Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
If Bortles were to start Sunday, what is his stat line?

Bortles would take the snap, elude 3 pass rushers and throw the ball so high up in the air it leaves the atmosphere. He then runs to the endzone in the precise spot where the ball will land and jumps at least 10 feet above everybody else and catches the football in his teeth. Lindsey Duke then runs onto the field in a bikini to lead an elaborate TD celebration.

This happens on every single play. Final stats: 5-5 400 yds 5 TD. 5 Receptions 400 yds 5 TD.

Make the Jags Great Again
Blake Bortles......YOU'RE FIRED!
Dave Caldwell.....YOU'RE FIRED!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:The idea is to see where the expectations are based on the cries for Bortles.  Curiosity drill is all.
For his first start I'll go with 200 yds, 1TD, 1INT.  By the end of the year he will be buzz lightyears ahead of buzz lightyear.

Quote: Bortles would take the snap, elude 3 pass rushers and throw the ball so high up in the air it leaves the atmosphere. He then runs to the endzone in the precise spot where the ball will land and jumps at least 10 feet above everybody else and catches the football in his teeth. Lindsey Duke then runs onto the field in a bikini to lead an elaborate TD celebration.

This happens on every single play. Final stats: 5-5 400 yds 5 TD. 5 Receptions 400 yds 5 TD.
Now we're talkin!

Quote: Bortles would take the snap, elude 3 pass rushers and throw the ball so high up in the air it leaves the atmosphere. He then runs to the endzone in the precise spot where the ball will land and jumps at least 10 feet above everybody else and catches the football in his teeth. Lindsey Duke then runs onto the field in a bikini to lead an elaborate TD celebration.

Bortles is Curt Henning?

(This post was last modified: 09-19-2014, 07:46 PM by Voltage-.)

Henne: 19/33, 175 yards, 0 TD, 1 INT

Bortles: 26/40, 260 yards, 2 TD, 1 INT

22/30 260 yards 1 TD

Bortles Bortles Bortles Bortles Bortles
[Image: Brunell_sig_zps13c33193.jpg]

Quote:I'm a huge Bortles fan but i'm worried he isn't gonna meet the rabid expectation of the Boner for Bortles Brigade on here. He's a rookie and he will struggle some when he gets his chance. I'm dreading this board when that happens. If he were thrown in this weekend, i feel it would be bad. So what's his stat line? And for giggles, throw Henne's out there too.

Henne: 21 - 37, 191 yards, 1 td 1 int, 3 sacks

Bortles: 24 - 37, 216 yards, 2 tds, 3 int, 2 sacks

Jags lose under both scenarios. Hopefully no injuries. No point in starting Bortles at this time IMO.

Good work, this is actually somewhat grounded in reality. When I saw the question, I half-expected predictions more like this...

Henne 5-38, 9 yards, 0 TDs, 6 INTs

Bortles 50-50 634 yards, 15 TDs, 0 INTs
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

Predicting stats is like predicting the untold future. It's near impossible. What I will predict upon BB5's debut is enhansed, upscaled and an revived offense. BB5 looks to push the ball down the field and the receivers knows this. They'll be Like, Aweeee Shucks Now...Game On...

The receiving core will respond accordingly to BB5...

NH3...
"AZANE"

I'd say...

23-35

214 yards

2 tds

1 int

1/1 99 1 TD 0 Int

Bortles passes once while being sacked and goes out with an injured ear.  FBT gets on the MB to beat his chest about how right he was that Bortles wasn't ready, and revealing he's really TMD, too. Meaning he's been arguing with himself all these years.

No one is safe.

Does anyone else have a feeling that a lot of these WR "injuries" will go away when they have confidence someone can get the ball to them to make a play?

20-32 268 yrds 2 TD 1 INT

Quote:1/1 99 1 TD 0 Int

Bortles passes once while being sacked and goes out with an injured ear.  FBT gets on the MB to beat his chest about how right he was that Bortles wasn't ready, and revealing he's really TMD, too. Meaning he's been arguing with himself all these years.

Man, that's straight hilarious!

31-38 310yards 4TD 1 int 2 sacks
A good loser is a good loser

Bortles 31-34 800yards passing with 10 tds. Jags then go 14-2 and win da super bowl! !!! Kidding aside; if he were, I believe it would be similar to 22-35 with about 230 yards 2tds no picks. Some of thr yardage would come in garbage time.
"Expect for the best. Prepare for the worst. Capitalize on what comes."

I think we may see him after half time if Henne plays as currently

I got the TD's and INT's right, even though he only played 2 quarters.  

Apparently the stat lines were:

4/7 33 yards, 0 TD 0 INT

14/24 223 yards 2 TD 2 INT

Of course Henne didn't get to play garbage time, but I think the offense looked a lot more competent with Bortles out there.  Which is about what I expected.  

I was wrong about Trent Baalke.