Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
start bortles..

If bortles played the sacks would be cut in half

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I feel with like a legit QB, our O-line would look a lot better.  He would make quicker decisions and be able to make the defense pay for run-blitzing 8 guys every down, which would also open up the run game.

Quote:If bortles played the sacks would be cut in half
It still wouldn't be pretty.

The Jags would have still lost by 20 points if Bortles started vs. the 'Skins.

Would have likely lost in week one too. 

Henne is terrible - but the team is even worse along the O-line.    The safeties aren't good enough to do what's required of them in Gus' scheme. Same with the linebackers. Only thing improved on the defense this year is pass rush  -- and they couldn't do enough today. 

I counted 6 dropped passes again today as well. Might be more than that. 

Quote:I feel with like a legit QB, our O-line would look a lot better.  He would make quicker decisions and be able to make the defense pay for run-blitzing 8 guys every down, which would also open up the run game.
Simple logic. A qb that's a threat does all of this. But what do we know we're not the genius Gus Bradley.

Big Ben's o-line has never been anything greater than avearge and he has won 2 superbowls with them...atleast give BB a chance to show something. The fans deserve a glimpse of the future, I am coming from Canada for the Dolphins game at the end of October, if he isn't in by then I may scalpe my tickets in disgust.

As much as I don't like Henne starting.  Henne should start and Bortles sit.  The line is terrible.  Let Henne take the beating out there.  Reality check. This team is not going to make the playoffs and it needs quality players at a lot of positions. Important to lose for good draft position.

Bortles will not fix everything as Henne is certainly not the only problem on our team. However, I do believe Bortles is a better QB than Henne and should play, regardless of our offensive line or WR situation. The best player should play. I don't care how old he is. The team as a whole needs a spark. They looked dead today. Change at QB could provide that. 

[Image: hot-dancing-unlv-college-football-fan-2012.gif]

Hurns TD on our first offensive drive may have changed the entire makeup of the game.

But whatever.  Start Bortles.  Don't start Bortles.  I'm not sure how much it really matters at this point.

The O-Line is going to be like this all year.

The play calling may change if Bortles is in.  Maybe Fish just doesn't have any confidence in Henne.  If that's the case, I think it's time to put the kid in.

Quote:The Jags would have still lost by 20 points if Bortles started vs. the 'Skins.

Would have likely lost in week one too. 

Henne is terrible - but the team is even worse along the O-line.    The safeties aren't good enough to do what's required of them in Gus' scheme. Same with the linebackers. Only thing improved on the defense this year is pass rush  -- and they couldn't do enough today. 

I counted 6 dropped passes again today as well. Might be more than that. 
I am not sure if there is a worse linebacking corps in the league. The last 10 seasons have been abysmal for this defense at the position. When is the last time an opposing TE hasn't been a huge factor? I can't think that far back.

What lies behind us, and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

I hope they never play Bortles. This is getting comically funny to watch this brass bumble and stumble each week. It's still entertainment. I've given up on ever winning with these joke regimes. If it happens it happens then great.

Quote:I am not sure if there is a worse linebacking corps in the league. The last 10 seasons have been abysmal for this defense at the position. When is the last time an opposing TE hasn't been a huge factor? I can't think that far back.

Meanwhile, Brandon Marshall starts for Denver and his best attribute coming into the draft was coverage.

Quote:I hope they never play Bortles. This is getting comically funny to watch this brass bumble and stumble each week. It's still entertainment. I've given up on ever winning with these joke regimes. If it happens it happens then great.

Cool man! Thanks for your input!

It just doesn't make any sense at this point. You draft a QB at 3, he outperforms the starter in preseason, but you want to wait for the perfect situation to start him??? If we're waiting for our o-line and WR to be fixed before putting Bortles in, we might have to wait a couple year. Put him in, let him make mistakes and grow. If he can't handle the pressure or failure, then he was never gonna be the guy.

[Image: hot-dancing-unlv-college-football-fan-2012.gif]

Quote:I hope they never play Bortles. This is getting comically funny to watch this brass bumble and stumble each week. It's still entertainment. I've given up on ever winning with these joke regimes. If it happens it happens then great.

Do you even Jaguar?

Quote:It just doesn't make any sense at this point. You draft a QB at 3, he outperforms the starter in preseason, but you want to wait for the perfect situation to start him??? If we're waiting for our o-line and WR to be fixed before putting Bortles in, we might have to wait a couple year. Put him in, let him make mistakes and grow. If he can't handle the pressure or failure, then he was never gonna be the guy.

I'm beginning to think the exact same thing.  Fish is gonna be the OC next year anyways right?  Might as well just put in Bortles and let's let them all sink or swim together starting now.

I'm over this non-sense.  I've lost complete confidence in the OC.  If Bradly continues on this horrendous path, it's gonna be cause of some serious concern.  

They need to change this entire thing around on the offensive side of the ball.  Honestly, I can't even say anything bad about the D at this point.  They've been hung out to dry by the offense.

We had 4 three and outs, 1 four and out, before we finally scored a TD---It's just not something a D can withstand.  Over time, the entire unit will be completely worn out.  We've seen that the last 2 weeks.  And to be quite honest, under Fish, this time of routing by the offense is pretty normal.  It's time for something to change.

Put in the new QB.  If playing under this OC and this O-Line breaks him, so be it.  The O-Line isn't magically gonna get better.  And unfortunately, we're probably stuck with Fish for another 2 seasons before they change him out.

The worst o-line and running game. Poor coaching, elementary OC play calling and design.  Bortles will develop Gabbertitis. 

I don't think it would have been the right decision to put him in this game. We were getting whipped everywhere and too far behind. I'd rather him start on the basis of practicing all week being named the starter and knowing it's his team now.

No pain, no gain.

Quote:It just doesn't make any sense at this point. You draft a QB at 3, he outperforms the starter in preseason, but you want to wait for the perfect situation to start him??? If we're waiting for our o-line and WR to be fixed before putting Bortles in, we might have to wait a couple year. Put him in, let him make mistakes and grow. If he can't handle the pressure or failure, then he was never gonna be the guy.

Exactly my thinking. If you want to wait for O-line, Receivers, and Running Back situations to be just right before putting Blake in. Might as well never start him, cause there are NO perfect situations in the NFL.

Name Fisch the head coach and demote Bradley to d cordinator. Playoff bound.