Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Is Chad Henne the Worst QB in Jaguar's Franchise History?

Quote:Henne is better than Gabbert and Quinn Grey. Don't forget Tim Couch.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Jac...arterbacks

Read through the list of starting qb's and weep.  Chad Henne is probably our 4th best starting QB in history behind Brunell, Garrard, and Leftwich.

One of these years.............

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

The fact that the question is even asked and pondered tells you all you need to know about our situation.

Quote:Where does Henne go? 

Is he below Steve Matthews and Johnathan Quinn? Maybe slightly above Trent Edwards?

Gus said Gabbert is better so he must be below him.

Henne isn't better than Quinn Gray.

Definitely not better than Leftwich, Garrard, Brunell or Buerlien. 

Thoughts? 
Are you kidding me?  This thread cant be real ...

do you remeber Blaine Gabbert?

He is bad, Gabbs was worse. I would say he is most likely the worst starting QB in the league at this time though.

Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

He's ranked #27th in the NFL with an 81.8 rating thanks to Hurns... so I'm sure after this game he'll get worse...

The team has a bad QB, but its not the only teams problem.  I feel as if all these threads and posts about Chad give the impression that it'll all be sunshine, smiles and rainbows if Blake Bortles gets the start...

maybe at first but if they dont fix the Defense DBs, the running game, and blocking things arent going to get that much better by replacing one guy.

he's just a guy...

Until such time that this team can scorch an opponent that is loading the box and blitzing repeatedly with screens, scrambles intermediate to long passes the game plan vs. the Jags will remain the same. A good o-line cannot hold up to such constant pressure not to mention our extremely inexperienced guys up front. Henne simply cannot be counted on to ever bail them out, he just can't.

Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

Quote:C'mon man. Gabbert may be the worst qb in NFL history. Henne ain't nothing special but he ain't Gabbert.

This although my evaluation is a bit more positive. On a good team, Henne would be an average performer but he will generally not be able to carry a very bad team because of some athletic limitations he has. Far better than Gabbert or Gray.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

Gabbert was the worst quarterback in the history of this franchise. He became famous (infamous?) for his ineptitude. No other quarterback with this team has garnered that kind of negative publicity. He (Gabbert) clearly wasn't ready for the NFL game, even if he had the 'physical' abilities. Then there's Chad Henne...

Chad is a backup quarterback. He's a game manager. He's the guy you send in when your franchise quarterback is out or injured. He can occasionally step outside of his normal 'comfort range' of ability and make some huge down field plays; but as a rule, he tends first toward short 'check down' throws. Chad doesn't have a hugely powerful arm. He isn't very fast. He tends to lock his eyes on his intended target rather than 'look off' defenders. He has trouble getting rid of the ball in 3 seconds or less; no doubt a byproduct of his staring at his intended target. He isn't a fragile quarterback though; he can (and has) taken a lot of physical abuse. This is a good thing given his short-comings and a not-so-good offensive line. What's more, he is intelligent. This is not a person who will embarrass the franchise or the city with off field antics. He is a family man. I like Chad and I'm glad he's a Jaguar. I just wish he wasn't our starting quarterback...

I y'ams who I y'ams and thats all I y'ams...

I agree Blaine Gabbert was the worst QB of the franchise history but least we forget that on several occasions he did beat out Chad Henne as the starting QB.  That being said for the last two seasons Chad Henne has been the starting QB and has stunk it up pretty bad, but he's QB rating alone is still higher than that of Gabbert.  Its close but Gabbert is still the worst.

(This post was last modified: 09-16-2014, 09:52 AM by iapetus.)

In 2012 (the last year when the two threw enough passes to be measured, Football Outsiders' stats had them neck and neck - depending on which of their rating stats you used, they were 32nd and 33rd or 34th and 33rd. By QBR, Gabbert was actually as high as 30th, with Henne a shouldn't-be-starting-in-this-league 34th.

This week, they say of Henne:

Quote:Henne was sacked 10 times, the most of any quarterback since Greg McElroy for the Jets in 2012. He did not pick up a first down until the Jags were down by 21 points in the second quarter, and only had four first downs on the day. On first and second downs, he went 9-of-20 for 55 yards with one first down, one interception, and four sacks. You know, maybe it wasn't Blaine Gabbert's fault after all.
Really, any discussion of whether Henne is better than Gabbert or Gabbert is better than Henne is entirely moot. You don't want either of them starting at quarterback for you. Ever.

