Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
If you took Jalen Ramsey and Jackson off of Wash's Defense, where would would it rank?

Quote:Factor in the 3 and outs and the lopsided time of possession and I think they were more realistically around 9th or so.

I mean, if we are doing all of this "adjusting" then.....

It really doesn't matter where folks want to adjust their ranking. The talent is largely there for a very good defense to happen next season. I'm more concerned with who will be preparing them each week and calling the plays in 2017 than whether they were "as good as" their ranking in 2016.

The main thing is what we were all crying for to happen last year happened. The defense improved to the point where it could be relied on to get stops and make plays to end a drive. Still needs a few more horses , new scheme can only help it too next year.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:The fact we are having this discussion tells me Caldwell is not the problem with this organization.

I never once was on board with the opinion that Caldwell is part of the problem at all. I think he's made some very good picks in FA/Draft. 

What does it matter? Good players tend to make defences better. Same across the league. Take Von Miller away from Denver and how good is that defence? Take Khalil Mack from the Raiders and I guess they go from a bad defence to a horrendous one.

Defense...

Have you seen my baseball?

Quote:I know the defensive rankings say 6th or so but I'd say even with Ramsey and Malik we would around the 12-18th best defensive team this year.

Football Outsiders, who I trust much more than PFF, have us about 13th this year.

I'd say that's pretty fair.

(This post was last modified: 01-06-2017, 05:53 PM by Teal Time Radio.)

Quote:It would probably rank pretty low, considering we'd only have 9 players on the field.
And they make a new rule to flag us for under 11 men on the field most of the game. 

Bleeding Teal since 1995. The Icon Teal Time Radio aka ctjags

#Gojags

To make it a fair ranking, you'd have to take the best two players off every defense.

'02

What would offense be like without Linder and Beachum?

'02

Quote:I never once was on board with the opinion that Caldwell is part of the problem at all. I think he's made some very good picks in FA/Draft. 
I agree completely.

Even though Bortles have given  reason to doubt, I'm still not yet ready to write him off.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

Quote:Football Outsiders, who I trust much more than PFF, have us about 13th this year.

I'd say that's pretty fair.

Yeah there or there abouts anyway.

Wash deserves credit for it too. New talent helped a ton yes but you could see everyone looked sharper and he pretty much hand picked Yannick too.

On the question of removing Ramsey and Jackson, every great defense is great because of just a couple of great players  or even one great player. This is just how it is. Wash did a solid job for the most part. But this is a fast young Defense that lacks only a solid and consistent pass rush. They fix the pass rush, there are no questions that this can be a top 5 Defense next year.

Removing Ramsey and Jackson.... could I rank it against college defenses? 

Calling Deshawn Watson a future bust since 3/19/17. If I eat crow, I will keep this in here and proclaim JackCity a genius. 

Quote:Yeah there or there abouts anyway.

Wash deserves credit for it too. New talent helped a ton yes but you could see everyone looked sharper and he pretty much hand picked Yannick too.
Wait, are you saying you think Wash hand picked Yannick?

Quote:Wait, are you saying you think Wash hand picked Yannick?

Yeah I thought Caldwell said Wash pushed hard for him after the workout. Obviously was on the board already.

Quote:Yeah I thought Caldwell said Wash pushed hard for him after the workout. Obviously was on the board already.
I know Wash went and personally worked him out like days/a week before the draft, but I think it was more about just covering all fronts. After striking out on all the pass rushers in FA, I'm sure they were really feeling the pressure to go back over pass rushers in the draft.

Wash very well could have been a big factor in pounding on the table to draft Ngakoue though.

Take Sherm and Wagner off the Seahawks defense and how good are they?

'02

It would still be good.  Smith in my eyes is our best defender. 

Bleeding Teal since 1995. The Icon Teal Time Radio aka ctjags

#Gojags