Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Top 5 positions of need?

Quote:What do you think are the top 5 positions of need for the Jags a quarter way through the season?

Mine!

1. FS

2. OLB

3. CB

4. RB

5. MLB

Wild card

G/C

General Manager

Head Coach

Offensive Coordinator

Defensive Coordinator

Scouting Department

New staff, same results...

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 09-30-2014, 01:41 PM by badger.)

1.  FS

2.  LB

3.  C

4.  RT

5.  CB

LG

RB

QB is #1 bc we have to trade Bortles while he has value. That's how things work here right?
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

1)FS

2)Otto (may change once Watson learns the defense)

3)Will

4)LEO

5)LG

Honorable mention to Nickel Corner.

1. FS

2. All 3 linebacker positions

3. C and LG

4. DE or DT.

5. RB

The reason I didn't list cornerback is because we have spent 4 picks on that position the last 2 years. I'd like to see if any of these guys truly develop. I listed DE and DT because you can never have too many guys on the d-line. I list runningback last because it is such an insignificant position these days.

1. CB

2. FS (1 & 2 could be reversed; both are equally needed)

3. OG/OT/C

4. OLB

5. Off/Def Coor

Let's Get Em!!!! Go Jags!

I wouldn't say CB cause Colvin will be here. Biggest needs are without doubt OLB, FS and probably C. TE as well depending on how we view Marcedes long term. 

<b>We Believe In Victory..</b>

Quote:What do you think are the top 5 positions of need for the Jags a quarter way through the season?

Mine!

1. FS

2. OLB

3. CB

4. RB

5. MLB

Wild card

G/C

1. MLB

2. FS

3. TE

4. G

5. OLB

FS

OLB (2)

LG

TE

Too much youth to be knee-jerking about Center, RG, RB, CB  and MLB is down the list somewhere unless they just want out of Poz' contract.

Answers may be on the roster for these positions:

RB - We might have a good RB situation if this line can pull it together a bit. Even without Gerhart.

C  - Bowanko is still a question mark.  Writing off a rookie that's played two games isn't smart.

RG  -Similar to center situation with Linder.  

CB  - We may have above average corners with McCray and Colvin.  Don't know yet. Alan Ball may be re-signed and he's been good if you pay attention. 

Quote:FS

OLB (2)

LG

TE

Too much youth to be knee-jerking about Center, RG, RB, CB  and MLB is down the list somewhere unless they just want out of Poz' contract.

Answers may be on the roster for these positions:

RB - We might have a good RB situation if this line can pull it together a bit. Even without Gerhart.

C  - Bowanko is still a question mark.  Writing off a rookie that's played two games isn't smart.

RG  -Similar to center situation with Linder.  

CB  - We may have above average corners with McCray and Colvin.  Don't know yet. Alan Ball may be re-signed and he's been good if you pay attention. 
For the most part, I agree with this.  It's a bit early to really nail down which positions we need to replace.  Some are pretty obvious (LB and FS) but as you mentioned we need to give it a bit of time with some others.

I'm personally fine with our DBs if Colvin comes in and plays well.  Gratz and Ball as our two starters is solid.

Honestly with a competent FS and at least one other solid LB I think we'll see our D look a lot better.

(This post was last modified: 10-01-2014, 12:47 PM by muddylips.)

#1. The offensive line..... it always starts up front in the trenches folks. We would have no offense at all if we didn't have a mobile quarterback to somewhat negate the weakness of our line.

#2. The secondary.... we are currently sporting the leagues worst defensive record mostly due to huge plays allowed by our secondary. We have a franchise quarterback now but he's still a rookie and isn't able to compensate for how bad our secondary has been performing.

#3. Linebackers.... ours are not world stoppers at past defense. In fact, they are in some respects out right slow.

#4. Running back.... Toby Gerhart was a poor choice for our 'main guy' at running back. He's too s...l...o....w. He can block though, and he can catch a pass. Keep him as a fullback with a faster runner with moves (aka- Denard Robinson) and he doesn't look so bad. We won't need Will T'afo; but keep Toby as the 'main guy' and.... we have no running game threat.

#5. Tight End... IF... we get a better offensive line so we don't need a big blocking tight end (aka-Mercedes Lewis) then we can shop for better pass catching tight ends for targets for Bortles. The other teams light us up with their tight ends; why don't we serve the same up to them for a change?

We've not had a good offensive line in a very long time... You would have to go all the way back to the Tony Bosselli era to find one. A good line would open up a ton of possibilities; that's why the old saying goes...'it all starts up front'.

I y'ams who I y'ams and thats all I y'ams...