Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
start bortles..

Quote:Name Fisch the head coach and demote Bradley to d cordinator. Playoff bound.

Only if you take all offensive decision making away from Fish...  I have a better idea...  Just fire Fish

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:The worst o-line and running game. Poor coaching, elementary OC play calling and design.  Bortles will develop Gabbertitis. 
Gabbert was terrible to begin with. He wasn't even good in college. I'm still haunted by the terror that is Blane Gabbert but we can't not play Bortles because Gabbert sucked so bad. Bortles is not Gabbert . . . hardly anyone is. Gabbert was a special kind of bad. 

[Image: hot-dancing-unlv-college-football-fan-2012.gif]

Gabbert was always Gabbert

https://youtube.com/watch?v=YNgBxkvwEyY

Have you guys seen Blake's girlfriend? I don't think the dude is gonna have confidence problems if things don't go perfectly. 

Quote:Gabbert was always Gabbert

https://youtube.com/watch?v=YNgBxkvwEyY
He threw slants and outs all throughout college. His footwork was just as bad, if not worse in college. We didn't ruin him. He was already terrible. Our "genius" GM for some reason thought it was a great idea to draft him at 10.

Just because he's tougher than Gabbert, doesn't mean all the beating from a bad o-line and no running game can take its toll.  Ok, instead of Gabbert, he will become the next Sam Bradford. 

Quote:Just because he's tougher than Gabbert, doesn't mean all the beating from a bad o-line and no running game can take its toll.  Ok, instead of Gabbert, he will become the next Sam Bradford. 
So we'll just keep starting the lesser QB because we're scared of damaging the psyche of our young QB? The young QB we drafted at #3. If we're not confident in our QB's mental health, we should have never drafted him. 

"Hey coach, we keep getting blown out. Do you think you can put the better QB in."

"Nah, I'm afraid if he plays with all you terrible players it will damage his confidence. Good luck doe."

lol wut

Quote:He threw slants and outs all throughout college. His footwork was just as bad, if not worse in college. We didn't ruin him. He was already terrible. Our "genius" GM for some reason thought it was a great idea to draft him at 10.

aka your typical Big 12 QB that puts up gaudy stats in spread offenses with 5 second pockets only to fail in the NFL

Quote:So we'll just keep starting the lesser QB because we're scared of damaging the psyche of our young QB? The young QB we drafted at #3. If we're not confident in our QB's mental health, we should have never drafted him.

"Hey coach, we keep getting blown out. Do you think you can put the better QB in."

"Nah, I'm afraid if he plays with all you terrible players it will damage his confidence. Good luck doe."

lol wut

I agree. Say we do sit Bortles the rest of the season. Then next year our line is the same. Do we sit him the year again? When does it end?

A spark of hope. This is what Bradley said 

<p style="font-size:12px;color:rgb(164,164,164);font-family:'Arial Regular', Arial, sans-serif;background-color:rgb(0,0,0);">Bradley said he did not consider playing rookie quarterback <a class="" href='http://www.jaguars.com/team/roster/blake-bortles/5e2dcdf3-c5ab-4d4c-80ac-54919a747ec5/' title="Blake Bortles">Blake Bortles[Image: icon-article-link.gif]</a>. He was asked afterward if he would consider it next week.

<p style="font-size:12px;color:rgb(164,164,164);font-family:'Arial Regular', Arial, sans-serif;background-color:rgb(0,0,0);">“Right now, we’ve got a lot of things we need to correct,” he said. “We’ll take a look at that all on film.”

Sam Bradford is a bad analog to BB5.  BB5 is a man, Bradford is china doll.

But Bortles in, he's ready.  And at this point, if he's not as ready as the OC thinks he should be, who cares?  I have no confidence that our OC is NFL caliber.  He needs to go back to college ball.  

Quote:I agree. Say we do sit Bortles the rest of the season. Then next year our line is the same. Do we sit him the year again? When does it end?
We must wait till we have 5 all-pro offensive lineman, 2 all-pro wideouts and a HOF calliber RB before even considering putting Bortles in. Don't want to damage his confidence bro.

Bortles needs to put Archie Manning's phone number on his speed dial to help deal mentally with his career.

Once Bortles gets his footwork down, we'll get him in there.

Start Bowanko and Bortles. Bortles can at least call an audible out Jed's terrible play call. With Paztor back, Bowanko and Bortles in, we might look sort of like an offense. I don't care if they don't know the play book--heck, it's even better they don't. Let Blake do what he wants.

Start Bortles you say....why....so he can get sacked ten times too? You start Bortles now in the shape this OL is and you're asking for serious injury to happen to our future. Don't be ridiculous

But chad understands protections and has the ability to read coverage and gets us out of a bad play and into a good play.Sarcasm

I good qb can cover for a lot of deficiencies. A bad qb cannot.

Gus has said that Chad gives us the best chance to win right now. If he starts BB and and BB is successful then I question gus Bradley's ability to assess talent. Which could be the reason the team spent 6 months preparing Brewster to play center.

Quote:Start Bortles you say....why....so he can get sacked ten times too? You start Bortles now in the shape this OL is and you're asking for serious injury to happen to our future. Don't be ridiculous
And what if he breaks his leg the first game of next season?

Injuries happen in this sport... It's not like Pee-wee Herman is suiting up to play...

Seriously. Does Henne know he can call an audible?

(This post was last modified: 09-14-2014, 07:21 PM by TheSchmidt.)

Quote:Start Bortles you say....why....so he can get sacked ten times too? You start Bortles now in the shape this OL is and you're asking for serious injury to happen to our future. Don't be ridiculous
And he could break a finger in practice by hitting his hand on a players helmet on a follow through.

He is going to get hit. Can't keep him in a bubble forever.