Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Matthews > Joeckel

Quote:Yeah I'd base my player evaluations on one game, especially when its a total shelling.

I've watched Joeckel for about 7 games now. He lacks intensity. But whatever, go Jags. Their players are clearly the best. That's why we are so good.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Yeah I'd base my player evaluations on one game, especially when its a total shelling.

You gotta admit though. It does get a little discouraging that we can never seem to find "that guy" in the draft.

Not sure if trolling or...
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

I dont get it. Was Mathews on the board when Joekle was picked?

Nah he's

[Image: Ever+_c4a4b7f824a6320aac8fc3c5963a42ec.png]
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

Joeckel is basically a rookie in non-cohesive o-line full of newcomers. It's been like 2 games. Call off the hounds.

(This post was last modified: 09-18-2014, 11:58 PM by Jags32250.)

Quote:I've watched Joeckel for about 7 games now. He lacks intensity. But whatever, go Jags. Their players are clearly the best. That's why we are so good.

Is this necessary? No one said that in this thread, your intentions of starting something a very clear. Go to bed angry man.

Quote:Is this necessary? No one said that in this thread, your intentions of starting something a very clear. Go to bed angry man.

Right now, he is just stating a fact. Matthews is certainly better at LT than Joeckel at this point in time.

I could see the comparison if they were in the same draft class, and Caldwell picked Joeckel over Matthews.  Wouldn't mind having Kyle Long though. 

I was wrong about Trent Baalke. 

Quote:Is this necessary? No one said that in this thread, your intentions of starting something a very clear. Go to bed angry man.

I've been on this message board along time. I think it's pretty clear I am not a troll.

The fact that I can't state that a Jaguar player has been a disappointment so far in his career, is pretty ridiculous.

BTW this thread is about a Jaguar player. I see one of my fellow mods disagrees with my assessment illustrated in this thread and thus banishes the thread to a sub forum.

Way to keep it real.

Quote:I could see the comparison if they were in the same draft class, and Caldwell picked Joeckel over Matthews. Wouldn't mind having Kyle Long though.

I understand this complaint on the topic. That being said, the two players were naturally compared to each other during this recent draft and a few of us maintained that Matthews was the better prospect much to the dismay of "defend the Jags at all cost" Jaguars fans.

Just making an observation. :/

I liked Matthews better as a prospect also but he didnt come out in 2013 and we took Bortles in the 1st this year. If we redone the 2014 draft today I'd still take Bortles

Quote:I liked Matthews better as a prospect also but he didnt come out in 2013 and we took Bortles in the 1st this year. If we redone the 2014 draft today I'd still take Bortles

Agreed. This thread isn't as much about this draft as it is about last draft.

(This post was last modified: 09-19-2014, 12:56 AM by SpeedyG.)

Quote:2013 was an awful draft in terms of talent. No one else worth picking.

Correct. We absolutely don't need someone young, improving, and legit pass rushing like Ziggy Ansah...you know, the other guy that was being mocked to us instead of Luke. There's also this other player who was widely thought of as the best player in last year's draft, but fell inexplicably come draft time. He's helping Carolina's run defense now and has been a real Star for them.

Quote:I've been on this message board along time. I think it's pretty clear I am not a troll.

The fact that I can't state that a Jaguar player has been a disappointment so far in his career, is pretty ridiculous.

BTW this thread is about a Jaguar player. I see one of my fellow mods disagrees with my assessment illustrated in this thread and thus banishes the thread to a sub forum.

Way to keep it real.

A lot of people have teal colored glasses.  At some point the definition of 'troll' has changed from 'someone saying things just for attention' to 'someone being negative'.   

Even if Matthews came out last year, I think the Chiefs take him over Fisher.  Not sure if we'd end up with Fisher or Joeckel at that point.  I think Luke could still develop though.  I don't think he'll wind up being better than Matthews, but he could definitely become a good LT.  Especially once his job is made easier with the line around him.  Not to mention a QB and RB that can scare a defense.

Of course imagine how the Rams must feel.  Robinson over Matthews.  

I was wrong about Trent Baalke. 

It will be interesting to see how Luke Joeckel performs when Blake Bortles is the Jaguars starting QB and the overall Jaguars Offense has more NFL experience/ cohesiveness.  

As for Jake Matthews,  the fact that he's coming off an ankle injury that kept him out of the game in Cincinnati 4 days ago and still performed at a high level against the Bucs speaks volumes about what's likely to come for Matthews.    An interesting matchup later this season should be Jake Matthews against his cousin Packers OLB/ DE Clay Matthews.    That should be a much greater test than the make shift DE situation the Bucs are currently dealing with.  

Quote:Correct. We absolutely don't need someone young, improving, and legit pass rushing like Ziggy Ansah...you know, the other guy that was being mocked to us instead of Luke. There's also this other player who was widely thought of as the best player in last year's draft, but fell inexplicably come draft time. He's helping Carolina's run defense now and has been a real Star for them.

Hindsight. Ansah nor Lotulelei were seen as better prospects. Dion Jordan was the player being mocked mostly not Ansah and he sucks.

Quote:Hindsight. Ansah nor Lotulelei were seen as better prospects. Dion Jordan was the player being mocked mostly not Ansah and he sucks.

For what it's worth  Lions G.M. Martin Mayhew said that Ziggy Ansah was the 3rd highest rated player on the team's draft board.  Being that Ansah was taken by the Lions with pick # 5,  that means two of the top 4 players were rated ahead of Ansah by the team brass.  

LOL! Against the bucs!

Every OT has looked like an all-pro against the bucs this season.

Their DEs have combined for a whopping 1 sack in three games.

Way to know your context.

We should've went DPR with the 2nd pick
[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]