Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Ramsey cracks the top 10 on Ike's final top CB rankings

Quote:I really think Dallas would be undefeated if they had Ramsey over Elliot. They still could have had a strong running game with Lamar Miller or if maybe the took Jordan Howard. Elliot is very talented, but we all know how good their running game is no matter who is toting the rock. Elite CB prospects are harder to find. 

Alfred Morris would have been just fine behind that line, maybe not as many big runs but he would have done work.

Go Jags!
*To stay up for atleast 2 years 3/6/17
2016 draft players I think will be good
  • On the Fournette train, will be best back of his class 3/6/17
  • Lattimore please,  Lockdowns on both sides would be nice
  • Engram at TE and the MJD clone Samaje Perine

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:How did Hargreaves do this year? I didn't pay much attention to him. He was a top ten pick too wasn't he?

Hargreaves was "decent".

Showed his talent, but was not anywhere near the same league as Ramsey. 

Tampa's probably not too upset that they took him.  He's good.  Not yet flirting with great, though.

PA Jags Fan
;
; Supporting from long distance

He was the only corner to allow over 1000 yards receiving.
"A man with no sauce is lost.

<p style="text-align:center;">But that same man can get lost in the sauce."

Quote:He was the only corner to allow over 1000 yards receiving.
who did?

Quote:I am surprised on how great he has been this season. Loved that pick but didn't expect him to be a top 5 CB

Edit: A top 5 CB this early

Well he is clearly not top 5... yet

"Treyvon Wallet is elite run defender and better overall than Aidan Hutchinson" 11/11/23

(This post was last modified: 01-06-2017, 06:51 PM by iHaunting Raven.)

Quote:Careful your agenda is showing Smile

Your brainless homerism is showing  :woot:

"Treyvon Wallet is elite run defender and better overall than Aidan Hutchinson" 11/11/23

Quote:I am surprised on how great he has been this season. Loved that pick but didn't expect him to be a top 5 CB

Edit: A top 5 CB this early

Make that top 10.

This is a distinguished list, and it's awesome to see him make it. I was looking carefully down the names to see if there's any basis to move Ramsey up even a spot or two, but there's real
ly not. All nine CBs ahead of are deservedly ahead of him, but I can't wait to see what Ramsey has in store for year two.

What this means is that we can all now say...

<p style="margin-left:40px;"> 

<p style="margin-left:40px;">"Ramsey was a borderline top 10 NFL CB as a rookie."

or...

<p style="margin-left:40px;">"Ramsey was arguably a top 10 CB as a rookie"

Wow!

The next step is to change that word "borderline" or "arguably" into a word like "definitely." After that's it's borderline top 5, etc.

'02

Meh, Ike Taylor has nothing on KYJaggy's analysis of Ramsey.

Quote:Your brainless homerism is showing :woot:
So based on stats you don't think any of them are interchangeable? Lol OK.

Does anyone have the per-game breakdown for Ramsey? I'd be interested in knowing if they credited any of those time Hopkins or other #1's who would switch sides to avoid him and then make those big plays. 

Did McCray also top pff rankings for corner for a specific stretch of the season? Not comparing the two at all. Just may want to temper the excitement.

Quote:who did?
Your boy.

Its crazy when you consider how below average he was for the first 10 games.

Quote:Its crazy when you consider how below average he was for the first 10 games.
Sarcasm?

(This post was last modified: 01-09-2017, 12:27 AM by JackCity.)

Quote:Sarcasm?
No he had a high passer rating against and high completion % in those 10 games.

Allowed 40 yards against per game against #1 WRs as rookie.

I mean, a lot of the completions were small stuff that the defense we were running gives to receivers. Their thing was not getting beat deep, and keep everything in front of you. It's why we didn't get picks for 4 years.

Quote:I mean, a lot of the completions were small stuff that the defense we were running gives to receivers. Their thing was not getting beat deep, and keep everything in front of you. It's why we didn't get picks for 4 years.

He just wasn't good at all. Should have only allowed 10 yards per game.