Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
justin blackmon

Quote:Justin?  What are you doing in Indiana, i thought you said you were halfway through your program!!!

He's in the middle of a corn field right now with a packet of fast active yeast and a mason jar.. 

[Image: SaKG4.gif]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Ryan seems to think even if JB does get his act together that the Jags wouldn't want to hold on to him because they wouldn't be able to count on him.

What I don't understand with that is what would stop them from doing it now if that was the case.

;

;

Quote:Ryan seems to think even if JB does get his act together that the Jags wouldn't want to hold on to him because they wouldn't be able to count on him.
If this was true he would have been released a while ago. Im not sure Ryan has ever written a positive story on the Jags, i try to avoid reading or listening to him.

Quote:If this was true he would have been released a while ago. Im not sure Ryan has ever written a positive story on the Jags, i try to avoid reading or listening to him.

I completely agree.

Is there any word yet on if he is going to seek reinstatement this year? I think he would be a huge addition for Bortles and the offense, especially if Shorts is going to be out for an extended period of time.

Quote:Is there any word yet on if he is going to seek reinstatement this year? I think he would be a huge addition for Bortles and the offense, especially if Shorts is going to be out for an extended period of time.

Even if he does he's going to have a hard time getting it approved due to his recent arrest as outlined earlier in this thread.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

Quote:Is there any word yet on if he is going to seek reinstatement this year? I think he would be a huge addition for Bortles and the offense, especially if Shorts is going to be out for an extended period of time.
i honestly dont see him gettin a whole bunch of playing time even if he is reinstated 11/1 which is when i saw he would be eligible(which i dont think will happen anyway.)... i see him maybe getting reinstated in the off season if all goes well... plus he has been away from the team for a full year(not just a season) and i would assume he has missed too much to be able to come in and make an instant impact... still stoked to finally see he is making some positive steps and am pulling for the kid to get his life together.

Quote:Your employer has the right to determine the difference between use and abuse. People agree with a code of conduct when they accept a job for a company. If they don't like the code of conduct, then they are free to seek employment somewhere else.

People and companies have a right to expect certain codes of conduct because an employee is a representative of who they work for not only in a perception sense but companies can be legally accountable for the actions of their employees.

If a companies code of conduct is considered too restrictive or not representative of society as a whole, then they risk losing top employment talent to their competitors and can find themselves in a serious disadvantage in a competitive business world.

But that's an employers choice. It is their company, it's their capital that they are putting at risk, it's their assets they are putting in the hands of employees. Some companies feel that a wholesome family oriented reputation and workforce that reflects that is more valuable to their bottom line than losing out on top talent.

As long as an employer doesn't discriminate based on race, sex, religion, national origin, physical disability or age they are free to hire based on whatever criteria they want and in some states like FL, free to fire based on whatever criteria they want.

Let's not forget, it's a free country for businesses too.
that is assuming you are at work when you are under the influence, or driving a company vehicle, on company grounds etc...Your employer most defiantly has a say in that aspect, but if on your own time, in your own vehicle, on your own property,who makes the determination between use and abuse and who gave them that authority? People might not agree with the  assertion that one is abusing alcohol while some may think if you have abeer more than 3 times per week you are abusing it

Quote:that is assuming you are at work when you are under the influence, or driving a company vehicle, on company grounds etc...Your employer most defiantly has a say in that aspect, but if on your own time, in your own vehicle, on your own property,who makes the determination between use and abuse and who gave them that authority? People might not agree with the  assertion that one is abusing alcohol while some may think if you have abeer more than 3 times per week you are abusing it
They get the authority from the person agreeing with the terms of employment.

If you don't like the terms of employment, then don't work there.

It's a contract. Either you are willing to agree to it or you aren't. No one is forcing people to work for a company that forbids drug or alcohol use.

Quote:If this was true he would have been released a while ago. Im not sure Ryan has ever written a positive story on the Jags, i try to avoid reading or listening to him.

Agree on the Ryan slant, talk about negative. Not to mention I am sure his lil feelings are hurt because Bradley gave the scoop to Mark Young instead of him.

Bump -- because who just can't get enough of the Blackmon talk 2 days prior to playing the Steelers.

Same here. He's a Vikings homer. It's pretty clear he doesn't care for the Jags. I really miss Tania
10 years ago we had Bob Hope, Johnny Cash, and Steve Jobs..... Please don't die, Kevin Bacon.

Quote:Same here. He's a Vikings homer. It's pretty clear he doesn't care for the Jags. I really miss Tania
He's better than DiRocco.  DiRocco called for Blackmon to be cut after his second violation and went on some pathetic little moral rant. 

Quote:They get the authority from the person agreeing with the terms of employment.

If you don't like the terms of employment, then don't work there.

It's a contract. Either you are willing to agree to it or you aren't. No one is forcing people to work for a company that forbids drug or alcohol use.

Exactly. 

I manage a team of employees who all must agree to sign a pretty comprehensive non-compete/disclose form at hiring.  There is another disclosure contract that must be signed as well that forbids social media posts/representing the company/operations disclosure.

We are not the CIA or anything, but our interests must be protected.

in August of 2012 Blackmon signed a 4 year contract. Since he played only 4 games of year two, do the Jags still own his rights for 2 seasons + 12 games ? Regardless of when/if he is reinstated?

Therein lies the true meaning of the substance abuse program: company image!

If a player gets hammered at home the league cares not. If the player gets hammered at a club and quietly takes a cab home the league cares not. But if the player gets hammered and it shows up on the front page of the newspaper, then the league cares and puts him in the program. He's in the program not for the sake of the player, but for the sake of the image of the company.

The company then covers it's own behind by testing the player to insure he doesn't tarnish the image of the company again by partaking in a legal substance in his own home. Additionally, he could be on a family vacation in Italy during the off season and the company calls for a test and he must comply or he's failed a second test.

Regards......................the Chiefjag

Quote:Therein lies the true meaning of the substance abuse program: company image!

If a player gets hammered at home the league cares not. If the player gets hammered at a club and quietly takes a cab home the league cares not. But if the player gets hammered and it shows up on the front page of the newspaper, then the league cares and puts him in the program. He's in the program not for the sake of the player, but for the sake of the image of the company.

The company then covers it's own behind by testing the player to insure he doesn't tarnish the image of the company again by partaking in a legal substance in his own home. Additionally, he could be on a family vacation in Italy during the off season and the company calls for a test and he must comply or he's failed a second test.

Regards......................the Chiefjag
Oh the things people must endure to get paid millions.

It's a travesty.

Will we really keep 6 wrs if he returns.

Quote:Will we really keep 6 wrs if he returns.

That's a 6-pack
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

Quote:What I don't understand with that is what would stop them from doing it now if that was the case.
Because there is zero benefit to doing it now.  He's not costing the team any money or occupying a roster spot.  Why cut a player who may have potential value?  Even if Dave and Gus have decided he'll never play another down for this team, if he completes rehab and gets reinstated, he'll still be worth something.

When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.