Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Henne, Young, and Bowanko start on Sunday

Quote:I hope you're kidding but I bet you're not. This is part of the reason why some people consider our fan base to be such a joke.

Our fan base is not a joke for any reason...we've been fed a crap sandwich for 10 years and told that it's going to get better....tough for fans to take it.  The team is the only joke in the city.  Certainly not the fans. 

One of these years.............

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:This team doesn't deserve patience from their fans.  We've been patient long enough.  It's funny....Philly boos their playoff team after 1 half of bad play, and we still are told we need to have patient and be supportive.  I feel like I'm taking freaking crazy pills!
You're right.  Fans should cascade this team with boos from the moment they enter the stadium, and not let up for the entire game.  That will really show them. 

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

Quote:Our fan base is not a joke for any reason...we've been fed a crap sandwich for 10 years and told that it's going to get better....tough for fans to take it.  The team is the only joke in the city.  Certainly not the fans. 

This front office hasn't been around for 10 years, and neither has this owner.  If you can't let go of what transpired before this group arrived, then you are indeed confirming the joke status. 

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Quote:You're right.  Fans should cascade this team with boos from the moment they enter the stadium, and not let up for the entire game.  That will really show them. 

If that's how they feel, then dang right they should.

One of these years.............

Quote:I hope you're kidding but I bet you're not. This is part of the reason why some people consider our fan base to be such a joke.

No it isn't.  Our fan base is considered a joke because of blackouts several years ago and tarps on seats.

(This post was last modified: 09-17-2014, 09:41 AM by JagsFanClubOfMD.)

How does booing a horrible team make the fan base a joke?

Quote:You're right.  Fans should cascade this team with boos from the moment they enter the stadium, and not let up for the entire game.  That will really show them. 

Say what you want, but a cascading stadium of boos can't make Shad Khan happy and make Gus look like more of a fool to the rest of the NFL than he already looks like.

The headlines will be magical. I can imagine you sitting back with your arms crossed with a confident "I trust Gus" smirk on your face as the scoreboard reads 35-7.

Quote:i don't even see how people live to such an age. i'm struggling at 12. life's hard mayne.

now tell me again, why can you not detect obvious sarcasm? (SERIOUS)
See now, if you would only use some of those capital letters in the proper spots you would not come off as an uneducated child.

Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

Quote:Say what you want, but a cascading stadium of boos can't make Shad Khan happy and make Gus look like more of a fool to the rest of the NFL than he already looks like.

The headlines will be magical. I can imagine you sitting back with your arms crossed with a confident "I trust Gus" smirk on your face as the scoreboard reads 35-7.
i think we will win by 28, too!!!!!

JAGS ARE BAKE

Quote:Our fan base is not a joke for any reason...we've been fed a crap sandwich for 10 years and told that it's going to get better....tough for fans to take it.  The team is the only joke in the city.  Certainly not the fans. 

There are two dynamics at work on the board right now, and you need to understand it.

There are those that dislike what the team is doing, and they make their displeasure know and directed toward the team. Those are the people you see posting about how they want to boo the team right from the start.

The other dynamic are people like hb1148 and FBT who turn their feelings of anger at the team toward other posters on the message board, trying to imply that they're bad fans, or that the failings of the team aren't really the failings of the team, and are instead the failings of those fans who direct their ire at the team.

Quote:Say what you want, but a cascading stadium of boos can't make Shad Khan happy and make Gus look like more of a fool to the rest of the NFL than he already looks like.

people booing at home games is nothing new for them unfortunately

(This post was last modified: 09-17-2014, 09:44 AM by jags_r_bake.)

Quote:See now, if you would only use some of those capital letters in the proper spots you would not come off as an uneducated child.
the internet is very serious business, mike. i am trying to learn the capitalization but my mom does not let me go to school because she feels it is the devil.

but everything's the devil to here.

mike

Quote:There are two dynamics at work on the board right now, and you need to understand it.

There are those that dislike what the team is doing, and they make their displeasure know and directed toward the team. Those are the people you see posting about how they want to boo the team right from the start.

The other dynamic are people like hb1148 and FBT who turn their feelings of anger at the team toward other posters on the message board, trying to imply that they're bad fans, or that the failings of the team aren't really the failings of the team, and are instead the failings of those fans who direct their ire at the team.
Dr. Phil has spoken. 

Quote:Dr. Phil has spoken. 

You just proved what he said.

I see this thread is going to be very high quality

Boo your lungs out.  Guess what's going to happen as a result?  You'll go home voiceless, and nothing else will change.  You're really sending them a message. 

Quote:No, I think that mainly has to do with the quality of the product on the field.

Well if you bought a ticket, it's your right to boo them as soon as they come onto the field. Hey, you can even cheer for Indy if you want too. That's not how I'd define support though.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

Quote:Dr. Phil has spoken. 

Right on cue.

Quote:I see this thread is going to be very high quality
i agree, lee. the highest of quality. armani will be 'mirin.

Quote:You just proved what he said.

Not really.  The truth of the matter is, people who take every roster move a team makes personally have bigger issues.  Those who don't?  Not so much.   So, when you're frothing at the bit because the team isn't playing a guy you want in there, and your response to that is to pitch a tantrum like a 5 year old child deluding yourself into thinking that will somehow have an impact, all you're doing is looking silly. 

It's your prerogative to look ridiculous, just as it's mine to point that out.