Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Henne, Young, and Bowanko start on Sunday

To all the prospective honey boo boos. I would humbly suggest that you go to the facility today and meet the players as they leave to go home and boo them there. That way you will be assured that you are getting 100% return on your boos. I mean what good is your boo when mixed up with everyone else? How can you get any satisfaction when you don't actually know the players or intended targets of you boos heard them? Make them count dammit, do it face to face.

I'm going to sneak in to a team meeting and wake Joeckel up with a stream of boos.

Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:To all the prospective honey boo boos. I would humbly suggest that you go to the facility today and meet the players as they leave to go home and boo them there. That way you will be assured that you are getting 100% return on your boos. I mean what good is your boo when mixed up with everyone else? How can you get any satisfaction when you don't actually know the players or intended targets of you boos heard them? Make them count dammit, do it face to face.

I'm going to sneak in to a team meeting and wake Joeckel up with a stream of boos.

Spending money on tickets and boos are how fans can be heard. Since there are no refunds, boos are the only thing left.

Quote:I think you missed the mark here. For me personally (since you mentioned me specifically) when the team does poorly, I'm disappointed but never angry. I never got the whole anger thing to begin with which is silly and counter productive. If you're angry and emotional about the team, you're not going to be able to analyze what they're doing very well. (This has certainly been proven out!)

When people who call themselves fans attack the team I do get a little defensive, sure because this is the team I support. (Try going to a Pittsburgh neighborhood and yelling "Steelers suck!" and you might understand what I'm talking about.) Finally, when I read something I disagree with, I'll generally argue. I don't worry overmuch whether you get your feelings hurt in the process. Grow some thicker skin is my suggestion.

I used you as the example of the phenomenon I was talking about, which was labeling someone voicing displeasure with the team as the problem.

People have a right to be disappointed, and a natural tendency to want to voice their displeasure wherever they can be heard. I think of it as a form of catharsis.

Even implying that it in any way makes someone, or some fanbase a joke for them to want to release their feelings about the team in a place and way that isn't dangerous to anyone makes them bad or lowers the fan base is unwarranted.

Let people that want to boo go ahead and boo, and it's okay if they do.

Quote:Spending money on tickets and boos are how fans can be heard. Since there are no refunds, boos are the only thing left.
I understand. I think my suggestion would add value to your boos, that's all I'm saying. Why wait until game day?

Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

Quote:I used you as the example of the phenomenon I was talking about, which was labeling someone voicing displeasure with the team as the problem.

People have a right to be disappointed, and a natural tendency to want to voice their displeasure wherever they can be heard. I think of it as a form of catharsis.

Even implying that it in any way makes someone, or some fanbase a joke for them to want to release their feelings about the team in a place and way that isn't dangerous to anyone makes them bad or lowers the fan base is unwarranted.

Let people that want to boo go ahead and boo, and it's okay if they do.

It's wierd to me that people go to the game planning to boo but I agree that it's their right to do it. I also encouraged StroudCrowd he should cheer for Indy if it makes him feel better about the Jags. It's not a choice I would make.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

Quote:It's wierd to me that people go to the game planning to boo but I agree that it's their right to do it. I also encouraged StroudCrowd he should cheer for Indy if it makes him feel better about the Jags. It's not a choice I would make.

Sure, I wouldn't do it either, but voicing displeasure with the team doesn't make someone a joke, and it doesn't make the fanbase a joke.

The team has been a joke over the last 7 seasons, but the fanbase has been really good considering the situation of the team and the economy.

Quote:Spending money on tickets and boos are how fans can be heard. Since there are no refunds, boos are the only thing left.

Don't be scared

Quote:Picked up the Colts D and starting them on my fantasy team.

In the process if doing this myself. Was waiting for the Henne confirmation.
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

Quote:It's wierd to me that people go to the game planning to boo but I agree that it's their right to do it. I also encouraged StroudCrowd he should cheer for Indy if it makes him feel better about the Jags. It's not a choice I would make.

When did I ever imply I would cheer for Indy? Because I picked up their defense in fantasy football? That is just a business and logical decision. Nothing personal.

But why would you boo them?  They only make the right decisions on everything, and if you can't see that, then you're a bad fan.  They see things that we don't and therefore they know better than the ignorant fans.  They are smarter than you....and they know it!  Imagine, if they made the decisions the fans want, the team would be worse than the 6-28 record over the last 2+ years....That would be unacceptable in my opinion.

One of these years.............

Quote:Not really.  The truth of the matter is, people who take every roster move a team makes personally have bigger issues.  Those who don't?  Not so much.   So, when you're frothing at the bit because the team isn't playing a guy you want in there, and your response to that is to pitch a tantrum like a 5 year old child deluding yourself into thinking that will somehow have an impact, all you're doing is looking silly. 

It's your prerogative to look ridiculous, just as it's mine to point that out.

No, you're prerogative is to tow the company line, no matter what that is. (It seems you are wired that way.) I'd hope you are getting paid for your efforts. Point of fact, if it was Bortles out there struggling, you'd be saying exactly the same things. Critical thinking is not your forte, nor is football acumen. You need to understand it is possible for a former defensive coordinator and first-time head coach to be conceivably be making the wrong decision in regards to how to run the offense.

Quote:When did I ever imply I would cheer for Indy? Because I picked up their defense in fantasy football? That is just a business and logical decision. Nothing personal.

Fantasy football = business?

Somewhere in the past few years, I lost my passion to get too high or low during the games.  That said, I'll sit back and just enjoy the fact that we have a team.

I'll say it again. They better not do offense on player intros. It's really gonna get bad when Henne does his first Henne play. Watching this trash of a QB on tv is one thing, but watching him live in the stadium is another level of trash.

Quote:Fantasy football = business?

Fantasy football is serious business.

Anyway to get back on topic, I'll be very interested to see what impact the two new starters have on the OL play. This has been one of our most noticeable weaknesses in the first two games. Part of fixing the offense will be getting the running game going. I think we can do it this week which is partly why I think we pull tgis one out.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

Quote:Fantasy football = business?

The leagues I play in aren't free. I'll leave it at that.

Quote:The leagues I play in aren't free. I'll leave it at that.

then you're an idiot for gambling your money away

Quote:Fantasy football is serious business.

ya if you eat your boogers

Quote:then you're an idiot for gambling your money away

Wow. Is that really any of your business?