Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Matthews > Joeckel

Quote:Remember when everyone said Dirk Koetter sucked and needed to go? Its amazing what happens when you have a QB and a couple of good WRs.

I do, and thats why I rarely criticize play calling myself.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I've never seen a top 5 pick get blown up and end up on his rear end as much as Joeckel. I still have hope that he can improve, but he isn't even starting-caliber at this point.
Make the Jags Great Again
Blake Bortles......YOU'RE FIRED!
Dave Caldwell.....YOU'RE FIRED!

Quote:I've never seen a top 5 pick get blown up and end up on his rear end as much as Joeckel. I still have hope that he can improve, but he isn't even starting-caliber at this point.

I have been looking for a replay of that hit Bostic put on him in preseason

Pretty soon roots are gonna sprout out of his backside and he will become a permanent fixture on the Everbank Field 50 yd line.

Make the Jags Great Again
Blake Bortles......YOU'RE FIRED!
Dave Caldwell.....YOU'RE FIRED!

Quote:Yea he's been bad, Sheldon Richardson would look nice in a Jaguar uniform right now.

As promising as Dee Millner appeared to be as an NFL CB prospect and still might turn out,  right now the Jets are fortunate that another team didn't draft Sheldon Richardson in the picks # 10 to # 12 range.   Even the team that drafted Richardson passed him up for another player.    There's no question that if the 2013 Draft was done again,  Richardson would go MUCH higher than pick # 13.

(This post was last modified: 09-19-2014, 07:07 PM by Jags32250.)

Quote:Remember when everyone said Dirk Koetter sucked and needed to go? Its amazing what happens when you have a QB and a couple of good WRs.
Fast forward to today and Fisch.  So easy to blame the play caller.  Feeble minded.

Quote:I like him viewed Matthews as a better prospect coming out, and so far it appears that we may have been right.

So what.  What's the deal comparing Matthews to Joekel? Did we have a choice or something?  It's like saying you liked Luck more than Newton. Who cares.

Quote:Fast forward to today and Fisch.  So easy to blame the play caller.  Feeble minded.

The OC position for the Jags has not had very much to work with in terms of talent for way too long.

Until that changes we will continue to see the kind of offense that we have seen for far too long.

The only hope Jags fans have at this time is that BB will be able to change that from a talent perspective and we won't even see him "until he's ready".

Hopefully that means sometime in the near future when the o-line is playing better and the WR know the playbook better.

Until then, we can only hope for the best.

I sure hope we haven't already seen the best from this offense.

I survived the Gus Bradley Error.

Well Jake Matthews' younger brother is starting at center for A&M. Maybe we can draft him this year and get our own Matthews.

Quote:Well Jake Matthews' younger brother is starting at center for A&M. Maybe we can draft him this year and get our own Matthews.

Sounds good to me that bloodline is gold
[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

Quote:Sounds good to me that bloodline is gold

Except for Casey...

Quote:Except for Casey...

Poor Casey.

He's like Cooper Manning.

Quote:Sounds good to me that bloodline is gold

Looks to have a 2nd-4th round grade and supposedly is perfect for ZBS. I'm sold.

Fisher is looking pretty good to me.

Quote:Fisher is looking pretty good to me.

What Chief isn't playing good?
;

;

I thought Joeckel was alright yesterday.

<FONT face="Comic Sans MS" size=3><B><FONT face=Verdana color=#ff6600 size=4></FONT></B></FONT>

Quote:What Chief isn't playing good?

What does that matter? He is going against a pretty good de in chandler jones.

Quote:2013 was an awful draft in terms of talent. No one else worth picking.

Yeah, that was a particularly bad draft in terms of talent to be picked at the top of the draft.

It figures the Jags would have their worst ever season and get the #2 overall pick that year.

I survived the Gus Bradley Error.

Quote:I thought Joeckel was alright yesterday.

I thought he looked good too.

I think J oeckel will be just fine and get better and better as the season goes on