Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
I might have to eat some crow. The coaches may not be the problem.

Quote:To be honest Brady hasn't been playing well the past 2-3 years. He still has the clutch factor and enough savvy to win but it may be closing out for him. The roster is bad and he isn't himself anymore. Brady is my favorite player ever so this is very hard for me to watch.

Agreed. My favorite QB as well.
[Image: 160572067683e562faff2fbedb33413b.gif]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Eww why would Brady be your favorite? I can't stand him.  He's a crybaby when he loses.  "We're only going to score 17 points?!"  I'm enjoying seeing him fall, and hope Darth Hoodie misses the playoffs this year.  

I was wrong about Trent Baalke. 

Quote:Eww why would Brady be your favorite? I can't stand him. He's a crybaby when he loses. "We're only going to score 17 points?!" I'm enjoying seeing him fall, and hope Darth Hoodie misses the playoffs this year.

It more of his clutch factor and what he over came. He didn't care that he wasn't supposed to be a star. He said screw that I'll take what I want. I know he cries and stuff but the dude is an ultimate competitor.

Quote:The patriots are showing that you can have a hall of fame Coach and a hall of fame QB and still struggle.

Look at these numbers:

http://www.nfl.com/teams/profile?team=NE

What does this say about Caldwell?  After 2 offseasons with great draft picks and tons of cap space this team is just trash.  After 2 seasons of this, who is the fall guy?

I know you will always have some fans that will defend the personal to the death but the level of play for this team is unacceptable.

Of course it's not the coaches; the Jaguars don't have too many players that can win their one on one individual battle’s, especially on defense. I'm not sure how anyone can blame David Caldwell either, this roster (when he took over) was arguably one of the least talented rosters in the history of the NFL, saddled with bad contracts, I believe we were 6th in the NFL in payroll dollars allocated to players. A complete purge was necessary; this is what a complete purge looks like.

Everyone likes to compare the Jaguars rebuild to teams like the Chiefs, the Chiefs have elite talent (Dontari Poe, Eric Berry, Derrick Johnson, Justin Huston, Tamba Hali etc..) on the defensive side of the ball, they had players you can build around. When David took over the only player on the Jaguars roster that I'd consider a solid building block was Justin Blackmon, we all know how that story turned out. The Jaguars were so void of talent; it will take years to rebuild this roster.

Quote:Of course it's not the coaches; the Jaguars don't have too many players that can win their one on one individual battle’s, especially on defense. I'm not sure how anyone can blame David Caldwell either, this roster (when he took over) was arguably one of the least talented rosters in the history of the NFL, saddled with bad contracts, I believe we were 6th in the NFL in payroll dollars allocated to players. A complete purge was necessary; this is what a complete purge looks like.

This gets overlooked a lot. Thanks for bringing it up.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

Quote:Everyone likes to compare the Jaguars rebuild to teams like the Chiefs, the Chiefs have elite talent (Dontari Poe, Eric Berry, Derrick Johnson, Justin Huston, Tamba Hali etc..) on the defensive side of the ball, they had players you can build around. When David took over the only player on the Jaguars roster that I'd consider a solid building block was Justin Blackmon, we all know how that story turned out. The Jaguars were so void of talent; it will take years to rebuild this roster.

It blows my mind at how people can't comprehend what you just said. Gus was supposed to make defense that featured Dawan Landry, Derek Cox and CJ Mosley lol. Offensive Gabbert was gonna throw to Laurent Robinson protected by Uche, Rackley and Whimper.

(This post was last modified: 09-30-2014, 11:19 AM by Etdavis2006.)

Double post

Quote:It blows my mind at how people can't comprehend what you just said. Gus was supposed to make defense that featured Dawan Landry, Derek Cox and CJ Mosley lol. Offensive Gabbert was gonna throw to Laurent Robinson protected by Uche, Rackley and Whimper.

Just thinking about those players makes me sick, I can't recall the last time an NFL team did what the Jaguars are doing, it's not like they had any other choice, the state of the roster was putrid. The only professional teams I can think of are the Houston Astros and the Chicago Cubs, both completely gutted their rosters and started from scratch, the Jags are doing the same thing. If they hit on this QB it expedites the process, but it will take some time.

Pats O line is not very good.

Brady isn't the SB winning Brady anymore. (Not to mention, they had a pretty good D back then, didn't need to drop 40 to win)

I feel better about the Jaguars future than I do about the Patriots.

No homer.

Quote:Brady is not Brady anymore and Belichick as been worse and worse at acquiring players.

Who is Brady now?
<a target="_blank" href="http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v107/chuckd132132/p1_manning_all_200.jpg" target="_blank">VIEW IMAGE</a>

(This post was last modified: 09-30-2014, 01:29 PM by wrong_box.)

"After 2 seasons of this, who is the fall guy?"

It's always going to Be Gene Smith until 5 years of Caldwell drafts

Quote:The patriots are showing that you can have a hall of fame Coach and a hall of fame QB and still struggle.

