drug charge is something that happens within a short span of time, but there is a HUGE difference between use and abuse...In a perfect world everyone would be responsible and do the designated driver thing, but the legal limit is so low it doesn't take much drinking to be over the legal limit....So who defines when someone abuses alcohol/drugs or who uses them responsibly...Granted illegal drugs is really not open to responsible use, but the point remains the same...What is the difference between use and abuse and who makes that determination?

I supposes getting popped for dui wouldn't be considered using alcohol responsibly, but still...when does it cross the line from use to abuse, and who makes that determination?
Your employer has the right to determine the difference between use and abuse. People agree with a code of conduct when they accept a job for a company. If they don't like the code of conduct, then they are free to seek employment somewhere else.

People and companies have a right to expect certain codes of conduct because an employee is a representative of who they work for not only in a perception sense but companies can be legally accountable for the actions of their employees.

If a companies code of conduct is considered too restrictive or not representative of society as a whole, then they risk losing top employment talent to their competitors and can find themselves in a serious disadvantage in a competitive business world.

But that's an employers choice. It is their company, it's their capital that they are putting at risk, it's their assets they are putting in the hands of employees. Some companies feel that a wholesome family oriented reputation and workforce that reflects that is more valuable to their bottom line than losing out on top talent.

As long as an employer doesn't discriminate based on race, sex, religion, national origin, physical disability or age they are free to hire based on whatever criteria they want and in some states like FL, free to fire based on whatever criteria they want.

Let's not forget, it's a free country for businesses too.

I hear you, but if my inebriation runs me a foul of laws that are well known ahead of time or company policy that Iwas informed of prior to my employment, then I would have no one to blame but myself for whatever consequences that they incur.

These guys make enough money hire a limo service don't drink and drive.

Save yourself from the lasting effects of your decisions and get popped for a DUI. It doesn't matter if you had 3 beer in a year the fact is you decided not to get a safe ride home.

Being responsible isn't a option, these guys arn't just athletes they are also role models who bring a name to our kids, little cousins and nephews to grow up and wish they could someday be like them.

Everyone says they have there right to do as they want. They are no different then movie stars and music artists. They well known and will get all the negative in the news not always the positives.
Jags 4 Life

Ryan O'Halloran doesn't sound too optimistic on 1010xl.

Quote:To me he kinda resembles more of a Chong type.. But good analysis..
"Am I driving ok maaan?"

Quote:Ryan O'Halloran doesn't sound too optimistic on 1010xl.

Based on his history, there's no reason to be overly optimistic.

But his seeking help on his own accord, and actually getting help is a huge first step.

By no means does that mean he's in the clear, but it is a significant milestone.  Where it leads has yet to be determined.

"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

Quote:Based on his history, there's no reason to be overly optimistic.

But his seeking help on his own accord, and actually getting help is a huge first step.

By no means does that mean he's in the clear, but it is a significant milestone. Where it leads has yet to be determined.

Ryan seems to think even if JB does get his act together that the Jags wouldn't want to hold on to him because they wouldn't be able to count on him.

Justin?  What are you doing in Indiana, i thought you said you were halfway through your program!!!