Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
CJ Spiller?

Wonder what it would cost to get him from the Bills? I hear he isn't in their future plans. He could be a nice weapon to have
[Image: Brunell_sig_zps13c33193.jpg]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I would be giddy if we could have him

How on earth can he not be in their future plans? He's one of the best air backs in the game right now. He's a threat to take it the distance every time he touches the ball. I would seriously have to wonder what they were thinking if they let him go...

But back to your original question, I wouldn't give more than a 3rd rounder for him. I mean sure, he good, but he's still a RB at the end of the day. Put him back returning kicks and bring him in on passing downs.

10 years ago we had Bob Hope, Johnny Cash, and Steve Jobs..... Please don't die, Kevin Bacon.

Mark Ingram also, just hasnt been used right in NO

(This post was last modified: 09-29-2014, 09:33 PM by knarnn.)

Quote:

How on earth can he not be in their future plans?
He's one of the best air backs in the game right now. He's a threat to take it the distance every time he touches the ball. I would seriously have to wonder what they were thinking if they let him go...

But back to your original question, I wouldn't give more than a 3rd rounder for him. I mean sure, he good, but he's still a RB at the end of the day. Put him back returning kicks and bring him in on passing downs.
#becauseBills

His contract is up after this year. He'd be smart to test FA anyway as I'm sure he'll get a better offer from another team and I'm sure will get the opportunity to become a feature back. He'll never get that chance in Buffalo.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

Does anyone else remember when Gene Smith said he would have picked C.J. Spiller if he was still available? That was despite the fact our best offensive player was MJD.

Quote:Does anyone else remember when Gene Smith said he would have picked C.J. Spiller if he was still available? That was despite the fact our best offensive player was MJD.
So I guess we shouldn't go after spiller then

Quote:So I guess we shouldn't go after spiller then

LOL I would sign him after cutting Gerhart.

Quote:Wonder what it would cost to get him from the Bills? I hear he isn't in their future plans. He could be a nice weapon to have

C.J. Spiller probably isn't in the future plans of the current Bills brass.   However,  being that a house cleaning with the Bills could easily occur this winter with new ownership coming in,  it's hard to predict how potential new football people in Buffalo will view Spiller. 

Quote:C.J. Spiller probably isn't in the future plans of the current Bills brass. However,  being that a house cleaning with the Bills could easily occur this winter with new ownership coming in,  it's hard to predict how potential new football people in Buffalo will view Spiller. 

So the team has not officially been sold yet? You make it look like the new owners will buy it after the season is over.

Quote:So the team has not officially been sold yet? You make it look like the new owners will buy it after the season is over.

I anticipate the NFL owners will approve the sale of the Bills well before the end of the 2014 regular season.   In time for the new owners to put their own people in place for the 2015 season,  if they choose to go in that direction instead of waiting a year to evaluate the current regime.

I'd love to see the Jags sign Spiller as a FA next offseason but I wouldn't trade a draft pick for him.