Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Young team, expect growing pains

Quote:The NFL is a parody league. Teams can go from awful to decent with free agency and a good draft. We busted big time in free agency, but people are in denial. With the cap room we have, there is really no reason we should be this awful and have the "growing pains" the OP is referring to.

Flame on homers.

Sorry, but that is funny. 

<i>….that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.</i>

(for what it's worth I'm very disappointed that this team is not competitive right now too - I'm just trying to keep a cool head and hope some of these young players are going to come around)

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:I've never been on the fence about who I think the better QB is. My opinion is as irrelevant as yours. That doesn't make me a closet Henne fan. It simply is recognition that unlike some of you, I don't claim to know better than those who are actually involved in the decision making process.
You don't have to know better (or even think you do) to have an opinion.  You just need the courage to express it.

When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

I understand growing pains, but missing that many assignments? That seems like they are unprepared and could be doing better. Even Miller sounded pissed and seemed to express they weren't taking it seriously (some players). To me that is concerning when it comes to the coaching staff. I expect growing pains, but none of us should expect what we saw on Sunday. It's just unacceptable.

Quote:Sorry, but that is funny. 

….that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

<a class="bbc_url" href='https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=G2y8Sx4B2Sk'>https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=G2y8Sx4B2Sk</a>
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

And I like Gus Bradley. I really, really want him to succeed because he is an easy coach to root for. But no other way to say it. Missing that many assignments is completely unacceptable and someone is not doing their job.

Quote:You don't have to know better (or even think you do) to have an opinion.  You just need the courage to express it.

Yes. It's truly courageous to express an opinion on an anonymous internet message board. Your keyboard is truly daunting.
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

(This post was last modified: 09-16-2014, 11:05 PM by Jerrad.)

Being young has nothing to do with not being able to tackle, catch or block. Those are the basics of football and our guys are failing to execute basic tasks. It's like other teams are acquiring their talent from the same pool of elite athletes and freaks of nature while we are constructing a team full of accountants and insurance salesmen. And you wanna tell me that when these guys are 2 or 3 years older they will suddenly know how to play football? Give me a break.
Make the Jags Great Again
Blake Bortles......YOU'RE FIRED!
Dave Caldwell.....YOU'RE FIRED!

Quote:Being young has nothing to do with not being able to tackle, catch or block

Actually - that particular one often comes with an understood learning curve for college players adapting to the NFL.  

Still - there have been way too many rookie mistakes. As evidenced by Bradley's very not positive response to reporter's questions about Lee and the receivers. 

It does not matter how bad or how lacking of simple fundamentals with this team.  There will always be apologist for it.   The team is pathetic.   I hope they can turn it around soon but have little hope of that happening.

[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

Spellcheck police active tonight.

Quote:Yes. It's truly courageous to express an opinion on an anonymous internet message board. Your keyboard is truly daunting.
Why the reticence?  You seem to have an opinion on everything else on this board.  

When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

Quote:Such drama queens we have around here.

You're one of the biggest, you feed it more than just about anyone here and have for years.  I'm not complaining about it because that doesn't cause any trouble for me but you're the pot calling the kettle black here in my opinion. 

Quote:I understand growing pains, but missing that many assignments? That seems like they are unprepared and could be doing better. Even Miller sounded [BAD WORD REMOVED] and seemed to express they weren't taking it seriously (some players). To me that is concerning when it comes to the coaching staff. I expect growing pains, but none of us should expect what we saw on Sunday. It's just unacceptable.

Quote:And I like Gus Bradley. I really, really want him to succeed because he is an easy coach to root for. But no other way to say it. Missing that many assignments is completely unacceptable and someone is not doing their job.

I agree with both of your posts.  I want Bradley to succeed so badly and I hope like hell that he does.  He's a good guy and as you said easy to root for. Last week was an embarrassment from a coaching standpoint.  That team looked like crap and that stems from him.  He's the head guy and that's on him.  I don't doubt that the team can come back from this and I hope at this point next year we're looking back at this having a good laugh while Bortles is tearing the league apart.

Gus Bradley will be doing the Del Rio shuffle after this season firing position coaches left and right acting like they're the problem. The in game blunders this dude has showed the past two years are alarming. Maybe he needs to "get better" before the rest of the team does. Caldwell should've waited on his buddy Roman and hired him. The new coach for Houston spotted Bradley a year of coaching and already has half the wins Bradley has.

Quote:Some people here don't seem to get that point.
FBT I think its going to get really ugly next Sunday. Their is going to be tremendous booing most likely. I will still be a Jags fan though and as much as we have been through in the last few years why jump off now.

GO JAGS!

(This post was last modified: 09-16-2014, 11:48 PM by Etdavis2006.)

I'm beginning to think the plan is to let the team suck and go through a slow progression of growth. Try to get a top 5 pick this year, then top 10, then top 15 so on and so fourth to load up on talent.

I know it sucks but I'm starting to think that's the plan. We don't want to end up like the clots; top qb and no talent. He can keep you good enough to win but never the whole thing. I think they are trying to get a farm stsytem going so I think it's best to just sit back and let it all take form.

Quote:I'm beginning to think the plan is to let the team suck and go through a slow progression of growth. Try to get a top 5 pick this year, then top 10, then top 15 so on and so fourth to load up on talent.

I know it sucks but I'm starting to think that's the plan. We don't want to end up like the clots; top qb and no talent. He can keep you good enough to win but never the whole thing. I think they are trying to get a farm stsytem going so I think it's best to just sit back and let it all take form.

You can get talent outside of the Top 10-15.  If you can't find talent in the first round... [Image: 56410d1404743925-how-use-car-dealership-...d-time.png]

I was wrong about Trent Baalke. 

Quote:I'm beginning to think the plan is to let the team suck and go through a slow progression of growth. Try to get a top 5 pick this year, then top 10, then top 15 so on and so fourth to load up on talent.

If thar were the plan, they can go ahead and move the team for all I care.

We're gonna need a bigger tarp...
Make the Jags Great Again
Blake Bortles......YOU'RE FIRED!
Dave Caldwell.....YOU'RE FIRED!

Quote:You can get talent outside of the Top 10-15. If you can't find talent in the first round... [Image: 56410d1404743925-how-use-car-dealership-...d-time.png]

True but I think of teams like the 49ers or old Steelers teams. They sucked a long Time and was able to acquire the best talent not just good talent. I think that's the idea. Get the hall of famer not the 4 time probowler. The best way to do it is to have the hightest draft selections

Quote:If thar were the plan, they can go ahead and move the team for all I care.

I'm not sure why you even spend money on this team honestly.