Gabbert was the worst by far. He would have found a way to get sacked 15 times Sunday. Henne stinks as much as the rest of the offense and does nothing to improve it.

No pain, no gain.

Quote:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Jac...arterbacks

Read through the list of starting qb's and weep.  Chad Henne is probably our 4th best starting QB in history behind Brunell, Garrard, and Leftwich.

That is one heck of a list.

Henne, Leftwich and Bouman are similar guys.  By that I mean that they are capable as NFL backup QB's but they really are not starting quality QB's.  Sure they each got a chance to start at some point in their careers but in reality their talent and mental understanding of the game limited them.

Garrard is better than those three and Brunell is obviously the best we've had to date.

Gabbert is hands down the absolute worst QB we've ever started.  He might actually worse than some guys who never played a down for us at the position but were on the team as camp arms.  He is the epitome of the adage "Tarzan Monday-Saturday, Jane on Sunday.  Sadly we moved up in the draft to get him.  Does everyone remember who Washington got for the pick we traded?  Kerrigan, the guy who sacked Henny 4 times on Sunday.  Thank you GM Gene.

Gabbert is the worst qb in nfl history and henne was his "mentor"

Now hopefully Blake isnt paying attention or learning anything from Chad

Tim Couch's arm was detached already and he never played a real game...  Tim Couch was the last QB to take the Browns to the playoffs Smile 

He laughs at Chad Henne...  Couch's career was over when he had his arm ripped out and leg broken at Cleveland.

Quote:Tim Couch's arm was detached already and he never played a real game...  Tim Couch was the last QB to take the Browns to the playoffs Smile

He laughs at Chad Henne...  Couch's career was over when he had his arm ripped out and leg broken at Cleveland.

Didn't the fans cheer Couch when he got hurt?

Or am I thinking about another QB?

I survived the Gus Bradley Error.

Quote:That is one heck of a list.

Henne, Leftwich and Bouman are similar guys.  By that I mean that they are capable as NFL backup QB's but they really are not starting quality QB's.  Sure they each got a chance to start at some point in their careers but in reality their talent and mental understanding of the game limited them.

Garrard is better than those three and Brunell is obviously the best we've had to date.

Gabbert is hands down the absolute worst QB we've ever started.  He might actually worse than some guys who never played a down for us at the position but were on the team as camp arms.  He is the epitome of the adage "Tarzan Monday-Saturday, Jane on Sunday.  Sadly we moved up in the draft to get him.  Does everyone remember who Washington got for the pick we traded?  Kerrigan, the guy who sacked Henny 4 times on Sunday.  Thank you GM Gene.

At least Leftwich had a career record of 24-20 (4 games over .500) as a Jag.

Henne will not approach anything near a .500 record for the Jags.

I survived the Gus Bradley Error.

Quote:Goobert may be the worst PLAYER in NFL history.

This, he is one of the worst players I've seen at this level, truly ineffective QB play.

Quote:C'mon man. Gabbert may be the worst qb in NFL history. Henne ain't nothing special but he ain't Gabbert.
Exactly.  We don't agree on much, but on this we do.  Henne isn't nearly as bad as people are trying to spin this up to be.  They're simply ignoring the Gabbert era in order to stoke their Henne hate. 

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

It has to be Puke McCown. Gabbert beat him out. Gabbs actually showed potential at some times, then someone on the sideline stood too close to him and he freaked and went fetal the rest of his career. Sucks, I remember watching the Saints Jags game back in '11 at BWW surrounded by obnoxious Saints fans. After that game several of them were talking about how Gabbert was going to be a good QB. My, Saints fans are sometimes not smart.
"Expect for the best. Prepare for the worst. Capitalize on what comes."

Quote:It has to be Puke McCown. Gabbert beat him out. Gabbs actually showed potential at some times, then someone on the sideline stood too close to him and he freaked and went fetal the rest of his career. Sucks, I remember watching the Saints Jags game back in '11 at BWW surrounded by obnoxious Saints fans. After that game several of them were talking about how Gabbert was going to be a good QB. My, Saints fans are sometimes not smart.

Good call. Also, for the people who say Steve Mathews not even close. He actually *was* good in his one and only start. ;-)
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.