Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Tavares King?

Quote:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tavarres_King

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="NYC4jags" data-cid="295106" data-time="1411054609">
<div>

He's obviously  a guy that Caldwell and/or scouting department had paid attention to in the 2013 draft  -  so when he became available they took a shot.  Given all of the injuries at WR it's not a surprise.  The only interesting thing to me is that Kerry Taylor could have been elevated from our PS and he knows the playbook.  That tells me there is something they genuinely like about King.   

He's fast. (4.40 - 40 yard dash at combine. )  He was drafted in the 5th round (161st) by Denver in 2013. 

From a GA dawgs blog before the '13 draft:

<div style="margin:1em -15px;text-align:center;color:rgb(41,41,41);font-family:'Mercury SSm A', 'Mercury SSm B', Georgia, serif;font-size:16px;">
<div> 
</div>
<p style="color:rgb(41,41,41);font-family:'Mercury SSm A', 'Mercury SSm B', Georgia, serif;font-size:16px;"> 

<div> 
</div>

</div>

</div>
</blockquote>
I wonder why we didn't pursue him when he was waived by Denver?

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Did they add kerry taylor from the practice squad ?

Seems like a no brainer at least he's in the system.

Quote:Where has TMD been BTW? I just realized there haven't been many high-jacked posts lately.

Perhaps he burnt his fingers in the deep fryer and can't type for awhile.
Make the Jags Great Again
Blake Bortles......YOU'RE FIRED!
Dave Caldwell.....YOU'RE FIRED!

They need to lock this dude in a room until 1:00 pm Sunday.

Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

King had a decent preseason in Carolina. I'm a huge Carolina fan and he was one of two guys left at WR after Gettleman cleaned house with Smith, Ginn, LaFell, and Hixon leaving. Smith is doing well, Ginn is ok, everyone on this board has as many catches as LaFell with Brady throwing to him, and Hixon retired with injury. We were hoping to keep him on the PS to develop him a little more but I'm happy for him to get a shot sooner. He's no slouch but he has a better shot at playing in Jacksonville than Charlotte.

Quote:I almost posted something similar to the OP and then I thought that Stephen hill is so irrelevant that I was just wasting my time.

Stephen Hill does sound good honestly.

If you think I offended you, don't worry, I meant to. #facts 
  [Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT-niWtlPRPNH5-2ykTqoe...WzIFU7AJaZ]
#iamlegend

Quote:I wonder why we didn't pursue him when he was waived by Denver?

Not sure. Was J Blackmon still active when King was waived in late Oct. 2013?  (maybe suspended but coming back soon?) 

Blackmon,Shorts, Sanders seemed like it might be a nice long term trio at the time IIRC. 

Quote:Stephen Hill does sound good honestly.
Wut?

Quote:Wut?

Water

If you think I offended you, don't worry, I meant to. #facts 
  [Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT-niWtlPRPNH5-2ykTqoe...WzIFU7AJaZ]
#iamlegend

Quote:Water
Yes, people say it's wet, but then i think people miss what wet means.