Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
4th and 16, down 31.

Gus and Dave honeymoon is OVER.

We want results.
<FONT face="Comic Sans MS" size=3><B><FONT face=Verdana color=#ff6600 size=4></FONT></B></FONT>

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

The idiot coach needed his rah rah moment so he could say "derp we showed some good thing dat dur last drive", it's a disgrace that they didn't just run out the clock.  I could see if it was 21-10, but you're down 31 points, just take it like a man and leave. 

Quote:You would would defend the captain of the Titanic.

hilarious

Quote:dude, they were complete idiots last week. it just happened last week. how in the hell can u be mad about him not calling it last week and it results in a touchdown but be mad he called it this week and it result in a batted pass? 

whats your logic?
1. They weren't even going to get the snap off. He literally gave the other team a chance for NO reason.

2. This is not a critical 4th and short play. It was a hail mary situation.

3. As you mentioned it literally just happened last week, if you haven't taught them from that experience then go home because you aren't coaching us anywhere.

4. Where did I say anything about the TO last week?

"Snow and cold may have stopped the armies of Hitler and Napoleon, but they won't slow down the Jaguars. "
;

;
-Steve Sabol

Quote:1. They weren't even going to get the snap off. He literally gave the other team a chance for NO reason.

3. As you mentioned it literally just happened last week, if you haven't taught them from that experience then go home because you aren't coaching us anywhere.

1. It wasnt YOU persay, it was the fanbase as a whole (which includes you).
  2. You right it happened last week so you learn from your mistakes. Duhh.
  3. Hail mary situations can result in TDs or have you not watched football much?
  4. with 21 seconds left, how were they not going to get a snap off?

If you think I offended you, don't worry, I meant to. #facts 
  [Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT-niWtlPRPNH5-2ykTqoe...WzIFU7AJaZ]
#iamlegend

Quote:1. They weren't even going to get the snap off. He literally gave the other team a chance for NO reason.

1. As i watched it in real time it sure looked to me that they were going to get the snap off.

2. It was a critical play in the sense that the defenders were not in their correct positions. Such a problem resulted in a long TD only last week.

3. They should have called a time out last week. They also should have this week.

I have no problem with the time out call. Obviously it turned out to be unnecessary but that couldn't be determined for sure at the time. It also cost nothing as far as the results were concerned.

However, the pass to Hurns was absolutely a mistake. The game was over in all but the clock. If the coach feels the need to 'not give up' then at least have the receivers run routes past the 1st down marker. Hurns was not only way short of the 1st down, he was well covered. There was no way he'd get the 1st down even if the first tackler completely whiffed.

"Why should I give information to you when all you want to do is find something wrong with it?"

Quote:1. As i watched it in real time it sure looked to me that they were going to get the snap off.

2. It was a critical play in the sense that the defenders were not in their correct positions. Such a problem resulted in a long TD only last week.

3. They should have called a time out last week. They also should have this week.

I have no problem with the time out call. Obviously it turned out to be unnecessary but that couldn't be determined for sure at the time. It also cost nothing as far as the results were concerned.

However, the pass to Hurns was absolutely a mistake. The game was over in all but the clock. If the coach feels the need to 'not give up' then at least have the receivers run routes past the 1st down marker. Hurns was not only way short of the 1st down, he was well covered. There was no way he'd get the 1st down even if the first tackler completely whiffed.
:yes:

The Hurns play was on Henne.

#iamlegend

Should have taken the victory knee down. 

Quote:Maybe you don't understand. Gus and company don't need to justify anything. Its their call and their decision.

Says who? They aren't paid to explain their intentions to fans but they are not above criticism. Still doesn't mean you know more than they do, trust me.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

Quote:Says who? They aren't paid to explain their intentions to fans but they are not above criticism. Still doesn't mean you know more than they do, trust me.

True. I do think running a short route with a next game starter was pretty dumb even if it was a basic play. Seeing how all of WRs get hurt so easily would have made me NOT put hurns out there.

#iamlegend

Well, the whole organization is on report.  This is a an expensive product they are selling.  People need to see a basic level of competence.  The last 6 quarters have been an embarrassment.

Sunday we will see if the team can respond. 

Quote:Should have taken the victory knee down.

Lol
[Image: 160572067683e562faff2fbedb33413b.gif]