Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Stephen Tulloch out for the season

Tore his ACL celebrating a sack.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000...ating-sack

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Domt mock the discount double check

Hate too see a player get injured but Come On Man

Thats why he needs a low impact celebration......like the windmill.

“Motivation alone is not enough.  If you have an idiot and you motivate him,now you have a motivated idiot.” Jim Rohn

I don't usually laugh at injuries but this one deserves it.

[Image: nelson-haha.jpg]
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

Caldwell should call Shack and Mayhew and see if they are interested in Pozluszny.

Quote:Caldwell should call Shack and Mayhew and see if they are interested in Pozluszny.
And have JT Thomas on the field more? No thanks, it's bad enough as it is.
No commercial messages in sigs

(This post was last modified: 09-22-2014, 06:54 PM by Dakota.)

Quote:Tore his ACL celebrating a sack.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000...ating-sack

AKA - The Gramatica

What lies behind us, and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

I found out that I'm off work tomorrow, I got so excited that I did a Tiger Woods fist pump and clocked myself in the jaw.. I think I'm out for the year.. 

[Image: SaKG4.gif]

Quote:I found out that I'm off work tomorrow, I got so excited that I did a Tiger Woods fist pump and clocked myself in the jaw.. I think I'm out for the year.. 

That's the definition of lack of hand to jaw coordination.

I survived the Gus Bradley Error.

(This post was last modified: 09-23-2014, 12:04 PM by C'MON JAGS.)

Wow, 131 consecutive games played.

That's what I call a  discount double check OUT for the season.

I survived the Gus Bradley Error.

Quote:Thats why he needs a low impact celebration......like the windmill.

The original Discount Double Check is low impact. Tulloch just turned it into a high impact move.

Quote:Caldwell should call Shack and Mayhew and see if they are interested in Pozluszny.

How about asking them about J.T. Thomas instead? We need Poz.

Even if the Lions had interest in Paul Pozluszny,   the Lions salary cap situation would make it practically impossible for the Lions to handle his current contract.    The Lions restructured the contracts of Glover Quin and Reggie Bush in recent weeks in order to free up cap space for the team to have flexibility to sign replacements due to injuries and fielding a Practice Squad.   

The good news for the Lions Tahir Whitehead is coming off a strong pre-season,  including his impact performance against the Jaguars and more than held his own when moving from SLB to MLB after Stephen Tulloch went down against the Packers.   Tulloch was playing at a very high level and his injury is a major concern.   Especially since Tulloch was the glue of the Defense.   But Whitehead has high caliber physical skills and has already proven to be a top flight Special Teams player.   The key is the Lions can't afford an injury to Whitehead or Pro Bowl caliber LB DeAndre Levy,  who has been outstanding through 3 games.

Quote:Wow, 131 consecutive games played.

That's what I call a  discount double check OUT for the season.

Stephen Tulloch was also very durable at NC State.    He's one of the key leaders on the Lions and arguably was playing as well as any Lions player on either side of the ball since the beginning of the pre-season.  Tulloch also has made a difference with charity work.

While Tulloch used bad judgment with the sack celebration,  Jim Caldwell brought up a good point in that it's realistically possible Tulloch already had an ACL related injury before suffering the season ending injury on the sack celebration.   This was the case with me when I ruptured my quad tendon last year when walking down steps.  Earlier that night,  I injured the quad tendon without realizing it,  also walking down steps.    My major injury didn't occur after the first misstep. 

My preference has always been,   act like you expect to make a key play again.  Much like Barry Sanders did after handing the ball to an official after scoring a TD.