Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Accountability -- WINSTON GUY CUT

(This post was last modified: 09-30-2014, 08:09 PM by wrong_box.)

Quote:I think some elements of the team are playing well.  There are some spots that are playing like crap which is why the scores are what they are.  If you can't see that, I don't know what to tell you.   You'll probably think the team is crap until they win the Superbowl and even then will probably still think elements of the team are playing like crap.  You must be a lot of fun to watch the games with.
I could care less about the score...I care about receivers running wide open behind our secondary...I care about an OL that can't block for [BAD WORD REMOVED] so we have no run game and the qb has to be mobile enough to avoid sacks...They did better last week but it was STILL CRAP...I care about the front 4 getting pressure on the qb and that is STILL CRAP...I care about the lbs and the front 4 stopping the run game...last week they didn't do to bad but there is not one single facet of this game that is where it needs to be or even remotely close to where it needs to be ...CRAP CRAP CRAP

You are probably one of them that makes every excuse they can find for poor play...That would be boring to have to listen to

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Next!

Now we need to draft a defensive backs coach............Donavan Darius?

My biggest concern regarding accountability is how we look so much better in the first half than the second half...

Is it cuz our conditioning is bad?  Is it because we aren't making the adjustments that other teams are making?  Is it that our coaches get way too conservative?

Either way, I think that accountability is a good thing.  I think that competition is also a good thing.  But competition and accountability needs be a thread throughout the entire organization.  I'd like to hear Gus speak about about that...

Quote:My biggest concern regarding accountability is how we look so much better in the first half than the second half...

Is it cuz our conditioning is bad?  Is it because we aren't making the adjustments that other teams are making?  Is it that our coaches get way too conservative?

Either way, I think that accountability is a good thing.  I think that competition is also a good thing.  But competition and accountability needs be a thread throughout the entire organization.  I'd like to hear Gus speak about about that...
That is an A+ post!...Now how do they figure out who is accountable for that?

We can't really say we've been good in the 1st half.

In 2 games we were good, in 2 games we were horrid.
<FONT face="Comic Sans MS" size=3><B><FONT face=Verdana color=#ff6600 size=4></FONT></B></FONT>

Quote:That is an A+ post!...Now how do they figure out who is accountable for that?

As far as the conditioning?  I don't know...  To be honest, I fear for the conditioning more on the D than on the offense.  And I have a feeling that the lack of depth could be a concern.

As far adjustments and the conservative play calling...  I honestly just think the coordinators really need to have a come to Gus conversation.   I honestly wish we'd get some more fire from our coach during press conferences or even what he shows on the sideline...  But maybe that's not Gus' style.  And if that's the case...  I have my concerns about him.

I just wish I'd see the same passion in the 3rd and 4th quarter that seems to be there in the 1st...  I honestly have no idea what happens in the locker room at half-time...  But it seems to not be working for us...

Seriously, besides the c'lots game, I felt like we were in every single game this year at half...  Then in each game, you can tell the wheels fell off pretty early on in the 3rd Quarter.

Now against Pittsburg, let's see what happens.  But after 5 weeks in a row of horrible 2nd half play means that the issue can't be solely scapegoated onto the lack of talent and the 2 year old gutting of this team...  

(This post was last modified: 09-30-2014, 09:01 PM by The_Anchorman.)

Quote:We can't really say we've been good in the 1st half.

In 2 games we were good, in 2 games we were horrid.

The Washington game, I believe we cut it to 7 prior to half...  Am I mis-remembering that?

No, that's right, we cut it to 7 in the 2nd Quarter, then they came back and scored a TD before half...  Either way, that game I wouldn't say we played horrid in the 1st half...  

And I would definitely say we played with more fire in the 1st half than we did in the 2nd...  Is it conditioning?  Is it lack of adjustments?  Is it getting to conservative?  There's definately something different in the way we looked in all 3 of those games.  The c'lots game is the one anomoly, but you can say that was based on the fact that the c'lots packed it in--and we put BB5 in after halftime...

Quote:The Washington game, I believe we cut it to 7 prior to half...  Am I mis-remembering that??
I can say we have certainly not been a second half team so far this year...The first half's have certainly been better than the first

Quote:The Washington game, I believe we cut it to 7 prior to half... Am I mis-remembering that??

We were down 21-7.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

Quote:The Washington game, I believe we cut it to 7 prior to half... Am I mis-remembering that??

We were down 21-7.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

Quote:We were down 21-7.

Yeah, I edited my post...

Quote:We were down 21-7.

See above...   :thumbsup:

Quote:See above... :thumbsup:

Got ya

(This post was last modified: 09-30-2014, 09:10 PM by knarnn.)

Things will get better folks. Gotta keep the faith :thumbsup:

Quote:Things will get better folks. Gotta keep the faith :thumbsup:

LOL!  Well thanks!  I would have never thought of that...  The "it get's better" argument....  Brilliant!