Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
start bortles..

Did Chad make any good audible's today ?

Seriously he might have I couldn't tell . Would like to know how many changes he made.

Seriously, we allowed more sacks than our RBs had yards. "Extremely lofty expectations" lol 

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Seriously. Does Henne know he can call an audible?

I don't think they allow Henne to call audibles.  I don't think he called any today or last week

Start Bortles.  He'll get better faster playing, then holding a clip board.  The OLine will need to improve to give him a chance.

(This post was last modified: 09-14-2014, 07:32 PM by Joe.)

Bortles could injure himself walking his dog tomorrow. What if the oline is worse next year? Are we going to sit Bortles until he's 30 years old? I promise you that Bortles will be sacked eventually, are we waiting for the NFL to ban sacking the QB to put him in?

He's gotta play sometime.

If the 2008 Falcons had the same attitude as this staff Matt Ryan wouldn't have started and they would have never made the playoffs.

After today's showing, I can see how it'd seem like a good idea to give Bortles a shot. But I'm not sure that he would have fixed what I perceived as the roots to our loss.

Our rookie receivers couldn't make plays because the skins were on our routes in the quick game (no getting the ball off early) and there was no way to get the ball off in the deep passing game thanks to the pressure on Henne/OL problems.

I think the key to paving the way for Henne/Bortles is getting our running game in gear (like we did when we had Fred Taylor and MJD). Take some pressure off the OL, while giving the rookie receivers some space to make plays.

Also, the defense needs to understand that running into someone really fast isn't the same thing as tackling them (I.E. don't leave your feet when you make a tackle)...

Quote:After today's showing, I can see how it'd seem like a good idea to give Bortles a shot. But I'm not sure that he would have fixed what I perceived as the roots to our loss.

Our rookie receivers couldn't make plays because the skins were on our routes in the quick game (no getting the ball off early) and there was no way to get the ball off in the deep passing game thanks to the pressure on Henne/OL problems.

I think the key to paving the way for Henne/Bortles is getting our running game in gear (like we did when we had Fred Taylor and MJD). Take some pressure off the OL, while giving the rookie receivers some space to make plays.

Also, the defense needs to understand that running into someone really fast isn't the same thing as tackling them (I.E. don't leave your feet when you make a tackle)...
I don't think people want a quick fix but they want a functional offense. I don't think the offense would have looked that bad with him out there. We might not have won but we have had more than 10 points. 

We might not have won, but im pretty sure we would of had more than 8 total first downs.

Quote:We might not have won, but im pretty sure we would of had more than 8 total first downs.
We might not have won but had more than 7 yards in the first 25 minutes. 

How can you be a starting QB in this league and not be capable of making an audible. Bortles was doing it in the preseason.

Henne gives the Jags the best chance to lose.

Quote:Bortles could injure himself walking his dog tomorrow. What if the oline is worse next year? Are we going to sit Bortles until he's 30 years old? I promise you that Bortles will be sacked eventually, are we waiting for the NFL to ban sacking the QB to put him in?

He's gotta play sometime.
Bortles has a dog?

(This post was last modified: 09-14-2014, 08:23 PM by The_Anchorman.)

Quote:We might not have won, but im pretty sure we would of had more than 8 total first downs.

That averages to 2 first downs per quarter.  What more do you want, man????