Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Kirk Cousins

Quote:Just because he had a bad game against the Giants doesn't make him a terrible QB. Keep in mind, he's really the back-up in WAS because of the insane amount of value they gave up to STL to acquire RGIII. Not only that, this is also his first year under Gruden's new offensive system, AND, he hasn't been getting 1st team reps with the 1st string offense until recently. Regardless, he did chain together pretty good back-to-back performances against us and the Eagles in a very close game. I don't think last night's game is in any shape or form of what he can offer overall as a starting QB in the NFL. I think he'll bounce back in his next game honestly.
If you think Cousins will bounce back versus SEA on MNF, I have some nice ocean front property in Arizona I will sell you for cheap.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 09-26-2014, 05:51 PM by hailtoyourvictor.)

Quote:Just because he had a bad game against the Giants doesn't make him a terrible QB. Keep in mind, he's really the back-up in WAS because of the insane amount of value they gave up to STL to acquire RGIII. Not only that, this is also his first year under Gruden's new offensive system, AND, he hasn't been getting 1st team reps with the 1st string offense until recently. Regardless, he did chain together pretty good back-to-back performances against us and the Eagles in a very close game. I don't think last night's game is in any shape or form of what he can offer overall as a starting QB in the NFL. I think he'll bounce back in his next game honestly.

He as absolutely terrible last year and the real Kirk Cousins showed his face last night. He has always had a terrible habit of staring down WRs which leads to bad decision making and throwing into coverage. This is nothing new, but for some reason people seem to completely overlook that.

Jacksonville and Philly have two of the worst past defenses in the NFL (32nd and 30th). Color me not impressed.

You guys sound like the Gabbert apologists: "Well, he looked good against the Packers!". Heck, even Gabbert hasn't been as bad as Kirk Cousins was in 2013. : Kirk Cousins 2013 season numbers are worse than Blaine Gabbert's career numbers across the board.

Quote:He should. He's going to be traded as soon as the Redskins get a chance. I think they're done with him now.

I wouldn't be surprised if the Lions and Redskins swap QBs, although I imagine D6 will disagree with that, but I feel like both teams will be looking for QBs next year.

I'll be shocked if barring a major injury,   Matthew Stafford isn't the Lions starting QB in 2015.   Stafford still at times tries to force the ball down field in order to make a big play.   But Stafford's greatest obstacle the last 5 quarters has been his pass protection.   The Lions are currently without starting RT LaAdrian Waddle,  who injured his calf in the opening game against the Giants.  Backup RT Corey Hilliard suffered a season ending foot injury in that game.   The RT position has been problematic as a result and that has even adversely affected the play of RG Larry Warford.   In truth, 4/5 positions on the O-Line need to be better.   

Even if the Lions decided to move on from Stafford despite his contract,   I can't envision RGIII being his replacement.   Not with RGIII's injury history,  which even prior to his current ankle injury has noticeably diminished his physical skills.    Unfortunately,  there's a good chance that we have seen the best of what RGIII will ever provide in the NFL.

Quote:I'll be shocked if barring a major injury,   Matthew Stafford isn't the Lions starting QB in 2015.   Stafford still at times tries to force the ball down field in order to make a big play.   But Stafford's greatest obstacle the last 5 quarters has been his pass protection.   The Lions are currently without starting RT LaAdrian Waddle,  who injured his calf in the opening game against the Giants.  Backup RT Corey Hilliard suffered a season ending foot injury in that game.   The RT position has been problematic as a result and that has even adversely affected the play of RG Larry Warford.   In truth, 4/5 positions on the O-Line need to be better.   

Even if the Lions decided to move on from Stafford despite his contract,   I can't envision RGIII being his replacement.   Not with RGIII's injury history,  which even prior to his current ankle injury has noticeably diminished his physical skills.    Unfortunately,  there's a good chance that we have seen the best of what RGIII will ever provide in the NFL.
You're probably right. My dad is a Lions fan down to his very blood, and he has said he's ready to move on from Stafford because his tunnel vision causes him to play inconsistently against teams that can eliminate Calvin Johnson without getting away from their initial gameplan on defense. What he described very much reminded me of David Garrard, where he's either amazing, or he's the reason you lost the game.

