Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Accountability -- WINSTON GUY CUT

Great knee jerk reaction or did they make a mistake by only letting one go?

I ain't no monkey... I'm an ape. Banana

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:A week month too late.
Fixed your typo. 

When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

Quote:Great knee jerk reaction or did they make a mistake by only letting one go?
I think it was necessary. Get benched, play one snap next game and give up a back breaking TD? Gone. Great move by Caldwell. 

And he costs nothing against the cap. Vet minimum guy.

When Guy blew this particular coverage I posted that he'd be "Cut".

Cut he is... I don't necessarily agree w/cutting players that make one or two costly mistakes because they could prevail w/time.

W/that said... Time is of the essence for our team. The expectations are abundant and if you don't perform to said expectations...

"CUT"

NH3...
"AZANE"

Isn't Loston basically a Guy clone? Big, slow, weak in coverage? I'm not going to object to Guy's release at all, the man more than earned it, but if Loston finds himself in the lineup, I can't imagine him being any better than a bigger, slower Prosinski this year.

Quote:Cut the lb crew while your at it.
Quote:Cut the lb crew while your at it.

Not Today... Not Tomorrow and Next week isnt looking good either...

The LBs ended up covering the opposing WRs of which is the DBs job...

NH3...
"AZANE"

Quote:Isn't Loston basically a Guy clone? Big, slow, weak in coverage? I'm not going to object to Guy's release at all, the man more than earned it, but if Loston finds himself in the lineup, I can't imagine him being any better than a bigger, slower Prosinski this year.

you can be big and slow but if you know where you're supposed to be, you're not really a huge liability.  Guy just didn't have it upstairs.  Hopefully Loston does better.

<FONT face="Comic Sans MS" size=3><B><FONT face=Verdana color=#ff6600 size=4></FONT></B></FONT>

He was just a guy!    (No pun intended)  Ok, yes it was. :teehee:

Branch should be next.

Quote:Branch should be next.

Ummmmm.... No?
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

Mike Brown should be next.

(This post was last modified: 09-29-2014, 07:38 PM by BritishJag.)

The team has far bigger problems than Branch. The pass rush has been fine for the most part - the LBs and DBs are the problem on the defense. They make too many mistakes and give up huge plays which is costing us games.

Quote:They put the camera right on him standing there looking stupid.
Hahaha

Quote:Branch should be next.

Who's going to provide refreshing breezes in the backfield?  Ever think of that?

If anything, the knock on Loston will be penalties. He likes to hit

I just like Branch because he remind me of Ricky Bobby doing the windmill. Loston may not be very good but it's hard to believe he would be any worse thab Guy. I was following the 1st half and some of the third of the game vs SD until I found the broadcast on the satellite radio and GameCast showed that we routinely were getting best deep. Hopefully we get our FS of the future this May and Colvin plays well. Just with those two our defense would be tremendously improved
"Expect for the best. Prepare for the worst. Capitalize on what comes."

Quote:If anything, the knock on Loston will be penalties. He likes to hit

I lost count of how many personal fouls Guy had through the first 2 weeks of the season. I think Loston will be fine.

10 years ago we had Bob Hope, Johnny Cash, and Steve Jobs..... Please don't die, Kevin Bacon.

Quote:If anything, the knock on Loston will be penalties. He likes to hit
sounds familiar.

<FONT face="Comic Sans MS" size=3><B><FONT face=Verdana color=#ff6600 size=4></FONT></B></FONT>

As long as he does his hitting before the play is over he should be fine. Winston was dirty for that

if you watch the Loston highlights on youtube, you will be amazed by how violent of a player he is.  He was definitely the enforcer for the LSU Tigers while he was there.  Some of those hits literally had me cringing.  

Could be a nice backup to Cyprien.