Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Accountability -- WINSTON GUY CUT

Good call by Gus cutting him. 

I mentioned earlier in the press conference thread that I'm reading between the lines and predicted Guy to be cut.

Gus said something like "we can't have the same people making the same mistakes over and over again, that's unacceptable"

<FONT face="Comic Sans MS" size=3><B><FONT face=Verdana color=#ff6600 size=4></FONT></B></FONT>

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

It goes to show that no one's roster spot is safe. Guy had an opportunity to redeem himself yesterday and he failed miserably. "Do your job" or you could be next.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

Quote:It goes to show that no one's roster spot is safe. Guy had an opportunity to redeem himself yesterday and he failed miserably. "Do your job" or you could be next.

pretty much.  

<FONT face="Comic Sans MS" size=3><B><FONT face=Verdana color=#ff6600 size=4></FONT></B></FONT>

Took long enough. He knew it when he was waiting for the kick off on special teams after the touchdown. They put the camera right on him standing there looking stupid.

Good riddance.
No commercial messages in sigs

Actually got cut ?

<b>We Believe In Victory..</b>

Loston!!!! Hope he gets some play time against Pitt

Looks like it was a two stage thing. Don't perform and you're benched, don't perform again and you're cut.

It's a shame, he seemed ok late last year and in pre-season. Too many blown plays though, he was on the field for 1 play and gave up 7 points when the game was tight, that's not good enough.

I love this "Suck on Sunday"? "Gone on Monday" mentality.

Jags need about 8 preseason games to finalize a roster

DD said the young defensive guys weren't learning their assignments.  I wonder how many D players will be hitting the playbook tonight?

Cut the lb crew while your at it.

[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

Now I'm starting to believe this staff is serious. They are sick if this mediocre play like the rest of us.

Prosinski, guy , and bradfield. The only problem is are there better replacements?
[Image: 160572067683e562faff2fbedb33413b.gif]

Quote:Now I'm starting to believe this staff is serious. They are sick if this mediocre play like the rest of us.

Prosinski, guy , and bradfield. The only problem is are there better replacements?

Mediocre?  We'd kill for Mediocre.  We're far from mediocre Wink

You forgot Brewster.  So Brewster, Bradfield, Prosinski, Guy have been cut.  

It doesn't matter if there aren't better replacements out there.  Play a young guy from a practice squad and you can hope one sticks.  They're not going to be worse because worse is something that is literally impossible.

I think Loston could play well.  He played for LSU and is very aggressive.  If he can show that he can learn the playbook, maybe he sticks around.

Which play did he give up?

Quote:Which play did he give up?

One of the Royals TDs

He was never going to be an asset for this team, so it's next guy up (pun intended).

Anybody keeping score of how much dead money we are accumulating?

Regards.......................the Chiefjag

I feel like Loston is another SS and we DESPERATELY need a FS.

I am glad Guy has been cut though...

Hope coaches are accountable as well. Don't want DelRio part two when everyone but him was accountable.

Game five coming up. Still adjusting roster. Players aren't the only ones who look unprepared.

Quoting Gus.." the fans are mad? Good. They need to be. We need them fired up too"

Oh, we are fired up alright Gus!
Blakes Life Matters

Quote:He was never going to be an asset for this team, so it's next guy up (pun intended).

Anybody keeping score of how much dead money we are accumulating?

Regards.......................the Chiefjag

This may help you out.
<a class="bbc_url" href='http://overthecap.com/salary-cap/jacksonville-jaguars'>http://overthecap.com/salary-cap/jacksonville-jaguars</a>
Jaguars Fundamentalist