Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Bryan Anger "Bortles Won't Start For Awhile"

Quote:No, but they will give you free beer to enjoy the worlds largest score boards!
Where?

I would refrain for calling them "score"boards for a while..

[Image: Jason-The-Good-Place-Jaguars.png?w=472]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:A friend of mine's roommate is best friends with a girl who attends FSU who's boyfriend shared a dorm with Dekoda Watson, and he said that she said that she said that he said that he said that Snake Tortles will be a go-karting loon, because Chicken doesn't taste good.

I think something was lost in translation.

Makes more sense than trotting out ol' Chad Henne for 16 games...
Make the Jags Great Again
Blake Bortles......YOU'RE FIRED!
Dave Caldwell.....YOU'RE FIRED!

Quote:Where?

Last year they gave out 2 free beers each home game to lure people in. I'd imagine they'll do the same this year if people don't show up.

Quote:Where?

Lol

As much as they pumped this team up as much improved and getting better during the off season it is going to be hard to market the same way next season considering how badly the team has regressed. No way the fans trust this team if they can't turn things around, nor should there be any reason to.

This season may be bad but I have a feeling next could be much worse unrelated to the action on the field. The backlash is gonna be ugly.

Quote:Last year they gave out 2 free beers each home game to lure people in. I'd imagine they'll do the same this year if people don't show up.

And to think, all they have to do is start their 3rd pick.

Quote:And to think, all they have to do is start their 3rd pick.
He needs time to develop... I think he should sit out for another 3 years. We need pro bowl receivers and a pro bowl o-line to prevent him from getting sacked. We don't want him to lose faith and be mentally ruined forever

I think trotting out Henne to a fanfare of booing in the home opener isn't a good look.

Bortles will play

Quote:He needs time to develop... I think he should sit out for another 3 years. We need pro bowl receivers and a pro bowl o-line to prevent him from getting sacked. We don't want him to lose faith and be mentally ruined forever

We also need at least 5 Pro Bowlers on defense. We can't have the other team score too many points, or poor Blakey may lose confidence and be ruined forever.
Make the Jags Great Again
Blake Bortles......YOU'RE FIRED!
Dave Caldwell.....YOU'RE FIRED!

Quote:As much as they pumped this team up as much improved and getting better during the off season it is going to be hard to market the same way next season considering how badly the team has regressed. No way the fans trust this team if they can't turn things around, nor should there be any reason to.

This season may be bad but I have a feeling next could be much worse unrelated to the action on the field. The backlash is gonna be ugly.

"How badly the team has regressed"

Did you watch Jaguars' football last year or nah?

(This post was last modified: 09-17-2014, 12:13 AM by JagProphet.)

Quote:"How badly the team has regressed"

His statement is fair. We are horrible and we only showed 2 quarters of improvement and blew a 17-0 lead and have been outscored 75-10.

I do believe this team will start competing soon if Bortles is the QB.

We've converted 5 third downs (out of 27).  That's not an encouraging stat.

I was wrong about Trent Baalke. 

Surprisingly, I agree with him. Every year I think "there's no way we can get any worse, so we have to get better." Then the season comes and I cry.

Quote:You make me laugh. We need more of you around here.

Reality sucks sometimes and the truth hurts. At least he's trying to be funny when he's negative. Truth is the 2014 jaguars will be lucky to repeat 4-12 this season. Henne or Bortles, the rest of the team is too bad.

He starts week 5, count on it  :thumbsup:

Quote:He starts week 5, count on it.

I would love that.

Brian Anger doesn't know a thing.

Considering how often he out-kicks the coverage he should probably be more focused on other things.

THERE IS A SKELETON INSIDE OF YOU.

RIGHT NOW. THIS IS NOT A JOKE.

They're just repeating what the coaches have been saying all season (The Company Line).  You think Gus confides in the punter about what he's planning at quarterback?  They don't know anymore than we do.

If we actually go 2-14 or so and have the #1 pick in the draft,we would be staring at Jameis.What would teams give us to move up?

I did, and we had Gabbert at the helm. This team looks worse. Time will tell as the season goes on.