Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Kirk Cousins

To think this team beat our brains in. Perspective.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Our defense must really really suck...

No pain, no gain.

I guess RG3 shouldnt pack his bags just yet...

I spend 4 pages tryin to explain why cousins is overrated, and the moment he proves it my tread goes *poof*....?

For as much crow I have to eat re: Devin Gardner, I figured I could serve some re: Cousins.

hailtoyourvictor,  I have no idea what happened to the other thread but I certainly thought of you when watching the 2nd half of the Redskins/ Kirk Cousins debacle against the Giants.   Like I expressed over a week ago in that thread,    I think there's a very realistic chance that by 2016,  the Redskins will have to find a new starting QB.   The post knee injury RGIII has been nothing like the player he was the first 3/4 of the 2012 season.   Cousins has been too inconsistent for a QB that lacks big time QB tools.    While I still think Cousins is their best hope for 2014,   that's not saying much.

What jumped out for me in this game more than anything is even against a Redskins Defense that has plenty of issues on all 3 levels,   I'm amazed that the Giants Offense looked like clock work after being the antithesis of that on the road against the Lions 17 days earlier and when their starters were in during the pre-season.    Against the Redskins,  Eli Manning looked like he's been playing in the WCO for years instead of months!     Tom Coughlin has once again shown why he deserves serious consideration for the HOF one day.

Actually, my opinion about Cousins started well before last season. All through college (and in his scouting report), Cousins has been known to lock on to his receivers and not go through his reads. Last year, exemplified that. His accuracy? Not good. His turnover ratio? Terrible. A big reason was because he would stare down his WR allowing the DBs to jump routes and make easy plays on the ball (whether a deflection or INT). This same trait that we saw all last season reared it's head again tonight. I don't need a larger sample size to know that Cousins will forever be a backup level QB.

Food for thought (as I stated in the last thread): Kirk Cousins 2013 season numbers are worse than Blaine Gabbert's career numbers across the board.

Quote:He is just having a bad night. I think he bounces back from it next week. Peyton and Brady has had a night like this

Wait, what? You are acting like this one bad night is the outlier. His 1 good game last week was the outlier. Cousins was God-awful last season.

Quote:He is just having a bad night. I think he bounces back from it next week. Peyton and Brady has had a night like this
Considering Cousins has had many games like this, I doubt it.

There's a time where we need to admit we're wrong, and people need to admit Cousins is not the answer.

THERE IS A SKELETON INSIDE OF YOU.

RIGHT NOW. THIS IS NOT A JOKE.

(This post was last modified: 09-26-2014, 04:07 AM by Jagwired'd.)

Quote:I guess RG3 shouldnt pack his bags just yet...
He should. He's going to be traded as soon as the Redskins get a chance. I think they're done with him now.

I wouldn't be surprised if the Lions and Redskins swap QBs, although I imagine D6 will disagree with that, but I feel like both teams will be looking for QBs next year.

THERE IS A SKELETON INSIDE OF YOU.

RIGHT NOW. THIS IS NOT A JOKE.

This is what he has done so far in his career. Steps in for RGIII and looks great. But reality always hits.

Quote:I spend 4 pages tryin to explain why cousins is overrated, and the moment he proves it my tread goes *poof*....?

For as much crow I have to eat re: Devin Gardner, I figured I could serve some re: Cousins.

Not just yet!
Coughlin when asked if winning will be a focus: "What the hell else is there? This is nice and dandy, but winning is what all this is about."

Eli has that clutch gene that his brother might not have. When his back is against the wall and when all odds are against the Giants, he plays out his mind. His passes were right on the money last night.

(I was also lucky enough to grab Eli off waivers this week, and started him last night)

Quote:He is playing scared now. He is even scared to throw check downs.

Yeah, where was that KC when he played the Jags?

He was all world against us.

The Jags just seem to make a habit of letting average/nothing special/backup QBs look like the second coming of Montana.

That just has to stop!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I survived the Gus Bradley Error.

He blew up against the Eagles too.  Maybe the Giants just match up well against them.

Huh

Quote:Eli has that clutch gene that his brother might not have. When his back is against the wall and when all odds are against the Giants, he plays out his mind. His passes were right on the money last night.

(I was also lucky enough to grab Eli off waivers this week, and started him last night)

Clutch gene? They won by a million. His back wasn't against the wall...
Coughlin when asked if winning will be a focus: "What the hell else is there? This is nice and dandy, but winning is what all this is about."

Quote:Clutch gene? They won by a million. His back wasn't against the wall...

His career was going toward the wall. Think on a larger plain here. Coughlin is likely out either by retirement or loss of job at the end of the year and a new coach might want a stud waiting if/when Eli's wheels completely come off.

Eli better understand his starting QB career could be over as soon as next year unless he turns it around.

Quote:I figured once NFL teams got enough tape on him, this would happen.

Quote:They weren't "good defense" picks. They were absolutely awful decisions.
Say what? 

He was a time bomb, i don't think tape had anything to do with it.

The Skins message board must be in full meltdown mode after last night.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

Quote:His career was going toward the wall. Think on a larger plain here. Coughlin is likely out either by retirement or loss of job at the end of the year and a new coach might want a stud waiting if/when Eli's wheels completely come off.

Eli better understand his starting QB career could be over as soon as next year unless he turns it around.

I don't know his contract situation but if a new coach comes in and wanted to go a different way he would either be traded or if he's released he would be starting for someone else next year either way.

(This post was last modified: 09-26-2014, 04:27 PM by Caldrac.)

Just because he had a bad game against the Giants doesn't make him a terrible QB. Keep in mind, he's really the back-up in WAS because of the insane amount of value they gave up to STL to acquire RGIII. Not only that, this is also his first year under Gruden's new offensive system, AND, he hasn't been getting 1st team reps with the 1st string offense until recently. Regardless, he did chain together pretty good back-to-back performances against us and the Eagles in a very close game. I don't think last night's game is in any shape or form of what he can offer overall as a starting QB in the NFL. I think he'll bounce back in his next game honestly.

[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."