Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Is Chad Henne the Worst QB in Jaguar's Franchise History?

Quote:The fact that the question is even asked and pondered tells you all you need to know about our situation.
Excellent point.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:At least Leftwich had a career record of 24-20 (4 games over .500) as a Jag.

Henne will not approach anything near a .500 record for the Jags.

While this is true you must take into account that Leftwich was playing on a team that still had a bunch of guys drafted by TC and a few by Harris.  Henne has been dealing with guys drafted by Gene and now Dave.  With that said, Leftwich is probably better than Henne.  Then again, Henne was not the 7th overall pick of the draft.

I don't know if Henne would have had a better than 50% winning percentage if he had Fred Taylor and others on the team or not.  Actually, now that I think about it, I'm pretty sure that if he had a team with the running numbers and defense we put on the field during the Leftwich years then he would be over 50% in wins.

Dont kid yourself gabbert makes henne look like a pro bowler

Quote:While this is true you must take into account that Leftwich was playing on a team that still had a bunch of guys drafted by TC and a few by Harris.  Henne has been dealing with guys drafted by Gene and now Dave.  With that said, Leftwich is probably better than Henne.  Then again, Henne was not the 7th overall pick of the draft.

I don't know if Henne would have had a better than 50% winning percentage if he had Fred Taylor and others on the team or not.  Actually, now that I think about it, I'm pretty sure that if he had a team with the running numbers and defense we put on the field during the Leftwich years then he would be over 50% in wins.

I don't know about that, I just don't see it.

Two of Henne's biggest problems are that he just isn't very accurate with his throws and that there are throws he just can't make, like a fade pattern or timing pattern.

He just can't make those throws consistently.

When was the last time you saw Henne throw a receiver open or even throw the ball before the receiver got to the spot in a timing pattern?

If the QB just tries to wait until the receiver is wide open before even throwing the ball, he will not be a successful QB in the NFL.

The QB just doesn't have time to wait that long every play.

Henne is unsuccessful because he can NOT make enough of the throws necessary to be successful in the NFL.

More talent around Henne will help, but only so much.

Henne still has to be able to make certain types of throws to be successful.

At this point, he just isn't able to make those throws.

I survived the Gus Bradley Error.

Quote:I wish Henne or Gabbert were never apart of this franchise.  I still think Gabbert was THE worst QB is Jags history.  Henne is a close second.  Which is awesome because he is starting on Sunday! Wallbash

I wish Henne was never apart of this franchise.

Because of the circustance that Gabbert was brought into, I'm not going to fault him for being so horrible.

Henne is definitely THE worst. Quin had his moments and Trent never really got his fair shake.

But a really close second has to be Cleo Lemon.

If you think I offended you, don't worry, I meant to. #facts 
  [Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT-niWtlPRPNH5-2ykTqoe...WzIFU7AJaZ]
#iamlegend

Quote:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Jac...arterbacks

Read through the list of starting qb's and weep.  Chad Henne is probably our 4th best starting QB in history behind Brunell, Garrard, and Leftwich.

Thanks for the link.

I wouldn't rate him 4th best. In fact, I'd rate bottom-to-top Gabbert, McCown, and then Henne. Henne is worse than Gray, Martin, Johnson, Beuerlein, and Fiedler. He's probably worse than Quinn, although their problems were so different that it's hard to judge.

Edwards, Matthews, and Bouman didn't play enough to judge.

"Why should I give information to you when all you want to do is find something wrong with it?"

Quote:But a really close second has to be Cleo Lemon.

Signing failed Miami backups has really worked out well for this franchise.
Smile

"Why should I give information to you when all you want to do is find something wrong with it?"

I don't even know anymore. It's been a while since I've watched quality at the qb position in a jags uniform. I just enjoy watching Peyton and others play and hope my team can get more than 7 first downs.

One day our time will come.

Quote:Signing failed Miami backups has really worked out well for this franchise. Smile

Exactly. I was saying this when we signed Henne.

"Anybody remember Cleo Lemon? Why are we signing another Miami garbage QB?"

If you think I offended you, don't worry, I meant to. #facts 
  [Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT-niWtlPRPNH5-2ykTqoe...WzIFU7AJaZ]
#iamlegend