Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Is cyprien our best player?

Quote:First off, PFF ratings of LBs is way off. Marvin Lewis said as much.

It seems like the scheme, rather than the individual players, is the big problem with the TE coverage. The receptions all all appear to be in the area where the LB hands off coverage to the safety.

As far as Cyp being the best player, he's good, but I think it's more the matter of the backups being bad. Cyp >> Prosinski, but Anyone >> Prosinski.

Ya, we have been getting killed in the seam of our zone coverage.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:For what it's worth, PFF graded Evans pretty high for his play yesterday (+3.3).....basically said he was the only member of the secondary that didn't look lost.  And, interestingly, Poz's grades were terrible.
That's because Poz is slow as hell. He has the right mind for the mlb but his feet are too heavy. If he had Telvin Smith speed he'd be top 2 linebacker in the league. But he doesn't. 

Quote:Poz is what he is, a 2 down linebacker that struggles in coverage (as he has for years) and doesn't offer anything pass rush wise.

But he looks like Thor so he must be good.

This D needs to talent to compete with offenses of the 2014, not 1975. 

Is Cyp our best player? No. Is he the most important player on D? It sure looks like it. When back there, the big plays and busted coverages seemed to be limited.

If someone has already mentioned this than i apologize. Cyp's impact on this D reminds me of Bob Sanders' impact on the Colts D years back. Do ya'll recall how bad that Colts D was with him out? They were as porous as we are now with out Cyp. His absence was a big reason Taylor/Drew/Pearman put up almost 500 yards rushing that one game during the year that the Colts won the SB(I dont remember if Bob came back in for their playoff run). It seems that we're built the same way in some regard. I think we have more beef up front but we're both built to pin the ears back and get at the QB. Our issue is we dont have the O right now to allow our D to do what we do best. Maybe im wrong but imo, I see a parallel between both D's and the Safeties that made/make these D's. It may be safe to say Cyp make the biggest impact on the performance of our D.
"Life is tough; it's tougher when you're stupid." -John Wayne

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:If someone has already mentioned this than i apologize. Cyp's impact on this D reminds me of Bob Sanders' impact on the Colts D years back. Do ya'll recall how bad that Colts D was with him out? They were as porous as we are now with out Cyp. His absence was a big reason Taylor/Drew/Pearman put up almost 500 yards rushing that one game during the year that the Colts won the SB(I dont remember if Bob came back in for their playoff run). It seems that we're built the same way in some regard. I think we have more beef up front but we're both built to pin the ears back and get at the QB. Our issue is we dont have the O right now to allow our D to do what we do best. Maybe im wrong but imo, I see a parallel between both D's and the Safeties that made/make these D's. It may be safe to say Cyp make the biggest impact on the performance of our D.
You are correct about Bob.

Without him, they had an all time bad run defense.

When he came back during their playoff run, they were barely giving up 100 rush yards per playoff game.

He's a big reason they have a Super Bowl...
Making up

Evidence

Depending on

Information

Available