Look at these numbers:

http://www.nfl.com/teams/profile?team=NE

What does this say about Caldwell?  After 2 offseasons with great draft picks and tons of cap space this team is just trash.  After 2 seasons of this, who is the fall guy?

I know you will always have some fans that will defend the personal to the death but the level of play for this team is unacceptable.

Belichick is only as good as Brady and Brady's supporting cast isn't that great right now.  Jimmies and Joes not Xs and Os.

And similarly, LeSean McCoy is showing that even a great RB can struggle behind a weakened Offensive line.

Or at least that's how I'm seeing it.

As difficult as the current situation with the Jaguars is,   I think next season will provide a much better barometer on the job performance of the current regime.   At that time,  Blake Bortles will have his rookie season ( plus a full off-season and an additional training camp ) under his belt,  the other young players on the team would have gained valuable experience,    an additional FA crop will be added with the Jaguars having an excellent salary cap situation,  and another draft class will be in the team's fold.    If the Jaguars are struggling next year at this time,   it would be hard to blame any of the team's fans to have substantial concerns about the G.M.  and/ or Head Coach.    My gut feeling is the Jaguars will be noticeably improved no later than early in 2015 but of course only time will tell.

Quote:As difficult as the current situation with the Jaguars is, I think next season will provide a much better barometer on the job performance of the current regime. At that time, Blake Bortles will have his rookie season ( plus a full off-season and an additional training camp ) under his belt, the other young players on the team would have gained valuable experience, an additional FA crop will be added with the Jaguars having an excellent salary cap situation, and another draft class will be in the team's fold. If the Jaguars are struggling next year at this time, it would be hard to blame any of the team's fans to have substantial concerns about the G.M. and/ or Head Coach. My gut feeling is the Jaguars will be noticeably improved no later than early in 2015 but of course only time will tell.

This was always my thinking.

So technically we're better than the Pats?

Quote:As difficult as the current situation with the Jaguars is,   I think next season will provide a much better barometer on the job performance of the current regime.   At that time,  Blake Bortles will have his rookie season ( plus a full off-season and an additional training camp ) under his belt,  the other young players on the team would have gained valuable experience,    an additional FA crop will be added with the Jaguars having an excellent salary cap situation,  and another draft class will be in the team's fold.    If the Jaguars are struggling next year at this time,   it would be hard to blame any of the team's fans to have substantial concerns about the G.M.  and/ or Head Coach.    My gut feeling is the Jaguars will be noticeably improved no later than early in 2015 but of course only time will tell.

It's extremely reasonable for a fan to expect a small improvement over last year.  Other than maybe hitting a homerun drafting Bortles, the overall roster is no bettter than last year and maybe even worse.  So, how is it not fair to at least have the GM and coaching staff on a warm seat?

(This post was last modified: 09-30-2014, 02:56 PM by The Eleventh Doctor.)

I have a feeling defense will be a heavy focus in free agency, and the draft next year.  With some focus on o-line as well.  Hopefully we pick up an RB, and get rid of Gerhart.  

Quote:<div>
It's extremely reasonable for a fan to expect a small improvement over last year.  Other than maybe hitting a homerun drafting Bortles, the overall roster is no bettter than last year and maybe even worse.  So, how is it not fair to at least have the GM and coaching staff on a warm seat?
</div>

Really?  Allen Hurns and Allen Robinson ring a bell?  Certainly better than our receivers last year.  Our O-line may be better too, especially when Pazstor comes back.  

Who did we lose on Defense?  Russell Allen (who sadly had a stroke), Jason Babin and Dwight Lowery (who didn't play much last year anyway) Not sure if I'm missing anyone that was starting.

I was wrong about Trent Baalke. 

Quote:It's extremely reasonable for a fan to expect a small improvement over last year.  Other than maybe hitting a homerun drafting Bortles, the overall roster is no bettter than last year and maybe even worse.  So, how is it not fair to at least have the GM and coaching staff on a warm seat?

The way I look at the situation,   the current regime in Jacksonville took over a team with a longer way to go upward than any situation in the NFL this decade.   The plan clearly has been long term oriented.    Getting what very realistically is the long term solution in place at QB is huge.    There are many teams in the NFL that have continuing uncertainty at QB despite addressing the position in the 1st Round and/ or 2nd Round of a draft in recent years.

Allen Hurns already looks like he has the potential to be one of the best UDRFA's in the NFL this decade.   If the draft was done over,   Hurns probably wouldn't get out of the 2nd Round.    The Jets already cut two WR's they drafted in 2014,  including a 4th Round pick.    The other WR they drafted is on I.R.  

The Jaguars were 0-8 last season before there was light at the end of the tunnel for the team and it's fan base.   As the rookie crop and overall youth on the roster continues to gain experience and if the team's injury situation improves significant,    I do believe that there's going to be plenty of improvement even this season.   Having said this,  believe me I can relate to the football frustration you are going through.