Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Matthews > Joeckel

Quote:Poor Casey.

He's like Cooper Manning.
Whoa..just to be fair, Cooper was a great athlete at the WR position. He suffered an unfortunate injury. Had that not happened, he would have been catching passes from Peyton at Ole Miss instead of Tennessee. Casey Matthews wasnt that good but had his shot, Cooper never had a shot
"Expect for the best. Prepare for the worst. Capitalize on what comes."

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Anybody see Matthews against Pierre-Paul last weekend?

Here's the PFF breakdown:

Quote:<p style="font-size:12px;color:rgb(0,0,0);font-family:Helvetica, verdana, geneva, sans-serif;"><b>Jake Matthews, LT: -8.9</b>

<p style="font-size:12px;color:rgb(0,0,0);font-family:Helvetica, verdana, geneva, sans-serif;">Breakdown: Yuck. What else can you say? Jason Pierre-Paul doesn’t always bring finesse to the table, but he does bring power and that was simply too much for Matthews. The first half he was just about doing enough, but come the second half it became tough to watch as the rookie clearly wasn’t ready for the test of such an explosive player.

<p style="font-size:12px;color:rgb(0,0,0);font-family:Helvetica, verdana, geneva, sans-serif;">Signature Stat: Beaten for three hits and flagged for two penalties. Matthews had never graded below a -1.0before this game.

I'd rather have Joeckel and Bortles than Matthews and some other QB available last year to be honest.

Quote:Anybody see Matthews against Pierre-Paul last weekend?

Here's the PFF breakdown:

I went back and watched the last half of that game, it was pretty brutal.

Matthews is struggling.

Quote:Matthews is struggling both as a pass blocker and as a run blocker. He is currently ranked 57th out of 58 eligible tackles in Pass Blocking Efficiency; allowing 18 total pressures on 175 pass blocking snaps. Matthews’ -15.3 cumulative overall PFF grade and  -7.8 Run Blocking grade both rank 70th out of 72 eligible tackles.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/20...truggling/

but but, Matthews, look at the bloodline

Not anymore from what I have been reading.

Joeckel is improving, thank goodness.

I survived the Gus Bradley Error.

Matthews has fallen on his face at this point in the season.

He's been at a level of awful rarely seen in the NFL.

Not saying Joeckel has been great, because he has not been.

But is clearly better than Matthews.

;

;

OP...?

Great test for Joekel this weekend, we'll find out if he really is progressing.

Great test for the entire offense, really.  I'm guessing its a teens to teens type score in a good one.

FWIW, I read somewhere that Matthews ankle is really limiting him, and he's having to just gut it out.

Joekel has looked better recently. he still seems to get overpowered in by strong rushers, but credit where due.

Now let's just hope he starts playing like a number two overall pick should.

I'm wondering how much the revolving door on the rest of the Falcons Offensive Line has been affecting Jake Matthews.    That unit has been hit ultra hard by injuries.

(This post was last modified: 10-26-2014, 11:19 AM by Achilles.)

After last week, Jake Matthews is rated dead last among all NFL tackles. per PFF

OP might want to redo his math

Coughlin when asked if winning will be a focus: "What the hell else is there? This is nice and dandy, but winning is what all this is about."

Had two early penalties today.

A&M has a highly rated tackle now. With the struggles of Joeckel and Matthews, I wonder if that will impact the grades on Ogbuehi.

Quote:Had two early penalties today.

A&M has a highly rated tackle now. With the struggles of Joeckel and Matthews, I wonder if that will impact the grades on Ogbuehi.

A&M is becoming the new Iowa. System guys who don't seem to excel in the NFL.

“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Over react much High Score?

http://www.ajc.com/news/sports/football/...ing/nhhrN/

I always thought Jake played better at RT.  He was good last year at LT but was better at RT imo.  Dude was lights out when he played RT