Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Roster Shake-Up

(This post was last modified: 09-17-2014, 11:59 PM by JagsFansince1995.)

This is mainly about offensive "musical chairs" so to speak, but what would be a good lineup besides what we already have to change the perspective of our attack.  Fisch is not rewriting the playbook during the season so what players should be in on certain or all plays that could change our statistics.  I was thinking maybe shake up the WRs depending on the route, down, and distance.  I like DRob over Toby for the outside runs but if the team is still believing in Todman then Drob needs a peptalk.  Also Blake will play when Blake plays so besides that obvious switch can i get some ideas from my fellow Jaguars fans on this topic.  What's your starting offense? Let's Debate!!!

Season Tix, Section 409

2023 and still counting.....SB will finally be ours soon enough.
TLaw aka 'the prince that was promised' supporter.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

The O line sucks and that isn't going to change any time soon so we have to get quicker.  You have to play Blake and Drob to compensate for that.  Henne and Gerhart would be much better suited for an O line that can control the line of scrimmage and push people around.  As for the wideouts, just having 3 healthy bodies would be nice.

Plain and simple, we have to get more speed and quickness at the RB spot.

Gerhart is not an NFL running back.

My ideal starting line-up:

QB: Bortles

RB: Robinson

WR: Shorts, Hurns (if healthy), Lee, AR15, Brown

TE: Harbor, Jensen

LT: Joeckel

LG: Beadles

C: Bowanko

RG: Linder

RT: Pasztor

MLB: Poz

OLB: Hayes, Reynolds

CB: Ball, Gratz, McCray, Blackmon

FS: Evans

SS: Cyprien

Who the heck is AR15? Not on a device I can easily look up the roster.

Allen Robinson

Thanks! I know the name, of course, just couldn't place in context. I really wish people would just go by names instead of all of these nicknames. It just feels lazy to me. I place the blame fully on whoever started calling Ben Affleck and Jennifer Lopez 'Bennifer' back in the day. I guess I'm just old fashioned that way.

Quote:My ideal starting line-up:

This lineup would be ideal but everyone seems to hate Evans and loves Guy.  I know that we can patch and draft lineman in FA and the draft as long as we keep a solid core roster overall.  I've been reading how Gus preaches play the best players. I've also  heard him say a couple of times that the lineup he feels is best is what we have been starting with.   I don't believe that, but i can't argue with the coaches.

Season Tix, Section 409

Quote:Thanks! I know the name, of course, just couldn't place in context. I really wish people would just go by names instead of all of these nicknames. It just feels lazy to me. I place the blame fully on whoever started calling Ben Affleck and Jennifer Lopez 'Bennifer' back in the day. I guess I'm just old fashioned that way.

lol. funny guy

Quote:My ideal starting line-up:

JW would like you to know that you left out the defensive line. Everyone knows that they are the ones on the field who go up against the offensive live.

Quote:JW would like you to know that you left out the defensive line. Everyone knows that they are the ones on the field who go up against the offensive live.

Hah, I wouldn't change it so I forgot to list it.

Quote:Plain and simple, we have to get more speed and quickness at the RB spot.

Gerhart is not an NFL running back.

Not only big and slow....but surprisingly easy for opponents to bring down.

Looking at him preseason I thought we had a beast. After two games.....not so much.

"Stay tight, stay close. Great things are going to continue to happen for this football team."  - Doug Peterson

Quote:Not only big and slow....but surprisingly easy for opponents to bring down.

Looking at him preseason I thought we had a beast. After two games.....not so much.
I cant just blame Toby for that.  He has been used on run plays designed for a running back with a different skill set.  Toby, like other posters have said, is a between the tackles back.  If we had a decent to half you know what passing attack then he would shine more.

Season Tix, Section 409