Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Henne, Young, and Bowanko start on Sunday

There's always a chance the team could put together a full game similar to the Philly 1st half.  This is the only thing that will stifle the discontent.  But I believe this to be very unlikely.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:There's always a chance the team could put together a full game similar to the Philly 1st half.  This is the only thing that will stifle the discontent.  But I believe this to be very unlikely.
That would certainly make the boos even more entertaining from my perspective. 

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

(This post was last modified: 09-17-2014, 09:53 AM by badger.)

Quote:There's always a chance the team could put together a full game similar to the Philly 1st half.  This is the only thing that will stifle the discontent.  But I believe this to be very unlikely.

extremely unlikely.  Foles is not really good in the pocket while Luck has good escapability and pocket presence.  I would NOT expect multiple sack fumbles Sunday.

In Gene We Trust!

One of these years.............

Quote:Well if you bought a ticket, it's your right to boo them as soon as they come onto the field. Hey, you can even cheer for Indy if you want too. That's not how I'd define support though.

Well, clearly you're a fan who likes to direct your ANGER at other fans instead of channeling it toward the team.

Of course, it couldn't be possible that you're not angry at all, especially not angry enough to throw a tantrum because the team isn't making the roster decisions you think they should. 

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Quote:extremely unlikely.  Foles is not really good in the pocket while Luck has good escapability and pocket presence.  I would NOT expect multiple sack fumbles Sunday.
i go in to every game assuming we will cause a sack/fumble or interception every drop back, billy mays. what's so wrong with that?

Quote:There are two dynamics at work on the board right now, and you need to understand it.

There are those that dislike what the team is doing, and they make their displeasure know and directed toward the team. Those are the people you see posting about how they want to boo the team right from the start.

The other dynamic are people like hb1148 and FBT who turn their feelings of anger at the team toward other posters on the message board, trying to imply that they're bad fans, or that the failings of the team aren't really the failings of the team, and are instead the failings of those fans who direct their ire at the team.

^^ :yes:  :yes:  :yes:  :yes: ^^

If you think I offended you, don't worry, I meant to. #facts 
  [Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT-niWtlPRPNH5-2ykTqoe...WzIFU7AJaZ]
#iamlegend

Quote:Well, clearly you're a fan who likes to direct your ANGER at other fans instead of channeling it toward the team.

Of course, it couldn't be possible that you're not angry at all, especially not angry enough to throw a tantrum because the team isn't making the roster decisions you think they should.

I always felt that the booers must be assuming that booing is the most effective way to make the team play better. ;-)
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

Quote:Right on cue.
As was your dime store psychoanalysis. 

The reality is that it's quite possible there are some folks here who aren't angry at all because they don't take roster moves personally.  That couldn't be possible, right?  I mean, fans must act like they've been personally wronged or victimized when the team doesn't do exactly what they want, right?  That's perfectly rational in your world, right?

Quote:As was your dime store psychoanalysis. 

The reality is that it's quite possible there are some folks here who aren't angry at all because they don't take roster moves personally.  That couldn't be possible, right?  I mean, fans must act like they've been personally wronged or victimized when the team doesn't do exactly what they want, right?  That's perfectly rational in your world, right?

Still trying to get out of that hole by digging deeper, are you?

Quote:I always felt that the booers must be assuming that booing is the most effective way to make the team play better. ;-)
More power to them.  In the end, they're going to wind up being disappointed. 

The funny thing is with the offensive line once again being reshuffled, putting Bortles in there and running the risk of injury behind a completely untested group is completely logical to the malcontents.  If they put him out there and he got hurt behind that line, the same idiots would be howling about how stupid it was to put their best QB out there in that situation knowing it put him in harms way. 

Quote:Still trying to get out of that hole by digging deeper, are you?
There's no hole to dig out of, but I'm not surprised you don't get it. 

Quote:i go in to every game assuming we will cause a sack/fumble or interception every drop back, billy mays. what's so wrong with that?

then you'll be disappointed on 99% of plays

Quote:then you'll be disappointed on 99% of plays

i'm never disappointed. just less than satisfied. for example, i asked for two lbs of NY strips for dinner last night and my dad only made me 1.5 LBs. i wrecked in a 1-1 showdown of mud wrestling, and told him, since i was missing some satisfaction because he can't follow simple demands from his alpha son, i had to meet my satisfaction needs.

Quote:i'm never disappointed. just less than satisfied. for example, i asked for two lbs of NY strips for dinner last night and my dad only made me 1.5 LBs. i wrecked in a 1-1 showdown of mud wrestling, and told him, since i was missing some satisfaction because he can't follow simple demands from his alpha son, i had to meet my satisfaction needs.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

The Colts are coming off a tough Monday night game.  It's our first home game.  I actually think we could pull this off.  But if Luck lights us up like Cousins did it wont matter who the qb is...the boos will be relentless.

All you guys have to do

is BOLIEVE :thumbsup:

I was going to say that Bradshaw and Allen were going to light us up.

Cyp is back. So it won't be that bad.

But our offense is still a big question mark, with the swapping around oline, and the Henne still starting. Our extra blocker in Lewis is out too. So our TE position is at its weakest ever.

Clots are going to upset anyone looking for our first win of the season....In heartbreaking fashion. 16-12 clots win.

Quote:i'm never disappointed. just less than satisfied. for example, i asked for two lbs of NY strips for dinner last night and my dad only made me 1.5 LBs. i wrecked in a 1-1 showdown of mud wrestling, and told him, since i was missing some satisfaction because he can't follow simple demands from his alpha son, i had to meet my satisfaction needs.

may god have mercy on your soul

Quote:There are two dynamics at work on the board right now, and you need to understand it.

There are those that dislike what the team is doing, and they make their displeasure know and directed toward the team. Those are the people you see posting about how they want to boo the team right from the start.

The other dynamic are people like hb1148 and FBT who turn their feelings of anger at the team toward other posters on the message board, trying to imply that they're bad fans, or that the failings of the team aren't really the failings of the team, and are instead the failings of those fans who direct their ire at the team.

I think you missed the mark here. For me personally (since you mentioned me specifically) when the team does poorly, I'm disappointed but never angry. I never got the whole anger thing to begin with which is silly and counter productive. If you're angry and emotional about the team, you're not going to be able to analyze what they're doing very well. (This has certainly been proven out!)

When people who call themselves fans attack the team I do get a little defensive, sure because this is the team I support. (Try going to a Pittsburgh neighborhood and yelling "Steelers suck!" and you might understand what I'm talking about.) Finally, when I read something I disagree with, I'll generally argue. I don't worry overmuch whether you get your feelings hurt in the process. Grow some thicker skin is my suggestion.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.