Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
The most disappointing player ?

Receivers regressed because Bortles was so inaccurate that for them to catch the ball the would have to contort to awkward positions, go up high, or layout into oncoming tacklers risking serious injury. A good quarterback leads his receivers out of danger. Bortles by far the most disappointing.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Allen Robinson.

Quote:Question should be who besides Bortles because it's too obvious

Ion know its a pretty close race.. Julius Thomas was also pretty disappointing...

Quote:Receivers regressed because Bortles was so inaccurate that for them to catch the ball the would have to contort to awkward positions, go up high, or layout into oncoming tacklers risking serious injury. A good quarterback leads his receivers out of danger. Bortles by far the most disappointing.
so now our wide receivers need to be babysat and everything got to be handed to them. You make them sound like a bunch of sissies and for Blake to be disappointing he still threw for 23 touchdowns and 3,900 yds
[Image: giphy.gif]

Jack, mainly due to the coaches not putting him on the field

Go Jags!
*To stay up for atleast 2 years 3/6/17
2016 draft players I think will be good
  • On the Fournette train, will be best back of his class 3/6/17
  • Lattimore please,  Lockdowns on both sides would be nice
  • Engram at TE and the MJD clone Samaje Perine

Quote:so now our wide receivers need to be babysat and everything got to be handed to them. You make them sound like a bunch of sissies and for Blake to be disappointing he still threw for 23 touchdowns and 3,900 yds
I agree with this 100%.

Some people are still carrying the Gus-mentality around here.

Starting from most-

Blake- for obvious reasons

Ivory- because I had a lot higher expectations for him

Gipson- because I thought I would see a little more.

Thomas- just because

The whole offensive line- because they suck

Bortles

TJ Yeldon

ARob

Thomas

Joeckel

Cann

Parnell

Gipson

Fowler
<FONT face="Comic Sans MS" size=3><B><FONT face=Verdana color=#ff6600 size=4></FONT></B></FONT>

Quote:Jack, mainly due to the coaches not putting him on the field

Not really on him tho.. I'm talking about performance wise..

Walters.  Against my better judgement, I went with my gut and drafted him #1 in my FFL instead of Antonio Brown.  I was counting on a breakout year.  Round 2 was just as bad with J. Thomas but luckily I was able to land Ivory in Round 3.

Quote:Bortles

TJ Yeldon

ARob

Thomas

Joeckel

Cann

Parnell

Gipson

Fowler

I'll say...

1. Bortles

2. Parnell

3. Hurns

4. Julius

5. Fowler

6. ARob

7. Yeldon

8. House

9. Greene

10. DRob

'02

BBINT

AR15

Julius Thomas

Calling Deshawn Watson a future bust since 3/19/17. If I eat crow, I will keep this in here and proclaim JackCity a genius. 

(This post was last modified: 01-07-2017, 10:55 PM by wg171.)

I'll go with...

- Bortles

- Robinson

- Yeldon

- Parnell

- Gipson

- Maybe Fowler although he did show his potential at times.

Myles Jack for me.  I'm disappointed in the way the organization handled him all year. We saw the talent and skill set immediately in the preseason against the second and third units. Then when we finally saw him in games, Jack showed the phenomenal abilities that would have made him a top 10 talent. Now because one of our most talented young players sat on the bench, our defense suffered.

I can understand that he had medical concerns. I believe in keeping him healthy and protecting his future. I would have understood if the organization showed some transparency and just said this is a red-shirt year, he was on a pitch count or placed him on reserve a reserve list of some kind. The organization's mishandling of Jack may not have been overlooked but it really bothered me throughout the season.

Had Bortles not regressed and this team put together the wins they should have, this would be highlighted more. This is the type microcosmic issue that hinders the Jaguars as an organization from the development of that "winning culture"

Quote:AR15. Body language, lack of effort, whining about fans booing...
Bortles was bad but his attitude was good

Ar15?

He sucked

He was a complete jerk

His effort absolutely sucked

He sucked

Quote:Fowler is on a short lease in my opinion

.. If he don't step up and play better that bust label will be over his head.. Hopefully a new coach can exploit his strengths.. As far as Yeldon I believe we have seen the best we are gonna see from him.. He is not a home run back.. At his best, he will always be just a average rb... We need another Freddy Thursday or MOJO here..
If he's on a lease

At least we're not gonna pay a premium for exceeding the allowed mileage on his slow to the QB AZZ lol

Quote:Walters. Against my better judgement, I went with my gut and drafted him #1 in my FFL instead of Antonio Brown. I was counting on a breakout year. Round 2 was just as bad with J. Thomas but luckily I was able to land Ivory in Round 3.
Walter's probably was targeted like 25 times the whole season.

Him and Corey Grant should have been more involved instead of ar15 who acted like a smart allik lil boy, ivory who never stayed healthy and yeldon who didn't produce a damn thing

Quote:Ion know its a pretty close race.. Julius Thomas was also pretty disappointing...
Funny that we didn't have solid play at TE until our 3rd and 4th string guys were in the game.

And they both made Thomas look old and slow

Bortles, but I am surprised nobody has mentioned Davon House. He was good last season, then this season comes and what the heck happen. I believe he started the season as the #1 corner or maybe #2 and he ended the season behind Josh Johnson. He was absolutely trash this season. 

Bortles