Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Is cyprien our best player?

Quote:As soon as he went down our defense died,many big plays given up by prosinsky/evans

Dunno if he's our best player but the proof is in the pudding. Clearly he is way more important to the defense than a lot of people thought. Need to get better players to back him up too!
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Poz's PFF number against Philly wasn't real good, either. 

Just looking at PFF's numbers, I think the D is suffering from mediocre play from guys from which we were expecting more.  Last year, the D benefited from our two journeyman corners, Ball and Blackmon, playing above expectations.  So, the expectation for 2014 was that we'd get at least that level of performance from them, if not a little improvement.  Instead, according to the stats, they're playing like journeymen again.

Then, you have Poz, who is no journeyman, playing like one, if you take PFF's stats as gospel, which I'm not saying anyone should do, necessarily.

Best players:  Poz, Clemons, Bryant, Marks

Worst Players:  Bradfield, McClendon, Guy, Prosinski

(This post was last modified: 09-15-2014, 03:56 PM by badger.)

Quote:Poz's PFF number against Philly wasn't real good, either. 

Just looking at PFF's numbers, I think the D is suffering from mediocre play from guys from which we were expecting more.  Last year, the D benefited from our two journeyman corners, Ball and Blackmon, playing above expectations.  So, the expectation for 2014 was that we'd get at least that level of performance from them, if not a little improvement.  Instead, according to the stats, they're playing like journeymen again.

Then, you have Poz, who is no journeyman, playing like one, if you take PFF's stats as gospel, which I'm not saying anyone should do, necessarily.

Poz is on basically every tackle.  Especially against Philly, he was the only guy able to tackle McCoy.

It's the young players like Telvin Smith and Reynolds who are completely lost out there and missing tackles.

hes top ten for sure, maybe top 5. marks is probably our best player.

Coughlin when asked if winning will be a focus: "What the hell else is there? This is nice and dandy, but winning is what all this is about."

Quote:Poz is on basically every tackle.  Especially against Philly, he was the only guy able to tackle McCoy.

It's the young players like Telvin Smith and Reynolds who are completely lost out there and missing tackles.
Against Philly, PFF had him doing well against the run, but poorly against the pass.

Against Wash, they had him doing poorly in both categories.  Just stats, I know, but......

Blake Bortles is our best Player.

the more i think about it, the more i believe that he may be our best player

think about it from the point when he went down, the Eagles and then the Redskins made it a point to exploit the safeties.

i don't think that happens if Cyp is still in the game, because Philly would have learned from the play where he got the concussion. He actually had an INT there.

Cyp has become the player the opposing offenses game plan around

Quote:Cyp has become the player the opposing offenses game plan around
thats what it looks like

Quote:For what it's worth, PFF graded Evans pretty high for his play yesterday (+3.3).....basically said he was the only member of the secondary that didn't look lost.  And, interestingly, Poz's grades were terrible.
Because Poz cannot cover a TE to save his life. The Jaguars should have pretty much anyone other than Poz out there on obvious passing downs.

Interestingly enough Telvin Smith displayed impressive coverage skills at the LB position in the preseason, and I believe he should be worked into the defensive gameplan more often than he currently is.

THERE IS A SKELETON INSIDE OF YOU.

RIGHT NOW. THIS IS NOT A JOKE.

(This post was last modified: 09-16-2014, 06:39 AM by ukjag34.)

Quote:Against Philly, PFF had him doing well against the run, but poorly against the pass.

Against Wash, they had him doing poorly in both categories. Just stats, I know, but......
Poz looks worse in coverage than he is because our zone scheme is really vulnerable to the tight end on the seam route it looks like poz is missing his man but if he follows the tight end it leaves the middle wide open for the checkdown draw or qb scramble

it works in seattle because earl thomas has the range to cover sideline to sideline so they can play one high safety leaving chancellor to light up.those guys sitting down in the gaps in the zone

That being said sadly poz doesnt have he speed to make a recovery if he is caught out of position

Quote:Because Poz cannot cover a TE to save his life. The Jaguars should have pretty much anyone other than Poz out there on obvious passing downs.

Interestingly enough Telvin Smith displayed impressive coverage skills at the LB position in the preseason, and I believe he should be worked into the defensive gameplan more often than he currently is.

Both Smith and Watson need more time. This D needs speed in the middle of the defense to be good with a wide ranging safety behind them to make it all work together.

“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Quote:Best player on O - M. Lewis

Best player on D - Poz or Marks
LMAO, LOL, :woot:  Lewis best Offensive Player ... LMAO, LOL :teehee:   LMAO that's a good one...

Poz is the best player on Defense but Jonathan Cyprien was getting up there prior to his injury...

I would say the best player on Offense was Chad Hurns WR #88 until his injury & poor performance against the Skins so probably Marqise Lee with Shorts III Injured.

Chad Hurns?!?
Making up

Evidence

Depending on

Information

Available

(Hurns) He's rated as the best Jaguars WR in my Madden 15 xbox one game.  He was the only WR that really elevated himself throughout preseason and into the regular season.  The Eagles had him tripled covered and he still made that 2nd Td.

Blake Lee > Chad Hurns

Well Blake Bortles isnt starting, and now of course I would pick Lee since Hurns is injured...

(This post was last modified: 09-16-2014, 10:25 AM by badger.)

Quote:Because Poz cannot cover a TE to save his life. The Jaguars should have pretty much anyone other than Poz out there on obvious passing downs.

FYI Telvin Smith has been playing zone where the TE is running at times and is completely clueless how to cover it.

First off, PFF ratings of LBs is way off. Marvin Lewis said as much.

It seems like the scheme, rather than the individual players, is the big problem with the TE coverage. The receptions all all appear to be in the area where the LB hands off coverage to the safety.

As far as Cyp being the best player, he's good, but I think it's more the matter of the backups being bad. Cyp >> Prosinski, but Anyone >> Prosinski.

"Why should I give information to you when all you want to do is find something wrong with it?"