THERE IS A SKELETON INSIDE OF YOU.

RIGHT NOW. THIS IS NOT A JOKE.

Quote:You're probably right. My dad is a Lions fan down to his very blood, and he has said he's ready to move on from Stafford because his tunnel vision causes him to play inconsistently against teams that can eliminate Calvin Johnson without getting away from their initial gameplan on defense. What he described very much reminded me of David Garrard, where he's either amazing, or he's the reason you lost the game.

I can certainly understand your dad's frustration,  as the 3 interceptions  Matthew Stafford threw in the last 2 games occurred because Stafford tried to do too much.   Two of the throws were intended to Calvin Johnson.   The other to Corey Fuller,  the brother of Bears 1st Round pick CB Kyle Fuller.   There were better / safer underneath options especially on the two throws vs. the Packers.   The Lions were fortunate that on the interception intended to Megatron,  CB Davon House was ruled down at the 1 yard line.  A Safety on a running play resulted on the following play,  which helped change the complexion of the game.   That doesn't change the fact that Stafford had Brandon Pettigrew underneath,  on the play that looked like a 1st Down if executed properly,  instead of going deep to Megatron.

The good news is that more often than much of last season,  Stafford has been patient,  and has been making better decisions.   On one play in the red zone,  Stafford took a sack instead of forcing the ball.   That put the Lions up 12-7 after now former Lions K Nate Freese made a 30 yard FG.   It was imperative to get points following the Safety,  which the Lions did because of Stafford's good judgment.    Stafford is extremely bright  ( 38 Wonderlic score is an example of this ).   But his powerful arm and confidence does get him and his team into trouble at times. 

Quote:He as absolutely terrible last year and the real Kirk Cousins showed his face last night. He has always had a terrible habit of staring down WRs which leads to bad decision making and throwing into coverage. This is nothing new, but for some reason people seem to completely overlook that.

Jacksonville and Philly have two of the worst past defenses in the NFL (32nd and 30th). Color me not impressed.

You guys sound like the Gabbert apologists: "Well, he looked good against the Packers!". Heck, even Gabbert hasn't been as bad as Kirk Cousins was in 2013. : Kirk Cousins 2013 season numbers are worse than Blaine Gabbert's career numbers across the board.

Just because someone uses logic and sites examples of why he may still play well doesn't equate to " gabbert apologists" I think I've seen you use that as your go to in multiple arguments.
Coughlin when asked if winning will be a focus: "What the hell else is there? This is nice and dandy, but winning is what all this is about."

Only arguments involving people making excuses for underwhelming QBs.

Quote:Idk why the other thread got wiped but 3 picks in the third quarter?

I didn't get to watch.

Just playing like crap or what?

I too was wondering why "Cousins In and RGIII Out" was deleted. As many know I started that thread to which I felt that Cousins would surplant RGIII. Well, I still feel this way. Admittedly his multiple/consecutive INTs were bad but all QBs good and bad has had their day. If Cousins proves me wrong then I'm Simply Wrong.

Cousins has moved his team ie... BB5... unlike RGIII ie... Henne...

Time Will Tell...

NH3...
"AZANE"

Quote:I too was wondering why "Cousins In and RGIII Out" was deleted. As many know I started that thread to which I felt that Cousins would surplant RGIII. Well, I still feel this way. Admittedly his multiple/consecutive INTs were bad but all QBs good and bad has had their day. If Cousins proves me wrong then I'm Simply Wrong.

Cousins has moved his team ie... BB5... unlike RGIII ie... Henne...

Time Will Tell...

NH3...

Every QB has had their bad day, but Cousins just seems to have them extremely often.

I'm not saying RGIII is the answer in Washington, but to pretend Cousins has been worlds better than him his blasphemous. RGIII > Cousins in completion %, yards per attempt, TD to INT ratio, and QB rating. If you think RGIII has been bad, it's pretty comical that you'd say Cousins has been good.