Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Matthews > Joeckel

Luke > Fisher, that's all that matters.

http://espn.go.com/blog/kansas-city-chie...-by-fisher

“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:You gotta admit though. It does get a little discouraging that we can never seem to find "that guy" in the draft.

It definitely feels like that right now, but before he got hurt last year that feeling was there. The announcers mentioned how good he was and then he got injured.

Blackmona has been a let down and gabbert, Harvey, Reggie nelson... Etc

So I've been right there through all the disappointment and it sucks watching guys like Keenan Allen light it up, but I still feel like joeckel has a shot to be a stud.
Coughlin when asked if winning will be a focus: "What the hell else is there? This is nice and dandy, but winning is what all this is about."

I'll also ask this question: which falcon didn't look good last night against the bucs?
Coughlin when asked if winning will be a focus: "What the hell else is there? This is nice and dandy, but winning is what all this is about."

Quote:I'll also ask this question: which falcon didn't look good last night against the bucs?

And just how bad were the Falcons last year when all their skill guys went down? Pretty awful.

“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

But does his little brother play QB? There, another post to waste your time
"Expect for the best. Prepare for the worst. Capitalize on what comes."

This thread is very TMD ish

Quote:Hindsight. Ansah nor Lotulelei were seen as better prospects. Dion Jordan was the player being mocked mostly not Ansah and he sucks.

Keep in mind that Lotulelei was considered a top 5 prospect for his entire senior season until the combine, when it was discovered he had a heart issue. It does not seem to be an issue so far but I am sure more than a few teams moved him down, or took him off their board completely.

Quote:This thread is very TMD ish

TMD is an [BLEEP] but that doesn't automatically make him wrong about everything.

I like him viewed Matthews as a better prospect coming out, and so far it appears that we may have been right.

FWIW, I wanted Ansah, but called the Joeckel pick. And I didn't hate it when it happened. I have just been disappointed so far.

That draft was terrible at the top. But at least we didn't get Fischer.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

Quote:TMD is an [BAD WORD REMOVED] but that doesn't automatically make him wrong about everything.

I like him viewed Matthews as a better prospect coming out, and so far it appears that we may have been right.

FWIW, I wanted Ansah, but called the Joeckel pick. And I didn't hate it when it happened. I have just been disappointed so far.

ok but you guys really give TMD a hard time when he starts the "I told you so" threads and that's exactly what this is.

Quote:That draft was terrible at the top. But at least we didn't get Fischer.

Yea he's been bad, Sheldon Richardson would look nice in a Jaguar uniform right now.

Quote:TMD is an [BAD WORD REMOVED] but that doesn't automatically make him wrong about everything.

wouldnt really be an issue if you approached the subject differently.

but you are proclaiming that with certainty, matthews is a better player than luke and this early in either of their careers its impossible to call that.

Quote:Hindsight. Ansah nor Lotulelei were seen as better prospects. Dion Jordan was the player being mocked mostly not Ansah and he sucks.

Absolutely not hindsight. Star was a top 5, if not top 2 for most of his senior year in most mocks. Ansah has been mocked to the Jags as early as a month before the draft.

Quote:Luke > Fisher, that's all that matters.

<a class="bbc_url" href='http://espn.go.com/blog/kansas-city-chiefs/post/_/id/7091/chiefs-have-to-stick-by-fisher'>http://espn.go.com/blog/kansas-city-chiefs/post/_/id/7091/chiefs-have-to-stick-by-fisher</a>

Sorry but no.

Quote:Absolutely not hindsight. Star was a top 5, if not top 2 for most of his senior year in most mocks. Ansah has been mocked to the Jags as early as a month before the draft.

Star had the heart issue but Ansah definitely was mocked there at times.
;

;

Quote:I know this won't be popular, but man. Jake Matthews looks so good and Luke Joeckel looks soft and sluggish and just not very good.

Yup.

Last week vs the Bengals, Matthews was out for the game (not sure what his injury was). Cincinnati was all over Matt Ryan the whole game, causing turnovers and busting up plays.

Atlanta's O-line look horrible last week without him (granted, Bengals D-line is stout). Matthews already makes a big difference for them.

Quote:I like him viewed Matthews as a better prospect coming out, and so far it appears that we may have been right.
So did just about everybody, doesn't mean that Joeckel is a bad player though, way too early to tell IMO.

Who's to say that if you put Matthews in front of Chad Henne, he doesn't give up a sack or 2 last night?

Matthews looks like a 3rd year pro already, and admittedly Joeckel looks like he's still going through some growing pains, but the Atlanta offense is just so much more developed than ours at this point... it's much too hard for me to evaluate I'll just say that.

I would have liked to see him last week vs the Bengals, that would have been a real test to see where he's at.  This week against the Bucs pass rush?  Not so much...there pass rush is not very good.  I've been unimpressed with Joeckel thus far myself and he has not played anywhere near the level of a #2 overall pick.  However it is way too early to make a judgement like this.  

I'd be wiling to bet if you swapped Matthews and Joeckel, allowing Matthews to block for Henne and Joeckel to block for Ryan, both would look different. Did Matthews play week 1?  I seem to remember Matt Ryan getting pressured against the Saints but using his legs to avoid the pressure and make some plays.

Quote:Matthews looks like a 3rd year pro already, and admittedly Joeckel looks like he's still going through some growing pains, but the Atlanta offense is just so much more developed than ours at this point... it's much too hard for me to evaluate I'll just say that.

Remember when everyone said Dirk Koetter sucked and needed to go? Its amazing what happens when you have a QB and a couple of good WRs.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."