Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Justin Blackmon - new drug policy

The whole NFL drug policy sets a player with an issue up for failure. Instead of allowing them to remain in contact with the team, life coach, and chaplain, they are locked out from the very folks that can provide influence and a positive, professional direction. I think it would be a different situation if Blackmon, as a player under contract to a team, could have received mandated in-house treatment with encouragement from the coaches and team. Instead he was left leaning on familiar friends and returning to an environment that already led to trouble in college.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:I don't get whats so hard to understand that JB was banned in 2013, and this new program only applies to 2014 bans.  All of the people getting unsuspended were in 2014 AND would have tested under the new limit. 

Exactly. The NFL did everything in its power to return Wes Welker and only Wes Welker, but a few other players benefited from the change too.

"Why should I give information to you when all you want to do is find something wrong with it?"

Quote:If it's true, one thing we know for sure is that Blackmon isn't much of a planner, so odds are he hasn't even thought about this. Of course, being a state football hero might open a few doors regardless of his background.

Wasn't Ryan Leaf coaching HS football a few years back?

Something tells me Blackmon could probably find a job somewhere.

Quote:Hey guys! I'm from oklahoma and a huge osu fan. Just wanted to shed a little light on this situation. JB is back at school here in oklahoma pursuing his degree. He wants to be a HS football coach apparently. According to a few people that attend classes with him he has little to no interest in playing football professionally. It lost its fun when it became a job.

take it for what its worth but i wouldn't expect a return.

If that's true then I'm glad for him and wish him well.

Also I found this link that (finally) someone includes him in the report. Its of profootballtalk.com so somewhat of a legit source.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/201...-blackmon/

Thanks for the posters who helped me get my doubts out of the way.

Lucky

Quote:The team has indicated that's not the case.  Let's see where things stand once he's eligible to apply for reinstatement before we make that determination.

Agreed...

NH3...
"AZANE"

For some reason if it's nothing but Hope, I feel that B14CKMON will continue to be a Jaguar. The only fear that I have is his physical readiness. His play making ability will be extremely valuable to our Young Rookie Receivers...

Just Sayn...

NH3...
"AZANE"

I thought for a while that maybe he didn't want to come back again and was just done. But he has come across as a guy who like to keep to himself so it'd probably be easier for him to just retire if that were the case. Then people would leave him alone. I expect he'll file for reinstatement, actually being reinstated is a different matter though.

Quote:Hey guys! I'm from oklahoma and a huge osu fan. Just wanted to shed a little light on this situation. JB is back at school here in oklahoma pursuing his degree. He wants to be a HS football coach apparently. According to a few people that attend classes with him he has little to no interest in playing football professionally. It lost its fun when it became a job.

take it for what its worth but i wouldn't expect a return.

He had no problem being drafted in the top 5 and taking money from the team, but now that he's been exposed as a moron, he wants to quit. Good riddance loser, I hope no school decides they want a drug addict teaching their students.
Make the Jags Great Again
Blake Bortles......YOU'RE FIRED!
Dave Caldwell.....YOU'RE FIRED!

Quote:I thought for a while that maybe he didn't want to come back again and was just done. But he has come across as a guy who like to keep to himself so it'd probably be easier for him to just retire if that were the case. Then people would leave him alone. I expect he'll file for reinstatement, actually being reinstated is a different matter though.
If he does indeed apply for reinstatement, I get the sense that he's granted an opportunity to do so. 

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

I read the title and thought Justin Blackmon had just developed his own personal policy, like 'hey, no weed on Tuesdays'

He's a stoner and prison designer,  that's his new career. :wacko:

Quote:He's a stoner and prison designer,  that's his new career. :wacko:
JB doesn't do drugs anymore...

...or any less.

If he has no passion for football then why would he want to become a coach. I think these allegations from the Okie are made up.

We have a team to support and a season to play.

Forget him, ....he's done,........ Kaput!

Please leave the JB stuff at the door.....he's never ,ever coming back.

Forget about it!

"Stay tight, stay close. Great things are going to continue to happen for this football team."  - Doug Peterson

He loves me! He'll be back! Just you wait and see!!